+ Reply to Thread
Page 47 of 53 FirstFirst ... 3738394041424344454647484950515253 LastLast

Thread: 9/23 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by MeRoMo
    Not that I think what Dave did was "right" but before he actually said that to Holly didn't Keith pretty much jump on Scott trying to secure his and Tara's position in the event that Scott or Holly had the power?
    The major difference between Keith and Daves game play was how they went about it, imo.

Keith approached Scott about voting for him and Tara if Scott got the power. He never even insinuated that he would do the same for Scott. He basically said, "Listen, if you have to vote for one of us, vote for me and Tara. We've always been honest with you." He never mentioned anything about voting for Scott over Dave.

Dave, on the other hand, lied to both Holly and Scott. He led them to believe that he would completely sell out Tara and Keith. He wasn't trying to get SCOTT"S vote, he was making Scott think that he had HIS vote.

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer401
    The major difference between Keith and Daves game play was how they went about it, imo.

Keith approached Scott about voting for him and Tara if Scott got the power. He never even insinuated that he would do the same for Scott. He basically said, "Listen, if you have to vote for one of us, vote for me and Tara. We've always been honest with you." He never mentioned anything about voting for Scott over Dave.

Dave, on the other hand, lied to both Holly and Scott. He led them to believe that he would completely sell out Tara and Keith. He wasn't trying to get SCOTT"S vote, he was making Scott think that he had HIS vote.

Exactly my take on what happened last night.... I lost lots of respect for Dave watching him try to backpeddle his way out of the doghouse last night. He is lucky that he is with Charla, or he wouldn't have a chance in hell
    Reality TV

1. America's Top Model: Eva
    2. The Apprentice: Andy
    3. Survivor: Julie

Quote Originally Posted by croftchrism

Exactly my take on what happened last night.... I lost lots of respect for Dave watching him try to backpeddle his way out of the doghouse last night. He is lucky that he is with Charla, or he wouldn't have a chance in hell
    He lost a lot of credibility last week with the Beau thing. Even though we know that he was NOT, in fact, lying to Beau about voting him out, they don't have the luxury of instant replay. So he's in some pretty deep doo-doo right now. This is what helped Keith plead his case to Scott though. I'm telling you the man is brilliant.

Quote Originally Posted by mom2
    She's not only really gone, she's really most sincerely gone.
    I just love your sense of humor mom2!

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer401
    I want Keith to win, not because of what happened tonight, but because he showed DCT how to play the game. They would have just let themselves be led away like to the slaughter if Keith hadn't of come in and gotten rid of Zack. Since then, Dave and the girls have played the game well (until tonight Dave) but before that they weren't even trying.
    Brava!! Stargazer! That is exactly how I feel and in my opinion Keith is most deserving of the prize. What Dave conveniently forgot is that it took 4 to get to where he stood last night. It was not a solitary effort on anyone's part. They were a team and Dave never should have strayed from the flock.
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

I really want Charla and Keith to win at this point, but I'll take a Keith/Tara victory.

Dave really screwed her over by overplaying.

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by funnygirl422
    He lost a lot of credibility last week with the Beau thing. Even though we know that he was NOT, in fact, lying to Beau about voting him out, they don't have the luxury of instant replay. So he's in some pretty deep doo-doo right now. This is what helped Keith plead his case to Scott though. I'm telling you the man is brilliant.

Keith totally outplayed Dave this time around, but I have no more respect for him than Dave. In the scene where he was suggesting that Dave go to Scott/Holly and tell them he lied to them, that he was always going to vote for Keith/Tara........that was about as underhanded as you can get. Notice he didn't suggest the four of them go to SH and lay their cards on the table, just Dave. This leaves the not so subtle impression that since KT haven't told SH which way they would vote, SH might have a better chance giving KT the power.

IMHO careful manipulation of the truth for your own gain (i.e. leaving out crucial information) is just as despicable as outright lying, possibly moreso because it's even harder to detect.

I wouldn't put it past Keith to have put that question in the Pandora's box, knowing no matter how Dave answered he could use it to his advantage with Scott. It's possible that he's been manipulating this controversy from the start.

He may have realized (as many of us probably guessed) that the producers had put the fix in to keep Dave as long as possible (did anyone get the feeling that had Tom selected Beau, that that letter which magically saved Dave would still have appeared?) and decided to work against him.

The real test will be next Wednesday at 8 (7Central). If Keith is truly a man of integrity, then despite Dave's antics of the last several days he will still honor the original agreement of the 4 and keep DC.

Just my 2 cents

to the site jaredd.

I can see what you're saying about Keith, but I can also see why he was upset at the comments Dave made during Pandora's box.
    Scott too was surprised to learn that Dave was even considering booting Keith. Dave had his sights on the end gaem, which is fine, but he got busted telling a lie that was really unnecessary.

I think he underestimates Scott and thinks he can easily butter him up.
    I don't think this is the case, Scott is a smart guy.
    If Keith hadn't gone to him and told him that Dave was lying during Pandora's box, I think Scott might well have approached Dave for clarification of his alliances in the game.
    It's been clear he is allied with Keith for a while, but then he says Keith was at risk...not smart Dave.

Instead of potentially having two couples that would have taken him and Charla to the finals, his comment made everyone distrust him.

If Keith does choose to keep Dave in the competition, I tihnk it will be because he doesn't want to eliminate Charla.
    "That's Numberwang!"

FORT Newbie
    I too think that Keith is playing the game hard core, but he's doing in a way that manipulates Dave very well. Keith has probably known for a long time that Dave always tried to be eveybodies friend. Dave never wanted anyone to know who is was allianced with except for with Charla, which is obvious.

Secondly, Keith always made sure Dave had to power. This insured that Dave would not be kicked off, and that he would be targeted during room mate selection moreso than Keith.

Keith is a smart cookie, and I'd like to see him win. Dave needs to learn how to lose...because eveyone has to lose once in a while.

Keith is essentially benefiting from Dave's colossal screw ups.

If it comes to a vote by former guests, Keith would have lost to Dave. Now, he stands a good chance to win.

Dave screwed up by trying to placate Scott. You always keep your alliance happy. They come first. Not your boyhood dreams of fitting in with the captain of the football team.

+ Reply to Thread