+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 LastLast

Thread: The (Maxim) Girls of Parridizzle

Thanks!! I will keep my eyes open

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Beck
    I was originally going to say.. if you locked us all up, gave us buckets of liquor, with nothing to do... I'm sure I would make out with at least 5 of you!! ? whatever it was for you where there were lots of beautiful people your age..with lot's of "the drink" .. don't tell me that your lips did not fall on a few faces!
    I wont comment on anything having to do with who may or may not have acted promiscously on this show. I think we have exhausted that friendly debate and then some.

But I did want to say - on a strictly personal level and not trying to sound judgemental - that I think that the old "I was drunk at the time" its the BIGGEST BS excuse ever created. It is a TOTAL BS answer and/or excuse and should never be uttered by anyone regarless of age. Sorry that is how I feel. Too many lives have been affected in too many tragic ways for that excuse to ever be considered valid. Unless someone held you down and poured the liquor down your throat, you and you alone are responsible for your actions after you became innebriated.

I'm not speaking to you directly Beck or trashing your post at all. So please dont think that.

Its just that it touched on an area that, because of personal experience (death of a family member), that is very delicate area with me. Nuff said.

Quote Originally Posted by Daddio
    that I think that the old "I was drunk at the time" its the BIGGEST BS excuse ever created. It is a TOTAL BS answer and/or excuse and should never be uttered by anyone regarless of age. Sorry that is how I feel. Too many lives have been affected in too many tragic ways for that excuse to ever be considered valid. Unless someone held you down and poured the liquor down your throat, you and you alone are responsible for your actions after you became innebriated.
    I thnk what Beck was trying to get at is that we all have made decisions after having a few adult libations that we wouldn't normally have made in a sober state. I know there have been a couple of evenings in my past when some shots have made somebody more attractive than they actually were. Trying to explain to them later that it was an alcohol induced decision is not an easy task, but I can honestly say I've been there too.

I personally don't think what Tara did was any different than the kissing game they all played when they were there. All she did was make out with people as far as we know and she had fun doing it. I can't say I would not have done the same thing. The whole idea of the show was exactly what she did. From the interview I heard w/ some castmembers there were not any real activities planned for them to do so they had a lot of downtime. She just decided to enjoy hers. Some people just got bitter because either no one wanted to hook-up with them (Toni) or they were voted out. IMO she's not a ho just a hot 22 year old single who has fun.

All I was trying to say is that Tara is not a slut because she kissed a couple of boys. In my book, she did not "fool around". Kissing is harmless fun.

Alcohol is not an excuse for ones actions - and used correctly can be quite enjoyable. I think we have all had a bit of the bad stuff, and did something that we wouldn't have done without it. I have! And I don't blame it, I thank it!
    I would have never kissed my co-worker in a hot tub at a company party if I hadn't had a few.. 2 years later, we are still together, and very happy.

Daddio ~
    Alcohol has caused many heartaches, and sadness. Sad to say, I think we all have a situation that it has affected ourselves or someone we love in a tragic way. I appologize if you felt I was using it as an excuse, I wasn't.

FORT Newbie
    Tara kissing several guys during a 3 month period is not big deal. Her straddling them and licking them is a little different, though. To me, that's a little more personal. I don't know why, since swapping spit is pretty darn personal, but just the idea of putting your genitals in close proximity to (or on top of) someone else's and licking their potentially dirty and sweaty body seems a tad bit more intimate. Plus, if she kissed AND grinded AND licked, and stopped there, then she's a tease. I personally think it's a bit cruel to jump on a guy, get him all worked up and then say "Bye Bye". If she wasn't going to do "the deed", she should have stopped at kissing.

P.S. It's just my opinion and I'm a woman

Quote Originally Posted by mightyisis6175
    Plus, if she kissed AND grinded AND licked, and stopped there, then she's a tease. I personally think it's a bit cruel to jump on a guy, get him all worked up and then say "Bye Bye". If she wasn't going to do "the deed", she should have stopped at kissing.
    [/i]

Actually, Alex said buh-bye to HER after their makeout session.
    I'll do graffiti if you sing to me in French

Quote Originally Posted by totoro
    Actually, Alex said buh-bye to HER after their makeout session.
    Yeah, he must have realized mid-way through this was "prime-time" television.

Everyone keeps trying to make this out to be some evil plot of Tara's when it was nothing more than clean all-American debauchery...bwa-ha, ha! Also, people seem to forget that Holly who was 'oh so attached' to Scott was involved in this. It took Scott to go in and take her away from the fun. Kristin was quite the ho while she was there and bragged about her conquests, but nobody brings that up anymore either. How about Amanda? She was on quite a few jocks too, as Toni so evilly mentioned. The only reason Tara was separated from the rest is because she made the finals, got the man and the $$. I say, you go girl!
    Oh yeah, Totoro, thanks for staying aboard to keep those of us unwilling to let it go a place to talk and vent.

I can't tear myself awaaaaay!
    I'll do graffiti if you sing to me in French

I also think Tara is getting more of the "ho" wrath because she was the hottest girl there. Charla hit on more guys, but kept getting rejected and pouted a lot, which engendered a certain amount of sympathy for her helplessness/damsel in distress persona...Tara did what she wanted and didn't seem to feel any guilt about it. Beautiful women who do that seem to make the men who aren't on the receiving end very unhappy! lol The double standard is so over-the-top, i wonder why guys who are otherwise sensitive, intelligent people, don't question this bias of theirs? It seems to be a judgement based on insecurity. Not that i'm claiming to be above making judgements based on insecurity. I do it all the time, and i'm sure women have blinders on about female/male issues too. It's just curious to me.

BTW, Beck, that's a great new AV.

And yeah, Daddio, this blaming inexcusable behavior on being drunk is absurd. Unless, as you said, someone poured the liquor down their throats against their will, people are responsible for how much they drink and consequently responsible for anything they do after they've imbibed (sp?). I'm sorry about your loss.

And happy that so many of us are still doing this, crazy as it is.

+ Reply to Thread