+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Suggestions of improvement for the next Paradise Hotel

The final episode was really fun to watch, but before that the show was just too unpredictable. Some kind of basic rules should apply, these pulling twists off hat was a bit much. I don't want to know what will happen, but I also don't want to feel like the rules are written on the go to keep people guessing. Good editing should take care of that even if there would be real rules in the game.
    ps. This is just my opinion in the matter.

Your People's Champion theovermind99's Avatar
    I think they should have the ultimate twist. All the talk in various groups about the show being rigged got me thinking. They should promote show next year like they did before and play it like it was this year. When the last show is over, all of the "contestents" and the host of the show should walk over to the camera and say.

"And now for the ultimate twist. Only this twist doesn't effect everyone here, it effects you. You see, this entire show has been scripted for your benifit."

Meanwhile all the "Contestents" could be taunting the camera and say things like "Fooled You".

Yeah, this destroys the entire concept of reality TV, but I think it could be awfully funny.
    Charter member of the Vast Right Wing Conspiracy

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by CharlaFan
    I say next year they should bring Zack and his cast of idiots back for 1 show just so he can give us a stupid rant again to laugh at.
    I would love to see more bluthering idiots! Maybe this time we could get someone who has "intelligent in them!"

I think the ultimate twist this time though should be that the guests of Paradise are actually somewhat attractive--not steroid-injecting she-men or stridex "before" commercials.

Also, the ultimate twist--no headbands or sweatbands allowed! dum, dum, dum (sinister music) Whatever will they do without them!

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by ruben_of_205
    I like for them to get rid of all of the "twists" thus bring in new challenges that paradise guests can participate to win to get the privileges to pick a roommates first or to vote off someone.
    I think one problem is that the producers of 'Reality Shows' are scrambling to find things to make them "fresh" and interesting.

We have been fed a steady diet of 'Reality TV' for several years now and have become a bit jaded and need a stronger dose to "get our fix" and FOX was just trying to add a few twists and turns to keep us all on our toes and tuning in the next week to see what they would possibly do next. Twists are not new to FOX (Joe Millionaire anyone?).

I think that for next year it would be great if the guests were all bi-sexual. That would double the drama at room mate selection time on each episode. Not to mention ensure us of some extra steamy TV viewing.
    Last edited by Daddio; 10-02-2003 at 11:41 AM.

I think that next time, instead of promoting it as a 'game' they should admit that it is nothing more than a soap opera that stars real people. The twists and changes were nothing more than plot twists to ensure that the perceived righteous players were victorious.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

FORT Newbie
    how bout they have a "no douchebag" policy and test people to see if they have actual personalites before the can come on the show..............but then again it wouldent be as infuriatingly addictive to watch..........and i wouldent have anyone to hate.

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by amirouche
    how bout they have a "no douchebag" policy and test people to see if they have actual personalites before the can come on the show..............but then again it wouldent be as infuriatingly addictive to watch..........and i wouldent have anyone to hate.
    Great call!

I think the main thing that they should change in PHo 2 would be to stop showing the same old scenes over and over. I swear, if I had to watch Zach taunt and make childish faces at Keith at breakfast one more time I would have hurled. It seemed a bit excessive at the beginning of the series but towards the end, and the last 2 episodes were just full of old scenes. If I want to watch reruns I'll tune in to Nick at Night.

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Bit
    I think the main thing that they should change in PHo 2 would be to stop showing the same old scenes over and over. I swear, if I had to watch Zach taunt and make childish faces at Keith at breakfast one more time I would have hurled. It seemed a bit excessive at the beginning of the series but towards the end, and the last 2 episodes were just full of old scenes. If I want to watch reruns I'll tune in to Nick at Night.
    Exactly

We want new footage... Not the same stuff over and over again!!!!
    Reality TV

1. America's Top Model: Eva
    2. The Apprentice: Andy
    3. Survivor: Julie

I just hope they dont typecast. I dont want them to try and find another "Toni" "Zack" and "Dave" Usually when these reality shows are successful the first season they try too hard to find the "villian" "hero" and it ends up being a flop.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast