+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 39

Thread: Dave on TVGuide.com

  1. #11
    FORT Regular Team Barbie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    52
    Quote Originally Posted by mightyisis6175
    Wow. I hate to de-rail the Dave-love-train, but this guy seriously needs to get over his high school days. His favorite things were being crowned King and beating the Zackasses at tennis?!? How old is he? Yikes. Can you imagine him at his 10 year reunion? "I'm famous! America loves me! I'm more popular than all of you! I've got cool friends! Look at me now!". If his goal in life include 'fitting in' and 'being popular', I feel really bad for him.

    Is anyone else picturing Dave as a shoo-in for the lead in Revenge of the Nerds: Life in Paradise?
    Why do you need to Sh*t on his 15minutes? He was on a reality show, and happened to be the favorite, I don't think it's wrong for him to enjoy the fame. He is smart enough to know that it isn't going to last forever. This is probably going to get him alot of action in the girl department, and HE deserves it, for what he had to go through with the originals. And beating digusting zack at tennis is great, it was fun for us to watch and he should smear it in Zack's ugly revolting face. I am all for Dave and am glad he is enjoying the attention.

  2. #12
    Fort Freak! funnygirl422's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Age
    48
    Posts
    2,591
    Quote Originally Posted by Team Barbie
    Why do you need to Sh*t on his 15minutes? He was on a reality show, and happened to be the favorite, I don't think it's wrong for him to enjoy the fame. He is smart enough to know that it isn't going to last forever. This is probably going to get him alot of action in the girl department, and HE deserves it, for what he had to go through with the originals. And beating digusting zack at tennis is great, it was fun for us to watch and he should smear it in Zack's ugly revolting face. I am all for Dave and am glad he is enjoying the attention.
    Okay, Dave was not the "favorite". He was part of a winning team. He had some moments, but he wasn't the one everybody wants to win. I think like everything else that Dave has accomplished on this show he always finds a way to make it "icky". He's already gotten kicked out of a bar back home because of his mouth. I like that he is staying neutral about his friends on the show, but I think like many other things, this too will go to Dave's head and only end in his demise.

  3. #13
    RESIDENT JEDI MASTER Stargazer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    On a Rocky Mountain High
    Age
    38
    Posts
    11,928
    Did he beat Zack at tennis? I was thinking it was Scott. Of course, he said, "all those guys, " so I guess he beat a few off camera.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

    "I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

  4. #14
    So Far Away Yellow Apple's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    She'll be there when I'm gone... won't she?
    Posts
    2,427
    Dave beat Scott, Zack, and I think Alex all in tennis. And don't you know they were all pissed as hell for losing to the "Burger King" dork.

    Anyway, don't count on the Originals to come out of their coma anytime soon. Amy thinks all her haters are the 12 year olds. Uh, Amy, I think you got that backwards, dear.
    R.I.P Willie Dog (?/?/1989-12/17/2004). Gone but never forgotten.

    Welcome Zelda (and a hot of other names)! (Born 08/08/2005, adopted 10/08/2005)

    Also welcome Shasta! (Born ?/?/2004, Adopted 03/??/07)

  5. #15
    RESIDENT JEDI MASTER Stargazer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    On a Rocky Mountain High
    Age
    38
    Posts
    11,928
    Quote Originally Posted by Yellow Apple
    Dave beat Scott, Zack, and I think Alex all in tennis. And don't you know they were all pissed as hell for losing to the "Burger King" dork.

    Anyway, don't count on the Originals to come out of their coma anytime soon. Amy thinks all her haters are the 12 year olds. Uh, Amy, I think you got that backwards, dear.
    I'm glad that Dave found out the truth when he got back. When the OG's were spouting that nonsense off, I just kept wondering how they could have it so wrong. Selective reading of posts, I presume.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

    "I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

  6. #16
    So Far Away Yellow Apple's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    She'll be there when I'm gone... won't she?
    Posts
    2,427
    Quote Originally Posted by stargazer401
    I'm glad that Dave found out the truth when he got back. When the OG's were spouting that nonsense off, I just kept wondering how they could have it so wrong. Selective reading of posts, I presume.
    Well some people will believe what they want to believe no matter what. Even when faced with overwhelming evidence to the contrary.

    Of course, Zack does have his 50 (14 year old) boys back home rooting him on...
    R.I.P Willie Dog (?/?/1989-12/17/2004). Gone but never forgotten.

    Welcome Zelda (and a hot of other names)! (Born 08/08/2005, adopted 10/08/2005)

    Also welcome Shasta! (Born ?/?/2004, Adopted 03/??/07)

  7. #17
    Hug me!
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    1,761
    Quote Originally Posted by funnygirl422
    Okay, Dave was not the "favorite". He was part of a winning team. He had some moments, but he wasn't the one everybody wants to win. I think like everything else that Dave has accomplished on this show he always finds a way to make it "icky". He's already gotten kicked out of a bar back home because of his mouth. I like that he is staying neutral about his friends on the show, but I think like many other things, this too will go to Dave's head and only end in his demise.
    well.. if you put it this way... neither keith or charla are the "favorite" either.
    "Charla is intelligent and beautiful and I just felt really stupid for picking ... for, you know... liking someone that wasn't available really.. certainly not to me." Quote from Dave (Paradise Hotel).

  8. #18
    RESIDENT JEDI MASTER Stargazer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    On a Rocky Mountain High
    Age
    38
    Posts
    11,928
    I dont think there is a clear 'favorite' guest among the fans. I think that there is indeed a 'favorite' team (at least on this board).
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

    "I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

  9. #19
    FORT Newbie
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    33
    and what else can he be proud of mightyisis6175 ? The way that OGs liked him ? No... The real friendship with Charla ? ahhh.. no.

    What should have been his favorite moment? When Alex pulled on his ears or when Andon acted like he was going to stomp him? Forgive me, but the Originals didn't give the guy much of a chance to have nice moments.

    How can you not like Dave? He is the only real person on reality TV, you sound like some acne ridden angsty teenager who just wants to see beautiful people.
    Wow. Express an opinion and get personally attacked. Zack...Amy...Toni? Is that you?

    I am not a teenager (but I am old enough to be a teenager's mother). I am not trying to piss on Dave's 15 minutes of fame. I don't even dislike the guy (well, a little). I just find it sad that, at his age, his world still revolves around popularity contests and besting the 'in crowd'.

    To say that his absolute best moment of the whole experience was when he won king is very telling. He could have said the experience was at its best when everyone was having a good time together (like during the theme parties), or when he felt the power shift from the OGs to the Barbies and herealized he had a real shot at winning, or when he realized he was gonna come out of this with a handful of really good friends, or any number of things. Instead, he picked the moment when he felt most popular.

    His other favorite moments were when he beat one of the stronger/better-looking/more popular guys. I think that says an awful lot about his confidence and self-esteem (or lack thereof).

    In my opinion, Dave would be extremely likeable if he wouldn't try so hard to be everything to everybody (ie: this is me, take it or leave it). He needs to stop caring about what everyone thinks and stop trying to be Mr. Popular or Mr. I'm Just As Good As Everybody Else all the time. Dave could stop being the underdog and the "just a friend" all the time if he'd stop being so dependent on other people's (even complete strangers) opinions of whether or not he's worthy. Even if you're kind, caring, funny and giving, low self-esteem/lack of confidence is very unattractive. If he hasn't realized that by now, he's going to be the underdog/"just a friend" for a long time to come.

  10. #20
    RESIDENT JEDI MASTER Stargazer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    On a Rocky Mountain High
    Age
    38
    Posts
    11,928
    Quote Originally Posted by mightyisis6175
    Wow. Express an opinion and get personally attacked. Zack...Amy...Toni? Is that you?
    Only one or two people 'personally' attacked you. The rest of us (including me, who you quoted) were just disagreeing and expressing our own opinions.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

    "I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.