+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Dave on TVGuide.com

Dave on TVGuide.com

Hotel's Dave Dishes the Dirt
    by Ben Katner

From the moment that unlikely Paradise Hotel guest Dave peeled off his shirt and cheerfully announced, "I have man-boobs!" we couldn't help but love the guy. Sure, he was about as reliable an ally as the French, but come on in a sea of washboard stomachs and bulging biceps, he was like us (and how often have you ever seen a real person on reality TV?). What's more, the pro-level schemer's unrequited adoration of brainy Barbie Charla made us groan in empathy. So, as the first of what we can only hope will be many seasons of Fox's summer skank-o-rama comes to an end (in a two-hour finale, airing Wednesday night at 8 ET), we rang up the big lug to give credit where it is due.

TV Guide Online: Dave, on behalf of the pectorally challenged everywhere, I salute you!
    Dave: Thank you, but I wouldn't necessarily say I'm pectorally challenged. I'm just more normal.

TVGO: Looking back, how would you characterize your Paradise Hotel experience?
    Dave: To paraphrase Dickens, it was both the best and worst of times. The best was probably when I was elected king. Oh, and when I beat all those guys at tennis!

TVGO: From the start, your mouth kind of got you in hot water. Do you regret anything that you said?
    Dave: (Long pause) No. I don't think I said anything that I'm particularly embarrassed about. If anything, people told me I should have spoken up more. But I didn't want to sink to the level of other people. I would rather have them dig their own graves.

TVGO: There's a strategy that paid off. Your "peers" didn't just come off like idiots, they came off like monsters!
    Dave: It's really interesting when the evicted guests came back, I really was convinced [by them] that America hated me and Charla and loved them. So imagine my surprise when I came back to thousands of e-mails. It was unbelievable!

TVGO: The episodes in which the series' biggest bullies, Zack and Toni, returned were physically uncomfortable to watch. I can't imagine what it must have been like to be on the receiving end of that much hypocrisy and misdirected anger.
    Dave: It was extremely difficult. After the situation with Andon [calling me out], I really did come close to leaving. But I'm glad I stayed. And I'm glad I'm back home now, where I have the support of my friends and, I guess at this point, America.

TVGO: You got that right, bro. What's it been like watching yourself pine away for Charla on national television?
    Dave: That was the hardest thing for me. Normally, if you have a crush on somebody and they reject you, that's the end of it. You kind of keep moving. But in this situation, she was the person I was depending on to continue in the game, so I really didn't have a choice but to sort of swallow my pride and move forward with her as my strongest ally, despite the fact that we didn't have mutual feelings for each other.

TVGO: Which, in a way, must have been a positive thing, because in real life, after she said no thanks, you probably wouldn't have developed the friendship that you were forced to.
    Dave: Absolutely. It was difficult at times, being around a girl that you liked 24/7. But it worked out okay.

TVGO: In one memorable moment, you asked, "Where's the love for Dave?" Please tell me you now know the answer to that question.
    Dave: I've got to say, pre-Paradise Hotel, I dated. But America did not show me the love the way it is right now! People just hug and kiss me on the streets, I've gotten naked pictures sent to me via e-mails... It's pretty flattering. The only downside is, occasionally when I'm partying, it can be a little bit difficult. I had one girl walk up to me in a bar and, after talking to me for a while, she said, "Wow, you really are that wholesome!" It was meant as a compliment, but it's a little difficult to party when people expect you to be the nice guy. I had to say, "Listen, I'm no priest."

TVGO: Amen!
    I'll do graffiti if you sing to me in French

Quote Originally Posted by totoro
    Dave: It's really interesting when the evicted guests came back, I really was convinced [by them] that America hated me and Charla and loved them. So imagine my surprise when I came back to thousands of e-mails. It was unbelievable!

TVGO: The episodes in which the series' biggest bullies, Zack and Toni, returned were physically uncomfortable to watch. I can't imagine what it must have been like to be on the receiving end of that much hypocrisy and misdirected anger.
    Dave: It was extremely difficult. After the situation with Andon [calling me out], I really did come close to leaving. But I'm glad I stayed. And I'm glad I'm back home now, where I have the support of my friends and, I guess at this point, America.
    Thanks Totoro...always on the ball aren't ya!
    I was wondering if any of the Fab4 really believed the amount of BS that the OGs were spewing on their 48 hour furlough. It's sad to think that the Fab4 would honestly believe that the viewing audience would perceive them as hateful. I am still holding out for the Keith and Charla interviews after the show. I would really love to hear their take (of all guests) about the show. There's just too many reasons not to take some of what Dave says seriously.

Thanks for that Tortoro! I guess the Dave we see is really the Dave he is ....
    lmao
    any of you Canadians recall a song by Kids in the Hall titled
    These are the Daves I Know? LOL sorry brain fart

FORT Newbie
    Wow. I hate to de-rail the Dave-love-train, but this guy seriously needs to get over his high school days. His favorite things were being crowned King and beating the Zackasses at tennis?!? How old is he? Yikes. Can you imagine him at his 10 year reunion? "I'm famous! America loves me! I'm more popular than all of you! I've got cool friends! Look at me now!". If his goal in life include 'fitting in' and 'being popular', I feel really bad for him.

Is anyone else picturing Dave as a shoo-in for the lead in Revenge of the Nerds: Life in Paradise?

AndI'mAddictedToPhil! HiMyNameIsSara's Avatar
    Does anyone else wonder why there are interviews with Dave, Scott, Amy, Beau, etc. but NONE with Charla or Keith? Maybe they won and Fox doesn't want them to accidently spill the beans?

I still think Dave wins, though. And I think he had to make up his "favorite" moments of being king and winning at tennis because his REAL favorite moment was winning that darned "Ultimate Prize" and rubbing it in the face of all of the OGs.

On Hiatus
    Damn. There goes my chance at dating Dave. I'd never send photos of myself nude. At least, not to a stranger.

any of you Canadians recall a song by Kids in the Hall titled
    These are the Daves I Know?
    Oddly, yes I do. I probably shouldn't have watched so much TV in high school.
    "Ashleigh": I just think it's sleazy. It's dirty.
    Matt: Welcome to television!
    -The Joe Schmo Show

Hug me!
    Quote Originally Posted by mightyisis6175
    Wow. I hate to de-rail the Dave-love-train, but this guy seriously needs to get over his high school days. His favorite things were being crowned King and beating the Zackasses at tennis?!? How old is he? Yikes. Can you imagine him at his 10 year reunion? "I'm famous! America loves me! I'm more popular than all of you! I've got cool friends! Look at me now!". If his goal in life include 'fitting in' and 'being popular', I feel really bad for him.

Is anyone else picturing Dave as a shoo-in for the lead in Revenge of the Nerds: Life in Paradise?
    and what else can he be proud of ? mightyisis6175 ?
    The way that OGs liked him ? No... The real friendship with Charla ? ahhh.. no.
    "Charla is intelligent and beautiful and I just felt really stupid for picking ... for, you know... liking someone that wasn't available really.. certainly not to me." Quote from Dave (Paradise Hotel).

What should have been his favorite moment? When Alex pulled on his ears or when Andon acted like he was going to stomp him? Forgive me, but the Originals didn't give the guy much of a chance to have nice moments.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

How can you not like Dave? He is the only real person on reality TV, you sound like some acne ridden angsty teenager who just wants to see beautiful people.
    Headlines Today

Charla Found To Be The New Anti-Christ

After not sharing her take of the prize of Fox's Paradise Hotel, Charla was found to be the new spawn of Satan, officially over throwing the past queen... erm king... erm... it... Toni.

By the way, I'm glad that TVG said that the Originals appeared to be monsters. Maybe Amy, Zack and the rest will awaken from the delusion that only 12 year old hackers dont like them.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast