+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Amy's Influence on other HG...

Wow for once someone agrees with me and doesn't answer my posts with original bashing comments! Thanks! lol!
    PARADISE HOTEL...the most addicting, pointless, unfair, nerve-racking, obessesive, and all-round BEST reality show ever!
    **Fan of the Originals**

xixi
    As someone who does know Amy fairly well, she can be a very nice, fun person to be around. However, it is in a "were cool, they are not" sort of way. Amy doesn't really make friends, she forms cliques. On a one on one basis when it comes to Amy doing supporting or caring about you, she can get kind of sketchy, while in groups she will talk a big game about how she loves her "friends" and on and on. She is also manipulative in that she will disclose very personal information to people who she has just met, which will make some people feel sorry for her and protective. Holly and Desiree, being on only this side of a relationship with Amy, not all that bright in the first place and in with the in-crowd, went for this pretty quickly. I know MANY girls similar to Holly, Desiree, Kristen and Toni from high school and jr. high that would be very quick to say how great friends they were with Amy, without being able to tell you of a time that Amy was there for them in any way. She has issues, just like anyone else, but her life hasn't been especially difficult or any more challenging than the next person's.

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer401
    HOWEVER, the editors did not make up the scenes where Amy was up in KDCT's faces screaming at them. She actually did that. It was not editing, it was all her. I dont know about anyone else on here, but I have never in my adult life, screamed at another person over anything, much less a GAME SHOW. She has a serious anger problem (or is it Drama Queen problem?)
    I agree here though. The editors didn't manipulate in any way when Amy was arguing with people, like her big blow up at Keith. That was her. But Anyone can get that angry if someone really pisses them off. It just depends on what buttons they push. Thats all.

I bet too they show things that have happend out of sequence....like we see all the different people...and obviously it all didn't happen in that order. The show edited and made it that way.

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazy4Paradise
    But Anyone can get that angry if someone really pisses them off. It just depends on what buttons they push. Thats all.
    True, but most people, at least most adults, choose to handle it differently than Amy did. She, like many of her ilk on the show, seemed to think it was their God-given right to be and remain on the show because they were all "friends" and everyone else (that they mocked behind their backs) were nothing more than disposable. Then when Keith had the unmitigated gall (gasp!) to boot Zack, that was the ultimate catastrophe. Never mind the ENTIRE REASON they were there was to play the game and win the prize.

I can see not being happy your boyfriend was booted, but come on. That reaction (and the reaction of Toni et al) was nothing more than arrogant, selfish, and juvenile. And it made her look very bad. It has nothing to do with editing. If you don't want to look bad, don't provide the material that will make you look bad. How hard is that? Amy has a lot of growing up to do, IMO.

Finally Amy seems to think if you're loud and rude to someone to their face that that's just honest and somehow makes you superior. I think it just makes you rude and loud. Not to mention that she talked plenty about people that weren't in her clique behind their backs.

She may be a fine person, but she did a disservice to herself in the show with her abysmal behavior.

Atop the highhhhhest weathervane in Spain!
    I agree with Fluff. Amy may or may not be a good person, but she showed a great deal of immaturity sleeping with Zack after he out and out told her how disappointed he was to be rooming with her. Anyone who can so easily give themselves away like that has a tremendous amount of growing up to do and it speaks volumes about how they make their choices and how they interact with the people around them. I can't value her based on that. She's given no value to herself.

FORT Newbie

wow

I totally agree everything u said is how it was and u couldn't of said it any better. Amy is rude very rude and she has a lot of grwing up to do. :

Quote Originally Posted by MajiH
    I agree with Fluff. Amy may or may not be a good person, but she showed a great deal of immaturity sleeping with Zack after he out and out told her how disappointed he was to be rooming with her. Anyone who can so easily give themselves away like that has a tremendous amount of growing up to do and it speaks volumes about how they make their choices and how they interact with the people around them. I can't value her based on that. She's given no value to herself.
    Well said MajiH. It's been said in here many times before they can only show what they give the editors to show. They had massive amounts of film to use on the OGs. The editors did not put them in a bad light, they put themselves there and were to conceited to realize they would get caught up in their own stupidity.

Quote Originally Posted by funnygirl422
    Well said MajiH. It's been said in here many times before they can only show what they give the editors to show. They had massive amounts of film to use on the OGs. The editors did not put them in a bad light, they put themselves there and were to conceited to realize they would get caught up in their own stupidity.
    I agree. I also agree with the original poster that said that Amy was a bad influence on the other guests. Well, to be fair, it all started with Toni. The more mellow guests saw how much camera time the volatile guests were getting, so they decided to start screaming at people too.

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer401
    I agree. I also agree with the original poster that said that Amy was a bad influence on the other guests. Well, to be fair, it all started with Toni. The more mellow guests saw how much camera time the volatile guests were getting, so they decided to start screaming at people too.
    Or they were coached by the reality-ho herself as to how to behave to get more air time and maybe another gig on the show. It's weird how it was almost cult-like. We thought once Toni was gone all of the sneak attacks were done, but somebody always took over.

Quote Originally Posted by funnygirl422
    Or they were coached by the reality-ho herself as to how to behave to get more air time and maybe another gig on the show. It's weird how it was almost cult-like. We thought once Toni was gone all of the sneak attacks were done, but somebody always took over.

I know, its like when one crazy would go, they would tag someone else 'it' on their way out the door. Then, when they all came back, it was total mob mentality.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast