+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: amy and scott radio interviews inside!

Quote Originally Posted by Maveno
    Oh, and Curtis...I can see why you'd defend Acmy.

and why am i defending amy?
    "I'll See You In A Toys 'R' Us With About 50 Barbie Dolls"

Father Time lol
    The complete BJ & Shannon interview with Dave -- Transcript

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

BJ: And we're back it's 7:57 with our special guest on the phone but before we hear from him live, let's hear from him last night.

[Clip from Wednesday's episode when Dave was rehearsing his "Happy Birthday song to Tara" as Charla listened.]

BJ: Good morning, Dave!

Dave: Good morning!

BJ: How are you?!

Dave: Or should I say, [sings]"Oh Canada!"

BJ: That's exactly it! [Shannon shouting "Yeah!" in the background] You nailed it! You got it, absolutely!

Dave: How are you guys?

BJ: Terrific. Do you know the Mexican national anthem too?

Dave: Well, no I haven't learned that one yet.

Shannon: You're working on it though, aren't you?

Dave: I'm working on it for the International Publicity Tour.

BJ: Where were you last night when the show was on? What were you doing? Who were you watching with?

Dave: I had a viewing-party in Boston, where I'm currently living, down at The Rack which is a great big club. We had a couple hundred people watching the show together. [BJ says "Wow!"] It was good, I had a tough episode last night but...

BJ: Yes you did, yes you did.

Dave: The first hour or so was really good.

BJ: Yeah you were fine and in everybody's good-books for the first hour and then it all went awry.

Dave: I've been fine and in everyone's good-books for a couple months now and I hope I don't lose all my fans just from last night. It was a tough night. I played the game too hard and I got caught and I was outsmarted by Keith last night. No doubt about it.

BJ: Let's hear it.

[Clip plays of Wednesday night when Dave and Keith were arguing about Dave telling Scott that he would save him instead of Keith.]

BJ: You still can't wait to reply, can you? I mean, you were bursting at the seams. That was a great scene.

Dave: Yeah, I mean the thing is, it's so funny, it's so easy to pull me back into it right there. The thing is, I didn't think I jeopardized his position with me. I mean, I would never have sent him home but it was down to 6 and I chose to do everything in my power to make sure if Scott & Holly had the power, they would send Keith & Tara home. Keith & Tara would have done the same and Keith just outsmarted me in terms of bringing to light what I had said to Scott & Holly. Umm.. And making it look like that he felt cheated and betrayed and all those things. The truth is Keith knew at the time that I would never send him home. The alliance was just as strong, it was just that you know, it was down to the final 6. I felt that I had to do that. I mean, was it a mistake strategically? Of course.

Shannon: Would you say that you regret that a little bit?

Dave: Yeah I do because not only did I hurt Holly's feelings and Scott's feelings, as my friends. I didn't play as smartly as I had played previously. I think I let down my fans and some viewers in terms of the integrity issue. You're playing a game, everyone knew it or at least Keith and I knew it. We both played very hard but there were certainly times in which people said things that they didn't mean in order to advance in the game. Obviously, last night I should not have told Holly that she was safe. I shouldn't have said that, there's no doubt in my mind. I had a buncha drinks and I was being strategic but I still shouldn't have said it.

BJ: What about when you denied it though, in front of them, and you said you never said that?

Dave: Yeah I had lost it at that point! I can blame editing, I could blame a lot of things. But the truth is I had been there for 3 months, I was completely isolated from my friends and family. I had lost it! I didn't know up from down at that point. I had lost it, so...

Shannon: Do you think that was the beginning of the end for you?

Dave: Well you're going to find out on Wednesday! [Shannon replies, "NOOO!"] Yup, October 1st - on my birthday!

BJ: That's your birthday? The finale's on your birthday.

Dave: The finale is on my birthday. So I guess all of America - or should I say North America, all of Canada - will find out just how happy my birthday will be.

Shannon: Are you having a big party to watch that as well?

Dave: I am, I'm having one in New York City. That should be a lot of fun.

BJ: How are you dealing with being a celebrity, are you enjoying it?

Dave: Yeah, it's pretty neat. My 15 minutes start ticking on October 2nd and most reality show stars fizzle-out really quickly. I'd like to think I have a little more substance than most people that have been on reality television. But with that being said, I don't really want to... I can party it up for the next few months and hook up with girls because they know me from TV but I'd like to extend this career just a bit. I'm writing a book and to the extent that I can make something real out of this, I'd like to.

BJ: What are you writing a book about?

Dave: I'm writing a book about human behaviour.

Shannon: Oh, this is the biggest experiment in human behaviour EVER!

Dave: Yeah it really is, it's a massive social-psych experiment. It was so fascinating.

BJ: Do you have a background in that, prior to the show and all?

Dave: I studied psych undergrad, I don't have a PhD but I can do a PhD on this.

BJ: No kidding, you can get a masters from this experience. Quick two part question; how were you doing with the ladies before the show? How are you doing with the ladies now?

Dave: I'll answer it 3-fold. Before the 70-pound weightloss, definitely not doing so well with the ladies.

BJ: You experienced a 70 pound weightloss?

Dave: Yeah, 69 actually. I stopped right there, I thought that was a cute number to stop at. Before I lost the weight I wasn't getting any, not even a chance. I lost the weight a year before going on the show and things were starting to look up. Just as things were starting to look up, I show up in Paradise Hotel and it's very well documented how little I got.

BJ: Yes, very sad actually! That scene last night was very, very sad.

Dave: Holy cow, it makes it look like I was hung up on Charla and I guess I was still hung up on Charla for a while there.

BJ: You couldn't say it, but we know what you wanted to say, you wanted to say "Why won't you just have sex with me?!"

Dave: (Laughing) Well, there were a lot of sleepless nights in that room with Charla on the other side of the room. But I didn't get any in Paradise and I knew within a few weeks that I wasn't going to get any at that place. There really wasn't that much hooking-up going on anyway, besides Zack & Amy. But to answer the final part of your question, I've gotten home and let's just say it's been a really cool welcome home.

BJ: You're like a rockstar now man, that's awesome!

Dave: I wouldn't say rockstar but as hard as it is to relive on TV how vulnerable I was with Charla, in terms of reliving the hurt - it's pretty cool that women have really responded to it.

Shannon: You're like a big old puppy, everyone's like AWWW!

Dave: I think people, women especially, have responded to my sincerity and my vulnerability. So that's good.

BJ: I'm sorry, your BONER-ability?

Shannon: So are you over your Charla crush now? What's your status?

Dave: I am. The thing is, usually in the real world when you have a crush on someone you express yourself, you ask that someone out. If it works out, great, if it doesn't, you move on. But we weren't in the real world, I was in a hotel with 11 people, in complete isolation from all my friends and family and the rest of the world. And I had to rely on Charla as my friend and partner in the game and sleep in the same room to the extent that I could move on while at the hotel, it was pretty darn tough. I mean, I had to sleep in the same room with a girl I had a crush on for 3 months. With that said, we became friends and when all was said and done I was able to put my feelings aside and move on. I haven't had a problem in the real world.

BJ: I get the feeling there's a line-up to move on to.

Dave: Yeah it's hard to relive because I definitely fell for her. It's pretty pathetic at times watching myself. There's some things you don't get to see until get home and you watch it on TV. Like the feet comment, there were things here and there. They hurt, but it was a TV show and a game and now that I'm in the real world surrounded by my intellectual peers and people that can understand me better like my friends.

Shannon: Let's make that clarification, "my intellectual peers."

Dave: I don't want to come across this. There were very smart people - Charla, Keith - a lot of the people were very smart.

Shannon: When was the last time you talked to her? Are you still in contact with her?

Dave: I am! I'm still in contact with a lot of people there. I can't say who I'm still in contact with and who I'm not. You could guess at certain people who I may not be best friends with.

Shannon: Anyone that we should be surprised with?

Dave: I talked to Beau a bunch of times. The show makes it look like we're not friends. I think we were able to... I did play the game but I think I was the only person there that really tried hard both to play the game and to try to build some really authentic relationships. That was really hard to do and it backfired with a lot of people. How can you play the game and try to get to know people and care about them? A lot of people might wonder that but I really tried to separate it and with people like Beau. I became Beau's friend, I liked him, yet I voted him out twice. But it's a game, you have to send someone home each time. So...

Shannon: So, the big hate-on for Amy out there. I'm sure you've been on the message boards and seen it.

Dave: Yeah.

Shannon: Can you give us an honest and candid answer about what she's like and what people saw on the show?

Dave: I think the show magnifies people's personalities a lot. I think it takes certain characteristics and blows them out of proportion. I think they did that with me, with my good characteristics - my sensitivity, my sincerity - and also with some of my bad characteristics - my competitiveness, my jealousy, etc. With Amy, she's got an aggressive side in her, no doubt about it.

BJ: She called herself a pitbull didn't she?

Dave: Yup she admitted that about herself. I'm sure she has an aggressive-streak to her and I think the show really magnified that at times, a lot. But it's really funny - I'm going to get beat up by my fans for saying this - people still don't believe me, even the Barbies, my friends from the show and my friends in real life that hate Amy. I tell them and I'll tell you that as much as she has an aggressive side, an angry side, she's a vulnerable girl just like everyone else. She's been hurt a lot, she's a sweet girl. Me calling Amy a sweet girl? Yeah, no one's going to believe it but the truth is, is that's how I really saw her. I see all human beings as people with issues that they have to work out and once they work them out they become better people.

Shannon: I think it's important to her you say that, Dave. I really do. Now, having said that, you were "golden boy" for the longest time. Since last night's episode, the tides are turning, buddy.

Dave: Yes, the whole world hates me now.

Shannon: No, no, not the whole world. People are actually fighting about whether they should remain on your side or whether they should turn their back on you. You've just caused mayhem!

Dave: Yeah, well it's me and producers. I think this is the best thing the show could have with the week leading up to the finale. In terms of debate and controversy. All I would say to people who root for me and have stuck by me is, I'm still the same person. I played the game very hard and at times I may have made strategical errors and I may have done things that are not in-line with my integrity. To the extent that, I should not have said some things to Holly in the episode that ran last night, I feel really bad about it. I did call her and apologize, I'm on good terms with her. It was a game and at times people took things very personally but when it got down to the final 6, in my head, I had to position myself and Charla as well as possible. I knew Keith & Tara wouldn't send us home, I just wanted to make sure that if Scott & Holly got the power, that they'd have the utmost faith in us and would not want to send us home. Obviously that backfired, it backfired in a major way and Keith outsmarted me last night. But don't think for a minute that he wasn't playing the game too. Keith and I are the ones that played the most.

Shannon: I understand that there's a twist at the end of the show that's even a shocker to you.

Dave: There really is. I spent the entire summer not so much in the pool with the rest of the people but on the tennis courts and I talked to people, I tried to build relationships with everyone there. I was able to predict a lot of the things that happened, in terms of twist and how people would react and who people would choose and all of those twists along the way. But in no way whatsoever was I able to predict the twist that will happen at the end of the finale. I mean, it was a shocker! It's going to blow people away!

BJ: Awesome; you can't tell us what the ultimate grand prize is but was it worth it?

Dave: Was the prize worth it to the winners???

BJ: That's what I mean.

Dave: Right, good try there! I would say that, when you talk to the winners after the show, they'd say that it was worth it.

Shannon: Any quick tips on anger management because you seem to be so good at it. You just kept your cool throughout the whole show, outside of last night.

Dave: Well, I should give you a shameless plug and say buy my book when it's coming out and visit my website DaveKerpen.com or DaveBoston.com. Why would I do that? A lot of people say I took too much abuse...

BJ: At what point did you want to hit someone the most?

Dave: Yeah, a lot of people thought I was a real door-mat and I didn't stand up for himself at times. But the truth is, the way I deal with people when I have conflict, I let it roll off my back. I got attacked a lot over the summer.

BJ: You must've wanted to take a swing with the ear comments.

Dave: When it got physical, that was one of the things... The Andon thing was worse if you saw it in real life.

BJ: When he was calling you...

Dave: Yeah, it was tough and physically threatening. I don't think that came across too well on TV. Those are the two situations and obviously there were some times with Toni, as well. But if I swing at someone, that's just not me and that doesn't represent me well and it doesn't represent a positive-constructive response to people's behaviour well. So...

BJ: Plus most of those guys were pretty buff.

Dave: Oh, yeah they were huge, they would have beat the crap outta me, are you kidding..?

BJ: OK let's leave with a follow-up question from our conversation with Amy a couple of days ago. We wanted to know, based on what a lot of people have been asking on the chat boards: Does Toni have a penis?

Dave: You guys are just too cruel.

Shannon: No, no, that's what it says on the message boards!

Dave: You just answer on the message boards, I'm not one to make remarks like that on-or-off the message boards.

Shannon: Amy took the 5th, she couldn't confirm nor deny.

Dave: Well I will not take the 5th and I will tell you that Toni does not have a penis. Come on, now.

Shannon: We thought it might be yours.

Dave: I don't know what the heck that means, but...

BJ: Dave, thanks man!

Shannon: Thanks, David!

Dave: Thank you guys! It was a pleasure talking with you and I don't know how many Canadians are going to hear this but they've been awesome, awesome fans for the support and supporting me and I appreciate it so much. I haven't had a chance to respond to a lot of the e-mail I've gotten but I appreciate it so, so much. All I can say is thanks and to those who have been rooting for me, keep hanging in there with me!

BJ: You know the results already but we'll wish you good luck next week anyway.

Shannon: Bless you, Dave!

Dave: Thank you so much you guys, it was great talk--

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'd say Dave is completely redeemed with me.
    Big Brother 10 - Dan, Memphis

She'll be there when I'm gone... won't she?
    I thought Dave carried himself well in that interview. Really, everyone except Amy has done alright.
    R.I.P Willie Dog (?/?/1989-12/17/2004). Gone but never forgotten.

Welcome Zelda (and a hot of other names)! (Born 08/08/2005, adopted 10/08/2005)

Also welcome Shasta! (Born ?/?/2004, Adopted 03/??/07)

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by Curtis
    well everyone gets mad here and there what they show is a portion of their stay. i am sure amy wasn't mad 24/7

and dude you don't need to post the interview. it is like why read that when you can listen to it huh?
    :stupid

Well for someone that can't hear the interveiw on their computer, I would like to thank the person for posting it.

FORT Newbie

interview

very interresting interview. I think dave let it slip that keith picks holly and scott to go home. I quote "the twist at the end was a shocker". How would dave know what the twist is if he wasn't there at the end.

Darwin, what a great observation! That is indeed something to think about

That was a great interview. Thanks for transcibing it Lazy!

Anyway, I can't imagine the Andon thing being any worse than it was portrayed. I thought it looked VERY threatening and I was fully expecting security to intervene. To me, it DEFINITELY looked like Andon was about to beat the crap out of Dave. To think it was even worse is horrifying.

Quote Originally Posted by darwin
    very interresting interview. I think dave let it slip that keith picks holly and scott to go home. I quote "the twist at the end was a shocker". How would dave know what the twist is if he wasn't there at the end.
    Because the show finished taping over a month ago and he's seen all of the footage...and the OGs get to come back in the end to play a small part.

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer401
    That was a great interview. Thanks for transcibing it Lazy!

Anyway, I can't imagine the Andon thing being any worse than it was portrayed. I thought it looked VERY threatening and I was fully expecting security to intervene. To me, it DEFINITELY looked like Andon was about to beat the crap out of Dave. To think it was even worse is horrifying.
    Okay, I haven't missed an episode since this wreck started. I may have missed a couple of seconds here and there following a commercial break, but I must have missed something here. I remember Andon giving Dave crap about the whole Charla using him issue, but that was it. Can you help me out please.

Quote Originally Posted by funnygirl422
    Okay, I haven't missed an episode since this wreck started. I may have missed a couple of seconds here and there following a commercial break, but I must have missed something here. I remember Andon giving Dave crap about the whole Charla using him issue, but that was it. Can you help me out please.
    It wasn't really what he said (which was so stupid, I immediately forgot it), it was his demeanor. He kept getting closer and closer to Dave, pointing his finger at Dave's face. Dave would start backing away and then Andon would get right in his face again. Someone (Zack or Alex?) came up behind Dave and it was like they had him boxed in. You'd have to read the recap, cause I dont remember the exchange anymore. All I know is I thought Dave was going to get his butt kicked.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast