+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Spoilers Interview with Dave.

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by totoro
    Aww. Thanks, Mav. Can I call you Mav?

I'll look forward to whatever you put out there!!

Of course you can! Can I call you toto? LOL --just kiddiing!!!

I just don't know how I can TOP your stuff. hmm...hafta think hard...

EDIT: Today I sniffed out an article that MAY be about our "famed" Toni of PHo. I posted a link to the article in the "Toni" thread today, it's on page 26.

Check it out ..
    Last edited by Maveno; 10-01-2003 at 04:34 PM.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

Quote Originally Posted by ruben_of_205
    I disagreed.. if not for Keith... At least Holly believes that Dave would definately pick Scott/Holly over Keith and Tara.. Keith definately spoils Dave's plan.
    Holly is not exactly the sharpest knife in the kitchen.... I don't know if I would base an arguement on her opinions!
    Reality TV

1. America's Top Model: Eva
    2. The Apprentice: Andy
    3. Survivor: Julie

Hug me!
    Quote Originally Posted by stargazer401
    Ahhh, my blonde moment for the day. I wondered why he would sniff a piece of foil.
    Hey.. you all should check out the new layout offical Ruben Studdard site. http://www.rubenstuddard.com
    It's

Quote Originally Posted by croftchrism
    Holly is not exactly the sharpest knife in the kitchen.... I don't know if I would base an arguement on her opinions!
    exactly... That's why she believes everything that Dave told her.. until Keith spill the bean. However.. I think Holly has every reason to trust Dave.. He is the only who care about Holly when the OGs returned.... he is a true friend.
    "Charla is intelligent and beautiful and I just felt really stupid for picking ... for, you know... liking someone that wasn't available really.. certainly not to me." Quote from Dave (Paradise Hotel).

exactly... That's why she believes everything that Dave told her.. until Keith spill the bean. However.. I think Holly has every reason to trust Dave.. He is the only who care about Holly when the OGs returned.... he is a true friend.
    I know this is probably going to start an arguement, but here goes nothing.

In my opinion, when Dave went to check on Holly, the primary reason (note primary, not the only, but the main reason) he did it was to try and bring her over to the Barbie side. I believe it follows the same logic as to why he kept Scott over Beau. He said that by keeping Scott, he hoped that Holly and Scott would look after his interests (i.e. Charla). Hence, by being nice to Holly when everyone else was ignoring her, he helped to keep Holly's ill will away from him.
    Reality TV

By a duck pond in Arizona with about 50 ducks.
    Quote Originally Posted by calhoun
    Thinbound:

You make good points, and I agree that Dave was doing a lot of the front work and taking some risks because of that. The only thing that I don't completely agree with is that it was Keith making Dave look disloyal, because Dave was doing a pretty good job doing that himself. What we saw on the show raised ambiguities, but in the Pandora's box game where Dave talks about whom he might have voted off, from the Yahoo Platinum clips of last week (mild spoiler)
    Click to see Spoiler:
    he did more than just say that he "considered" voting Keith off. When pressed with the question "Whom would you vote off first, Keith or Scott?", Dave's response was, "I don't know...Keith." Whether or not Dave was being truthful, it was a hint at disloyalty calculated toward getting in Scott's good graces in case Scott ever had to choose b/w him and Dave.
    Why do I feel like I'm the only person who interpreted what Dave said in a different way?
    The quote, "I don't know, Keith" seems to be commonly interpreted as Dave saying that he would have voted off Keith first. I saw it as him ADDRESSING Keith.
    Like if Keith were to ask, "What's your favorite food, Dave?" and Dave were to respond, "I don't know, Keith." He certainly isn't saying that Keith is his favorite food...
    But then again, that was just my take.

Quote Originally Posted by duckyass
    Why do I feel like I'm the only person who interpreted what Dave said in a different way?
    The quote, "I don't know, Keith" seems to be commonly interpreted as Dave saying that he would have voted off Keith first. I saw it as him ADDRESSING Keith.
    Like if Keith were to ask, "What's your favorite food, Dave?" and Dave were to respond, "I don't know, Keith." He certainly isn't saying that Keith is his favorite food...
    But then again, that was just my take.
    When I first watched it, that is what I thought it said. But later, if Dave really didn't pick, then wouldn't he just say that instead of trying to get out of telling a lie?
    Reality TV

FORT Newbie
    ruben_of_205...Dave admits that he was playing the game the whole time and taking it way too seriously at some points. Therefore, I don't think it's a stretch to say that his actions at PH were motivated by something other than (or in addition to) kindness. He was trying to get people on his side, plain and simple. Dave didn't have any problem hanging Keith & Tara out to dry if Scott or Holly had received the power. So, why is Keith a bad guy for beating Dave at his own game?

By a duck pond in Arizona with about 50 ducks.
    croftchrism
    But Dave hasn't always been the best at defending himself. Just look back to the situation he was in when that whole thing with his perspective on the intelligence levels of the other guests came up.
    Toni had scewed what Dave actually said all out of proportion, and Dave could have easily said, "No, I said this: (insert verbatim conversation here)," but instead, he gets all flustered and can't remember what was really said well enough to actually defend himself, so he always ends up backing out the with the phrase that makes him look like a liar:
    "I don't remember."

Hug me!
    Quote Originally Posted by croftchrism
    I know this is probably going to start an arguement, but here goes nothing.

In my opinion, when Dave went to check on Holly, the primary reason (note primary, not the only, but the main reason) he did it was to try and bring her over to the Barbie side. I believe it follows the same logic as to why he kept Scott over Beau. He said that by keeping Scott, he hoped that Holly and Scott would look after his interests (i.e. Charla). Hence, by being nice to Holly when everyone else was ignoring her, he helped to keep Holly's ill will away from him.
    I agreed with you.. but I think that Dave made a big mistake to keep Scott over Beau. In my opinion, Beau is much easiler to manipulate than Scott. As for Amy.. she already hate Keith and Tara so he know that Charla and him would be safer.
    "Charla is intelligent and beautiful and I just felt really stupid for picking ... for, you know... liking someone that wasn't available really.. certainly not to me." Quote from Dave (Paradise Hotel).

I agreed with you.. but I think that Dave made a big mistake to keep Scott over Beau. In my opinion, Beau is much easiler to manipulate than Scott. As for Amy.. she already hate Keith and Tara so he know that Charla and him would be safer.
    I think we are in accord. As a viewer, getting rid of Beau, hence causing the departure of Amy, was a great thing. As a player, Scott was the bigger threat. I think Amy and Beau were a little to unpredicable though, to keep in the final three couples. Since they were both loyal to a fault (like pit bulls?) getting rid of Scott might have caused an explosion of anger towards Dave from Holly, Amy and Beau. When Dave got rid of Beau, only Amy was upset. Basically, it was a bad decision either way for Dave.
    Reality TV

+ Reply to Thread