+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Charla interview on TvGuide.com

Quote Originally Posted by ruben_of_205
    You know what.. That's fine that funnygirl or k1w1 thinks that that way.. They are girls.. They don't know how it feels to be taking advantages of. They were never in the receiving end of the torture that Charla reflected on Dave. good for them.
    First of all Ruben, before you speak for me, get my permission first. You have no idea what I have endured as a female or human being for that matter...you are generalizing and, per the norm, are WAY off base! I am offended that you would think that just because my opinion is of the obvious, I have lived a sheltered life. Shame on you!

Hug me!
    Quote Originally Posted by funnygirl422
    First of all Ruben, before you speak for me, get my permission first. You have no idea what I have endured as a female or human being for that matter...you are generalizing and, per the norm, are WAY off base! I am offended that you would think that just because my opinion is of the obvious, I have lived a sheltered life. Shame on you!
    why should I? you are generalizing that I must be immature or young just because I feel the way about charla.. shame on who now ?
    "Charla is intelligent and beautiful and I just felt really stupid for picking ... for, you know... liking someone that wasn't available really.. certainly not to me." Quote from Dave (Paradise Hotel).

why should I? you are generalizing that I must be immature or young just because I feel the way about charla.. shame on who now ?
    You are young because of they way you express your thoughts and opinions. You are as naive as Charla would like us to believe that she is.

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer401
    I'm glad that now that Charla is back in the real world, she has gained enough perspective to laugh at those freaks.
    Hey--thanks Mike for the great post!! I agree with you star--She sounds pretty happy--and way more clear-headed then Acmy (we already figured that one out). I believe her about not knowing Dave had a crush on her. Im sure she knew there was some attraction, but she wasnt around watching what we were during the filming. Dave acted more like an obsessed guy when she wasnt around.
    Awaiting Wedsnesday......

Quote Originally Posted by rockinrollinbch
    Hey--thanks Mike for the great post!! I agree with you star--She sounds pretty happy--and way more clear-headed then Acmy (we already figured that one out). I believe her about not knowing Dave had a crush on her. Im sure she knew there was some attraction, but she wasnt around watching what we were during the filming. Dave acted more like an obsessed guy when she wasnt around.
    I don't think so. I get the feeling she knew exactly what was going on when she was on the beach flirting with Keith. I just hated that she thought she was doing something wrong by wanting to flirt, dance, etc. with Keith just because Dave was pouting. Kind of like in high school when some girl wanted to beat you up because the guy they liked happened to like you...never got that one.

Quote Originally Posted by funnygirl422
    I don't think so. I get the feeling she knew exactly what was going on when she was on the beach flirting with Keith. I just hated that she thought she was doing something wrong by wanting to flirt, dance, etc. with Keith just because Dave was pouting. Kind of like in high school when some girl wanted to beat you up because the guy they liked happened to like you...never got that one.
    Hey--I guess I didnt think of it that way..I can see where Charla just really didnt want to think about it--If I was in her position, I probably would have done the same--you cant force feelings you dont have...

I agree. I think Charla was pretty blunt with Dave about her feelings. She let him know that they will only be friends by her flirtation with keith, her sleeping on the other bed and her comments. Dave was tortured because he knew about the way she felt for him and expressed his feelings for her through the camera. He basically was hanging by a thread of hope that she would return his feelings, but deep down he knew she wouldn't. If Charla came off as stringing Dave along, I feel that it was more out of desperation, she didn't have any friends. She played a good game and made good allies with trustworthy people.

She'll be there when I'm gone... won't she?
    I can see both sides of this situation, even though I've only ever been in one side (the Dave side). I just have to say though, that the episode where Dave confesses his crush to the cameras and then breaks down was painful for me. Brought back too many (bad) memories of high school/college.

That being said, I can understand Charla's side too. Just because Dave likes her doesn't mean she's not allowed to flirt with anyone else. Dave should understand that since the guy's what... 25? 26? He handled the whole situation like I did in high school/college. I'm not saying I would handle it any differently now, but at least now I realize there's another perspective. I'm not sure Dave even acknowledges that much...
    R.I.P Willie Dog (?/?/1989-12/17/2004). Gone but never forgotten.

Welcome Zelda (and a hot of other names)! (Born 08/08/2005, adopted 10/08/2005)

Also welcome Shasta! (Born ?/?/2004, Adopted 03/??/07)

Quote Originally Posted by Yellow Apple
    I can see both sides of this situation, even though I've only ever been in one side (the Dave side). I just have to say though, that the episode where Dave confesses his crush to the cameras and then breaks down was painful for me. Brought back too many (bad) memories of high school/college.

That being said, I can understand Charla's side too. Just because Dave likes her doesn't mean she's not allowed to flirt with anyone else. Dave should understand that since the guy's what... 25? 26? He handled the whole situation like I did in high school/college. I'm not saying I would handle it any differently now, but at least now I realize there's another perspective. I'm not sure Dave even acknowledges that much...
    I, too, have been in both positions. Having a crush on someone who doesnt have the same feelings..but wants to be friends. And someone having a crush on me and I didnt feel the same towards them. Its a tough situation and I have handled both the same way as Dave and Charla. Of course..that was in high school. But anyway...my point is--I think Charla handled it very well except for saying she couldnt stand Dave touching her bare skin.--That was pretty harsh, she could have said it differently--

They are girls.. They don't know how it feels to be taking advantages of. They were never in the receiving end of the torture that Charla reflected on Dave. good for them.
    I can't believe that I let your remarks get to me so much that I finally feel compelled to respond. Are you implying that a girl can't have a crush on a boy that doesn't like her back? That guys never string girls along? That guys never take advantage of girls? Are you kidding me, ruben205? That is seriously delusional. I am sorry that you have been hurt in the past by someone who didn't return your feelings. It sucks, I know, I've been there - and guess what, I am a girl. It works both ways.

People have crushes on people who don't like them back. It happens all the time. Sometimes the object of the crush handles it well, sometimes they mean well, but don't know how to handle it, sometimes they are mean and spiteful. That's life. Deal with it.

The problem with this scenario in PH is that the crusher and the crushee were stuck together. No one else to talk to, nothing else to do, no friends to offer consolation and distraction to help get over the hurt of the rejection. It was an unfortunate situation for both of them, and I think they both did the best they could with the situation. Forgive, forget, move on, and grow from the experience.

:pond
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
    - Albert Einstein

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast