+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Amy's Influence on other HG...

Amy's Influence on other HG...

why do you all think people like Desiree, Holly, Toni were so influenced by Amy, were they scared of her or something

one thing i've noticed that they got from her, was the love of screaming at people instead of having a normal conversation

well specifically talking about the puppets Desiree and Holly, Toni's behavior was mainly steroid induced rage

what was it about Amy?

Quote Originally Posted by pyssdogg
    why do you all think people like Desiree, Holly, Toni were so influenced by Amy, were they scared of her or something

one thing i've noticed that they got from her, was the love of screaming at people instead of having a normal conversation

well specifically talking about the puppets Desiree and Holly, Toni's behavior was mainly steroid induced rage

what was it about Amy?
    It wasn't Amy. It was the underdog theory at work. Remember how the new folks were more compelled to side with Charla early on when she was the outcast, well once Amy lost Scott and went on an 'oh me poor me" rampage the others started feeling sorry for her.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by pyssdogg
    why do you all think people like Desiree, Holly, Toni were so influenced by Amy, were they scared of her or something what was it about Amy?
    Its all about the lead/follow nature of society.

Whenever a group of people assemble and spend time together in a sociatal environment, there are always going to be people (usually narcisistic / egotistical people) who step up, whiz on the nearest tree and claim top dog status. In this case, the whizzer was Zack. After he was booted off - his Queen Amy took the throne (you'll recall Amy actually wasnt too bad of a person in early part of the series - everyone (on boths side of the coin labelled her "the fun one". She didnt morph into a demon until Zack dethroning). Then the others follow their lead and carve out their own roles in the chain of command - IE: Toni became the bodygaurd, sargeant at Arms, Beau, the Court Jester, Scott, the First General. Desiree, Kristin, Holly, ladies of the court.

You have seen it on every first episode of "Survivor", there is always the blow-hard guy that starts bossing people around and basically saying "this is how things are going to be done".

Sometimes the others follow, sometimes they dont and their is a division within the group. IE: Charla abdecating early on and living a solitary life in Exile until she could form a unit of her own.

You see it all over, schools, offices, office softball teams, picnics, camp trips.

Just like the song by Rush - Subdivisions, in the basement bars, in the backs of cars, conform or be cast out - Subdivisions, in the highschool halls, in the shopping malls be "cool" or be cast out.

I really don't know why people felt the need to protect Amy so much.
    Perhaps she is a lot more "fragile" than she seems to the viewers.

Amy and Zack were really the power couple before Keith arrived so they did attract hangers on.

I rather liked her early on. I thought she seemed like a really natural, down-to-earth girl.
    If she considers you her friend she will be fiercely loyal, but if she doesn't like you for whatever reason she is clearly capable of treating you like dirt.
    "That's Numberwang!"

FORT Fogey
    I read somewhere that Amy's brother died at a fairly young age or something like that, that's why they keep refering to her having a hard life and feel the need to defend her.
    Last edited by CharlaFan; 09-24-2003 at 01:58 PM.

Well, if that is true then that's obviously a sad thing to have happened.

Many people have hard lives and choose not to lash out in the way she has though.

I think she seems so confident in some ways, yet so insecure in others e.g. in sleeping with Zack after he insulted her in front of everyone.

I do hold out some hope for her after the way she left the hotel though.
    She could have just hugged Holly and Scott and turned on her heels, snubbing everyone else.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Perhaps she is actually a nice person...bet that that never crossed u guys' mind. I mean, only four people really disliked Amy out of the 20 (give or take) from the show. Which is a lot less than DCKT can say!
    PARADISE HOTEL...the most addicting, pointless, unfair, nerve-racking, obessesive, and all-round BEST reality show ever!
    **Fan of the Originals**

Quote Originally Posted by XMAfan
    Perhaps she is actually a nice person...bet that that never crossed u guys' mind. I mean, only four people really disliked Amy out of the 20 (give or take) from the show. Which is a lot less than DCKT can say!

I am totally with XMAfan on this one. And I really think that even though Amy wasn't the DCKT's favourite person....I think they probably had some fun times on the show. Amy even stated that on her interview. She even said they didn't show her having normal conversations with Keith. So I mean they couldn't honestly hate each other....just dislike them in certain ways. Also too Amy did walk out in class like everyone is saying. he hugged everyone before she headed out. So whatever everyone is bad mouthing everyone from the show. And it's immature if you ask me. You can't just judge someone from the way they are on tv. They are only showing the bad side of people...which gets a rise out of people to dislike them.

Hug me!
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazy4Paradise
    I am totally with XMAfan on this one. And I really think that even though Amy wasn't the DCKT's favourite person....I think they probably had some fun times on the show. Amy even stated that on her interview. She even said they didn't show her having normal conversations with Keith. So I mean they couldn't honestly hate each other....just dislike them in certain ways. Also too Amy did walk out in class like everyone is saying. he hugged everyone before she headed out. So whatever everyone is bad mouthing everyone from the show. And it's immature if you ask me. You can't just judge someone from the way they are on tv. They are only showing the bad side of people...which gets a rise out of people to dislike them.
    Trust me.. Amy is a good kid!!!.. As for Zack ? I think the editing makes him look too good already.
    "Charla is intelligent and beautiful and I just felt really stupid for picking ... for, you know... liking someone that wasn't available really.. certainly not to me." Quote from Dave (Paradise Hotel).

I think that if any good times happened between Amy and DCKT, it was left on the cutting room floor. They wanted to paint her as a villian until it was clear that she was leaving. Then they allowed her a few scenes where she appeared almost human.

HOWEVER, the editors did not make up the scenes where Amy was up in KDCT's faces screaming at them. She actually did that. It was not editing, it was all her. I dont know about anyone else on here, but I have never in my adult life, screamed at another person over anything, much less a GAME SHOW. She has a serious anger problem (or is it Drama Queen problem?)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast