Closed Thread
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Gossip

Quote Originally Posted by Maveno
    Ask her if she was TRUTHFULLY jealous of the time Scott spent with Melanie?

How totally cool that you spent time with her, and I'm glad to hear that they're still working on the relationship.
    One of the questions one of my coworkers asked her. She said she was a little, but also knew that Scott and Melanie had clicked the first few weeks of the show. So she understood why he was hanging out with her when she came back on the show, but she was a bit jealous and sad that he seemed to be ignoring her. My coworker also asked her if her and Scott were going to get married She looked at my coworker like she had three heads and said, "Uh, not exactly on my radar yet". I said that was wise, I mean, she has only known him a few months!!

A few other things I have remembered from our conversation (sorry for being so blustery in my earlier post)...

She hasn't been approached to do Playboy...YET (she blushed when I asked her this question!)

She was most worried about how her drunken behavior would be portrayed on the show. She said that she was drunk A LOT, since there wasn't much to do BUT drink. The only time they weren't allowed to drink was a few hours before people got kicked off. They gave them LOTS of alcohol before Pandora's Box. Pandora's Box was a drunk-fest people! Now we know why Toni yelled some wacky things during it...

Her and Dave were real close. She said he was one of her favorite people on the show...one of the reasons why she was truly hurt when he pulled all that crap when it was just the last three couples. She said she wasn't angry or mad that her and Scott ended up leaving. They were upset that they had gotten that far and didn't win, but they held no grudges (like some other people on the show).

At the beginning of the airing of the show, the difference between the filming and the airing of the shows was apx 1-2 weeks. The production company got an extension on shows (which we all learned about and discussed here), but couldn't have the "hotel" any longer, so as the show progressed, the difference became 2-3 weeks between filming and airing.

They NEVER knew what, if anything, they would be doing day-to-day. Breakfast was around 11AM, Lunch was 3PM, dinner was 9PM. After the first week or two of her stay, they were staying up so late that breakfast and lunch got bumped up an hour. They had an American chef but there was some stuff they couldn't get if they craved/wanted.

Whenever they saw Host Amanda's makeup artist, they knew they were in for something interesting later that day. She said they all liked Amanda and she was their only connection to the outside world.

Yes, those necklaces were microphones. And there were mics EVERYWHERE. In the headboards, lamps, drawers, doors, etc. The only place that wasn't miced (spelling?) well was the big pool and if you got out of range, the production crew would ask you to move closer. Another funny tidbit...each bathroom had its own set of curlers!
    I think Johnny Damon has the SWEETEST mullet in major league baseball!

Finally, gossip with substance. What I would really love to know is why the lack of publicity after this show ended. Every other reality show had stuff in various "rag" mags.

Mel!

Thanks for sharing all of this! How did you come about meeting up with Holly? And who arranged the lunch? Do you have further contact with Holly? It would be cool to see her post here and bring some life back to this ol' archive. Wow, how cool that you met her and she busted through the stereotypes we had her pegged with. Smart... who knew?!
    I'll do graffiti if you sing to me in French

Quote Originally Posted by totoro
    Mel!

Thanks for sharing all of this! How did you come about meeting up with Holly? And who arranged the lunch? Do you have further contact with Holly? It would be cool to see her post here and bring some life back to this ol' archive. Wow, how cool that you met her and she busted through the stereotypes we had her pegged with. Smart... who knew?!
    My pleasure! She grew up in the same town as one of my coworkers. She is out here (LA) visiting Scott and other cast members and scoping out the job market. She came by to have lunch with my coworker and my coworker thought that a bunch of us who were fans of the show would like to have lunch with her.

I like to be discrete about my online posting activities so I didn't ask her if she read any message boards. I didn't want her to think I was a crazy lady who would blab her thoughts all over the internet.

As the saying goes "Its not what you know, but who you know" so I may have future contact with her to help her get her foot in the door here in LA. She seemed to not want to impose on anyone related with the show, which shows me that she doesn't want to take advantage of her time on the show. Plus, all the guys in my office were drooling so I am sure that the next time she is in the area, she will be asked back!

As far as your question funnygirl, I can only speculate based on spending a little time with her. I think that most of the cast on the show went through a lot mentally so they have mostly decided to lay low. Although I am sure that Toni will resurface somewhere soon

Quote Originally Posted by melpepinla
    As far as your question funnygirl, I can only speculate based on spending a little time with her. I think that most of the cast on the show went through a lot mentally so they have mostly decided to lay low. Although I am sure that Toni will resurface somewhere soon
    Thanks mel...it's just a little odd that one of the hottest shows if not THE hottest reality show of the summer got very little press after the fact. I'm wondering if it is because they were not "acting" and that the anymosity towards each other was genuine and having them opine on things after the fact could end up slanderous. The few radio interviews that were posted from Canada were pretty telling of the true character of Keith and Tara IMO, but I would love to see a reunion show to find out after all of this time, what their feelings were after reviewing the tapes.

Although I am sure that Toni will resurface somewhere soon
    I hope she goes on Fear Factor. I would love for her to have to choke down some disgusting animal organs or something...

Interesting stuff, Mel, thanks for posting!
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
    - Albert Einstein

Im ready for my closeup.. Tallulahbaby's Avatar
    Thanks Mel, great stuff.
    I checked out Charla's website...hardly anything on it yet...but here are some pics...She looks great.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Coco Magdalena made her debut Sept 2, 2006 7lbs 1oz!!!

"Daddy warned me about Men and Booze, but didn't say anything about Women and Cocaine" - Tallulah Bankhead

Quote Originally Posted by funnygirl422
    Thanks mel...it's just a little odd that one of the hottest shows if not THE hottest reality show of the summer got very little press after the fact. I'm wondering if it is because they were not "acting" and that the anymosity towards each other was genuine and having them opine on things after the fact could end up slanderous. The few radio interviews that were posted from Canada were pretty telling of the true character of Keith and Tara IMO, but I would love to see a reunion show to find out after all of this time, what their feelings were after reviewing the tapes.
    I agree with you, it is odd that there is hardly anything about the cast. One thing I do know for sure after meeting and conversing with Holly, they were NOT acting. I am sure a few of them over-reacted (ie Toni, Amy, Zack), but they were all real people who were forming relationships with strangers in a completely new and stressful way.

I would love to see a reunion as well. Holly said that she was more worried about what her family and friends would think after watching the show. She really didn't care about what the other guests thought of her too much. She knew who her friends on the show were and she felt comfortable with the way she was edited. Can't speak for many of the other guests, but they signed up for a reality show so they shouldn't hold too much of a grudge

Thanks for those photos Tallulah...Charla is lookin' HOT!

I agree with you, it is odd that there is hardly anything about the cast. One thing I do know for sure after meeting and conversing with Holly, they were NOT acting. I am sure a few of them over-reacted (ie Toni, Amy, Zack), but they were all real people who were forming relationships with strangers in a completely new and stressful way.
    There was a statement about a psychologist being available to them and having a hard time dealing with the seclusion (Amy made this comment) and I can't help but think what the motivator for staying would be. We had all opined about the fact that they got to stay at a posh resort and be waited on hand and foot, but we didn't stop to think that, unlike a traditional vacation, you could not leave the resort at will. So what was it that made these folks want to hang on from the beginning?

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by oneTVslave
    I hope she goes on Fear Factor. I would love for her to have to choke down some disgusting animal organs or something...

Interesting stuff, Mel, thanks for posting!

Umm..I'm betting she's already has "choked down" some disgusting animal organs..or SOMETHING.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

Closed Thread