+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Who will Keith vote off????

FORT Newbie
    Keith will kick off Scott and Holly for the following reasons:

1. Strategically, Keith has always known that Scott is one of the strongest players. When Charla and Tara wanted to kick off Alex, Keith said that the smart move was to eliminate Scott. He said you have to take out the top dog. Keith might have no idea that a jury vote will happen, but he has to view that as a possibility. His best strategy would be to keep a couple that is arguably even less popular than he and Tara. Keith has never been anything but strategic.

2. Keith is still resentful about how he was treated by the originals. During his excursion with Holly, she said she felt bad about standing by while DKCT were attacked, and Keith responded in essence, "Like Hell you were upset."

3. Keith and Tara are extremely loyal to Charla. They would never kick off Dave if there was any chance that Charla would also go.

4. Despite Dave's recent behavior, he has had the power over and over again in this game. And Dave has done the foursome's dirty work, sending home Beau (twice), Tom, Kristin, etc. Keith will remember the fact that Dave never sent him packing when he had the power.

5. Dave said in his Boston Herald interview that he keeps in touch with all contestants apart from one person. That person is obviously Toni. If Keith and Tara backstabbed him, there is no way that he would so quickly forgive their betrayal.

6. Keith left himself an out. When he spoke to Scott, he said if Scott gave him the power, he might still have to vote out Scott and Holly. Therefore, if he decides to save Dave and Charla, he hasn't lied to anyone.

Of course, the above analysis could fall to pieces if Keith has a sudden embolism and loses all capacity for rational thought. In other words, if he turned into Dave.

Hug me!
    I think Keith will definately pick to get rid of Scott and Holly.

Dave might be shaky.. but Keith isn't. For him to turn his back now on Dave, it is just un-called for.

You know... I am kinda surprised the bond between Keith and Dave isn't that strong... I am especially shocked that Keith still pushs the issue of Dave coming clean after Amanda announced that all six would vote for the person who get to vote off one couple . I mean at that point.. DCKT is a shoe in for the final two couples. I didn't understand that.
    "Charla is intelligent and beautiful and I just felt really stupid for picking ... for, you know... liking someone that wasn't available really.. certainly not to me." Quote from Dave (Paradise Hotel).

She'll be there when I'm gone... won't she?
    Quote Originally Posted by ruben_of_205
    I think Keith will definately pick to get rid of Scott and Holly.

Dave might be shaky.. but Keith isn't. For him to turn his back now on Dave, it is just un-called for.

You know... I am kinda surprised the bond between Keith and Dave isn't that strong... I am especially shocked that Keith still pushs the issue of Dave coming clean after Amanda announced that all six would vote for the person who get to vote off one couple . I mean at that point.. DCKT is a shoe in for the final two couples. I didn't understand that.
    Yep, all Dave had to do was enjoy the excursions, keep quiet, and then vote for Keith when the time came. He made a mess of things when he tried to politic with everyone. But then, this is Dave we're talking about, so that shouldn't come as a surprise.
    R.I.P Willie Dog (?/?/1989-12/17/2004). Gone but never forgotten.

Welcome Zelda (and a hot of other names)! (Born 08/08/2005, adopted 10/08/2005)

Also welcome Shasta! (Born ?/?/2004, Adopted 03/??/07)

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by Yellow Apple
    Yep, all Dave had to do was enjoy the excursions, keep quiet, and then vote for Keith when the time came. He made a mess of things when he tried to politic with everyone. But then, this is Dave we're talking about, so that shouldn't come as a surprise.

a key point you are ignoring is at the time of the excursions no one knew how the power would be assigned.
    "the hurrier i go the behinder i get" - a wise third grade shop teacher

Quote Originally Posted by m0ckeryj0nes
    a key point you are ignoring is at the time of the excursions no one knew how the power would be assigned.
    M0ck, it doesn't matter. Everyone else was able to keep the conversations about alliances to a minimum. The person that had any reason to scramble was Scott because his only ally is the brainless Holly who just wants to "ride" into the sunset with Scott. I don't think she even gets that this is a game.

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by funnygirl422
    M0ck, it doesn't matter. Everyone else was able to keep the conversations about alliances to a minimum. The person that had any reason to scramble was Scott because his only ally is the brainless Holly who just wants to "ride" into the sunset with Scott. I don't think she even gets that this is a game.

you are right, it didn't matter at the time, unless of course the power was assigned in an arbitrary fashion to either scott or holly. in which case dave was attempting to cover his bases. i don't think it was the best possible move dave could have made, but it is not at all out of character in the way he has played this game since the beginning. i just think it completely unfair for people to suddenly lose respect for dave for doing exactly what he has done since the beginning.

you are right, it didn't matter at the time, unless of course the power was assigned in an arbitrary fashion to either scott or holly. in which case dave was attempting to cover his bases. i don't think it was the best possible move dave could have made, but it is not at all out of character in the way he has played this game since the beginning. i just think it completely unfair for people to suddenly lose respect for dave for doing exactly what he has done since the beginning.
    The man acted like a complete jackass (whether in or out of character for him is speculative); got busted in a bold-face lie to people he calls his friends; then to wrap it all up with a nice bow tries to take credit for all of them being at this point in the game. He was acting like a tool! He's too worried about what's going to happen after the game. I don't think he realizes that for most of these people and Dave, there is no "after the game". They'll e-mail occassionally, but mostly just blow him off.

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by funnygirl422
    The man acted like a complete jackass (whether in or out of character for him is speculative); got busted in a bold-face lie to people he calls his friends; then to wrap it all up with a nice bow tries to take credit for all of them being at this point in the game. He was acting like a tool! He's too worried about what's going to happen after the game. I don't think he realizes that for most of these people and Dave, there is no "after the game". They'll e-mail occassionally, but mostly just blow him off.
    i guess i must have missed the bold faced lie. all i saw was an empty statement that both he and the person he told it to knew he did not yet have the power to carry out.

i guess i must have missed the bold faced lie. all i saw was an empty statement that both he and the person he told it to knew he did not yet have the power to carry out.
    The man told his biggest ally on the show that he would have his back until the end and not 12 hours later tells Holly that she doesn't have anything to worry about because she and Scott are safe. What he didn't count on was that Keith was already on to the fact that Dave was playing both sides against the middle and Scott was pretty leary of his behavior too since he's had all summer to get to know Dave. He lied to both of them. He tried to continue the lie when confronted by all of them in he and Charla's room and when he realized he couldn't keep up the charade had a melt-down and went off on all of them.

Hug me!
    .. I think the reason why some people are pissed at Dave now because Dave is now targeting the precious Keith and Tara. But what do you expect ? it is down to final three couples..It is either K/T goes or D/C goes. Even Keith said so.. if it is down to 2 between Keith and Dave.. he would vote off Dave just like that. Can you blame Dave for saving himself and Charla from elimination ?
    Last edited by RubenFan#205; 09-25-2003 at 03:33 PM.
    "Charla is intelligent and beautiful and I just felt really stupid for picking ... for, you know... liking someone that wasn't available really.. certainly not to me." Quote from Dave (Paradise Hotel).

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast