+ Reply to Thread
Page 52 of 53 FirstFirst ... 2424344454647484950515253 LastLast
Results 511 to 520 of 527

Thread: 9/23 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

  1. #511
    FORT Regular onadime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    53
    I have one final thought on the whole Dave seeming to switch alliances thing. We know he's madly in love with Charla. We know that Keith and Charla were doing some pretty heavy flirting that day on the beach, and Dave was very upset by this. If I remember correctly, it was Scott who talked to Keith about the possible un-coolness of this...and Keith did not feel he was being inappropriate (i agree, actually). Well he did seem to back off (Charla), but i'm sure that day was always in the back of Dave's mind. Then, at Pandora's Box, someone (who? who?) asked Charla if she ever tried to seduce anyone and she said, "Yes, Scott. But he turned me down." Now, i have no clue as to why Scott turned Charla down (memories of Melanie's mammories...sorry, couldn't help it...or he just didn't like Charla...loyalty to Dave...who knows?), but Dave, hearing that answer, might have felt that Scott did it because he knew how Dave felt about Charla and was being loyal to him. It's just a theory, but perhaps he felt torn because Scott appeared to be more of a "friend", at least when it came to Charla. He did tell Keith that Scott "had his back" for some time, and Scott not having sex with Charla is the only evidence of "having his back" that i remember for quite some time. Sorry. This was a really long thought.

  2. #512
    RESIDENT JEDI MASTER Stargazer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    On a Rocky Mountain High
    Age
    39
    Posts
    11,928
    Quote Originally Posted by onadime
    I have one final thought on the whole Dave seeming to switch alliances thing. We know he's madly in love with Charla. We know that Keith and Charla were doing some pretty heavy flirting that day on the beach, and Dave was very upset by this. If I remember correctly, it was Scott who talked to Keith about the possible un-coolness of this...and Keith did not feel he was being inappropriate (i agree, actually). Well he did seem to back off (Charla), but i'm sure that day was always in the back of Dave's mind. Then, at Pandora's Box, someone (who? who?) asked Charla if she ever tried to seduce anyone and she said, "Yes, Scott. But he turned me down." Now, i have no clue as to why Scott turned Charla down (memories of Melanie's mammories...sorry, couldn't help it...or he just didn't like Charla...loyalty to Dave...who knows?), but Dave, hearing that answer, might have felt that Scott did it because he knew how Dave felt about Charla and was being loyal to him. It's just a theory, but perhaps he felt torn because Scott appeared to be more of a "friend", at least when it came to Charla. He did tell Keith that Scott "had his back" for some time, and Scott not having sex with Charla is the only evidence of "having his back" that i remember for quite some time. Sorry. This was a really long thought.

    I hadn't thought of that. Good theory.

  3. #513
    FORT Fanatic k1w1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Age
    92
    Posts
    581
    Quote Originally Posted by onadime
    I have one final thought on the whole Dave seeming to switch alliances thing. We know he's madly in love with Charla. We know that Keith and Charla were doing some pretty heavy flirting that day on the beach, and Dave was very upset by this. If I remember correctly, it was Scott who talked to Keith about the possible un-coolness of this...and Keith did not feel he was being inappropriate (i agree, actually). Well he did seem to back off (Charla), but i'm sure that day was always in the back of Dave's mind. Then, at Pandora's Box, someone (who? who?) asked Charla if she ever tried to seduce anyone and she said, "Yes, Scott. But he turned me down." Now, i have no clue as to why Scott turned Charla down (memories of Melanie's mammories...sorry, couldn't help it...or he just didn't like Charla...loyalty to Dave...who knows?), but Dave, hearing that answer, might have felt that Scott did it because he knew how Dave felt about Charla and was being loyal to him. It's just a theory, but perhaps he felt torn because Scott appeared to be more of a "friend", at least when it came to Charla. He did tell Keith that Scott "had his back" for some time, and Scott not having sex with Charla is the only evidence of "having his back" that i remember for quite some time. Sorry. This was a really long thought.
    Could be but I think Scott wasn't fond of Charla that much..... or else he would do the same thing to Charla as he did to Holly (at their initial meeting) ....and everyone knows this so Dave wouldn't be particuarly "jealous" of anything or at least wouldn't think twice about that. That's just my opinion.

  4. #514
    FORT Fanatic k1w1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Age
    92
    Posts
    581
    Quote Originally Posted by mightyisis6175
    I see this situation differently. I do think Dave lied to Beau and left him with the impression that he wouldn't vote him out next. First, Dave said he only voted Beau out because he was influenced by the other guests and would NEVER let that happen again. Then, he told Beau that he trusted him (which was a NEON-BLINKING-LIE in my opinion).

    If someone told me they trusted me and would never let anyone influence their vote again, I would take that to mean that I was pretty darn safe. Then, Dave turns around and votes Beau off because he didn't think Beau & Amy would have Charla's back. That shows that A. He did NOT trust Beau and B. He did let someone else (Charla) influence his vote. Dave's the ultimate BIG FAT LIAR if you ask me.
    I agree. See that's the thing, everyone tells me why I jumped off the Dave bandwagon is precisely that kind of deception that Dave creates that makes me shake my head.

    Tho the "Beau lie" situation is well deserved. I think Dave was trying to do similar things to Keith and Scott afterwards and obviously it backfired.

    Dave's just a lying creep.

  5. #515
    FORT Regular Team Barbie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    52
    I am not that mad at Dave at all! Actually I realize that he was just "playing the game" just trying to protect his butt. He made the wrong move, it was a dumb move, and he was called on it. Keith played wonderfully, and so the outcome is basically Dave's doing, but I really am not angry with him, I can actually understand what he did. That being said, I'm rooting for Keith and Tara to take the prize.

  6. #516
    Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Santa Cruz, CA
    Posts
    8,049
    I agree...I'm not mad at Dave at all. He's a good guy.

    But, with that said..I'm rooting for Keith and Charla. Also, I've never jumped ship, or bandwagon...I've pretty much always wanted those two to win.

    Sorry Tara, I like you too. I just hafta choose.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

  7. #517
    RESIDENT JEDI MASTER Stargazer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    On a Rocky Mountain High
    Age
    39
    Posts
    11,928
    I dont even know that it was a dumb move to approach Scott and Holly. Personally, I would have just cakewalked to the final and not worried about it (at that point, I'm relatively sure that if given the power Scott would have voted for Dave anyway). However, the dumb part wasn't what he did, it was getting caught doing it. A true diplomat knows how to say things in such a way that they can't be called out on it (Keith, honey, I'm looking at you ). You should convey your point with tone rather than words. Dave's attempt at that was subtle as a bull in a china shop.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

    "I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

  8. #518
    Premium Member sheela's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    spoiler-free zone
    Posts
    1,772
    Quote Originally Posted by Duxxy
    oh for sure he knew. he was trying to play both sides against the middle .. his problem is he never figured that it would all get back to Keith and Tara.. never underestimate the dumb chick with the huge rack.. sometimes her tiny brain actually makes a connection with more relevance than 'ohhhh i like the purple nail polish on my toes'
    Exactly.

    Duxxy, I love your av and title, btw.

  9. #519
    Premium Member sheela's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    spoiler-free zone
    Posts
    1,772
    Quote Originally Posted by onadime
    I have one final thought on the whole Dave seeming to switch alliances thing. We know he's madly in love with Charla. We know that Keith and Charla were doing some pretty heavy flirting that day on the beach, and Dave was very upset by this. If I remember correctly, it was Scott who talked to Keith about the possible un-coolness of this...and Keith did not feel he was being inappropriate (i agree, actually). Well he did seem to back off (Charla), but i'm sure that day was always in the back of Dave's mind. Then, at Pandora's Box, someone (who? who?) asked Charla if she ever tried to seduce anyone and she said, "Yes, Scott. But he turned me down." Now, i have no clue as to why Scott turned Charla down (memories of Melanie's mammories...sorry, couldn't help it...or he just didn't like Charla...loyalty to Dave...who knows?), but Dave, hearing that answer, might have felt that Scott did it because he knew how Dave felt about Charla and was being loyal to him. It's just a theory, but perhaps he felt torn because Scott appeared to be more of a "friend", at least when it came to Charla. He did tell Keith that Scott "had his back" for some time, and Scott not having sex with Charla is the only evidence of "having his back" that i remember for quite some time. Sorry. This was a really long thought.
    That's a very interesting and plausible theory. I believe you've answered the question of why Dave felt that Scott had his back.

  10. #520
    Premium Member sheela's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    spoiler-free zone
    Posts
    1,772
    I'm not sure Charla is as much of a bystander as she appears to be. I think it's at least possible that Dave and Charla are working as a team.

    After Pandora's Box, when Dave and Charla were alone, they seemed to be strategizing. I heard her mention twice that Tara/Keith were excluding them. She also defended Dave's actions to Keith on their excursion.

    I really didn't see Charla chastising Dave for his scheming. The only thing she was peeved about was that he hadn't told her about telling Holly that she was his #2. We did see them have a disagreement when she told him that he was acting like she did something wrong, but I think that was in reference to her attempt to seduce Scott.

    It's possible that Dave and Charla planned this together. Dave's job was to get on Holly/Scott's good side and lead them to believe that he would pick them. Charla's job was to retain Tara/Keith's loyalty. That way they would go to the finals regardless of who won the power.

    Maybe, just maybe, Charla is not a dumb bimbo along for the ride. She and Dave just might be scheming together.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.