+ Reply to Thread
Page 43 of 53 FirstFirst ... 3334353637383940414243444546474849505152 ... LastLast

Thread: 9/23 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Idol Fan
    Fluff, good points! However, if we have to put up with the gagfest of the losers returning, again, ugh!, don't forget how much they all venomously hate Dave & Charla. Either way, if Keith voted off Scott & Holly, the "foursome" are going to really compete, and we know Keith is smarter and Dave is the shadiest.

Personally, I think it's Keith who deserves the most credit among the males left. And I think Charla is the most deserving of getting to remain and play. While I felt sorry for him being put in that position at such a critical point, I am far more thankful it didn't go to Dave, Holly or Scott! And the way Tara sounded, she felt so disgusted with Dave that even though she feels loyal to Charla, who knows what she would have done? Keith is the best person to hold power there. Dave's a fool, thinking Scott is his friend, not to mention the way he stabbed himself in the foot tonight with everyone!

So, do you think they'll split the last 4 up to compete? I think that's the best twist they could have. And let's all hope the former inmates never return. If I have to see them and their flashbacks one more time........ AHHHHH!

Charlaboy - the people choosing questions from Pandora's Box are only taking turns reading them. All questions are anonymously put in the box. So, Keith did not read a question he created that anyone can assume. He only read what he blindly selected, as they all do.
    Last edited by Bellenote; 09-24-2003 at 02:39 AM.

Rest in peace Johnny Cash sagemama's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitschwitch
    Mark99 wrote:

"I saw that a person read in the Columbus Dispatch edition of sept.19th that Keith ansd Tara got married.(I seriously don't know if it's true)."

I Checked the Dispatch On-line Archive - No articles written in Columbus. Maybe it was an AP article?

It doesn't look like a marrying kind of relationship to me.
    spoiler follows?
    Click to see Spoiler:
    ok. that's it then... the only way you can win, is to get married. keith and tara get married-they win! i think that's the final twist. did you hear what amanda said? "the only way you can win..."
    is to get married. yep...i hear wedding bells.
    Last edited by sagemama; 09-24-2003 at 03:19 AM.

Wooo! Wonderful! I would personally like to thank ALL of you here for writing such accurate, truthful and meaningful comments about last night's show!! Keep up the good work guys It's almost surreal to see every post since last night's show I can on!

gokeithgokeithgokeithgokeithgo keith

FORT Newbie
    First off, first post Gotta say that I have never laughed so hard as when reading some of the comments in here, people like LG , fluff, and majih (sorry sp. ) are not only hilarious but very intelligent as well. It is a pleasure reading posts by such witty people who take shows like ph just seriously enough to make us all literally laugh out loud...

Okay, tonight's show....I am amazed that no-one has pointed out how perfectly the mis-direction has been correlated throughout by the producers/ editors. EVERY time that we are led to believe that something is going to happen the opposite happens. So many examples..."Amy is gonna win",....(Andon)" I'm gonna stir this up"...., (voiceover) "One guest gets revenge"(shows Amy)....it goes on and on, they have never followed thru with a push in the direction they were leading us, never. So, they make it look like DC might go, so unless for THE FIRST TIME they don't misdirect, SH are gone. (the only thing that scares me is the red dress reflection in wine glass thing for final four).

As for Dave, what makes me so suspicious about the editing, is that certain things make no sense...dave saying he is thinking of too many things in his mind and not talking to Kieth, and then not talking to Charla, when she asked him what was going on. Doesn't this strike you all as odd? Out of place? Strange? Kinda like either some wicked bad editing, or MAYBE trying to frame the "drama" for tonights episode by the editing? Dave knows everything gets out, every lie gets caught, but yet he lies to Scott. So my question is, is he stupid? Of course not, you can't say on the one hand that he is so smart, and then say in the same breath he wasn't smart enough after all this time to know that Scott and Holy would use what he said to try to make him look bad to Keith. He CAN'T be both really smart and really dumb. So the answer is, he has a plan, or the editing to preserve the drama had to be compromising enough to make us all go and scratch out heads and say "Huh?"

Look, as proved tonight, everyone is shady, and manipulative in their own way, and when someone says "I have been trustworthy the whole game", that is the surest sign they haven't been. I like DKTC, and would like anyone of them to win, but as much as i admire Tara for her integrity, she seems not too smart lately, I mean, how come everytime a houseguest gets told by an enemy (or non-ally), something, they immeadiately question the integrity of their friends? That is sad, and they have all done it.

People said in this thread Tara had some good sex, no she wouldn't, she said she promised her Mom only kissing, nothing else (well, maybe some licking lol). And we found out tonight, she loves her injured Mom very much and respects her.

sorry, all over the place, but of course my first post is gonna be horrendously long and sleep-inducing lol...so for those few hearty souls still reading, thanks, and i'm almost done

My ideas for the end based on tonight...Dave is setting up Kieth and Tara to win, he figures no way him and Charla can win, and he is doing this to make them have a better chance, whether KT keep him or not. So why didn't he say? Because he knew the past guests were watching, and wanted to look bad,AND he's figured out the jury might be coming back, and if he said this to KT tonight, it wouldn't fit in with the slant of tonight's show so do you honestly think the editors are going to show us that? On survivor, the contestants all know who won the final vote before they vote, but of course we don't get too see those conversations. So, I'm probably wrong about the final, but one thing that has been proved over and over again is that there can be no drama if the revelations aren't edited out. Every show the producers give us a villain and we all bite. Hmmm, let's hate Dave, so we all kinda do. I mean, we have all learned that there is no CONTEXT in this show, the editing is torture, but that's why I love to be manipulated ths way. The show is fun because i give into the bargain I make with the producers. You give me a great, addictive show, and I won't get upset to the point of not watching, if you manipulate the crap out of me with cheesy, and sometimes downright disgusting editing tricks, and misdirection. And as for the "One will have to do something they don't want to do" thing, do you think it has something to do with the winner has to pick SOMEONE ELSE to win the prize? That would be cool.

So, I hope Kieth picks DC to stay, as they have all backstabbed, overtly or not, and "you gotta dance with the one that brung ya"....I was dissapointed with Dave, but I always remember, I didn't see everything that went on due to editing, and I know I am supposed to be dissapointed with him tonight, after all, the producers may have well, put a ticker across the bottom that said ..."Viewer, tonight we will make you think Dave is the bad guy"...and I said sure, that's what I signed up for as a watcher of this show. One side-bar (zack-speak? LOL) though, as much as I find some guests behaviour despicable, I gotta say, as a single male, pretty much it comes down to- I hope the hot chicks win...T and C of course

One note about Amy tonight, (can't forget her, although I'd really love to), as obnoxious as she's been, it all comes down to one thing for me....In front of milions of people, Zack told her she was sub-standard and belittled her, and within hours she had sex with him. I have never seen as monumental a display of no self-esteem ever on tv, and that includes Jerry Springer. So, she is ultimately to me, just simply sad.

Dave wants acknowledement of his feelings by Charla.. not returned, he knows there's none, just her saying she knows it's difficult. These are young, self-absorbed, people, both the good ones and the bad ones, and ultimately, the prize should go to the casting directors for this show, have they not picked the perfect bunch of people to provide all of us with the most dizzying, addictive experience? They have joyfully manipulated us, we ate it up, and through broad strokes of good vs. evil editing, utter lack of context, and sheer outragousness, given us a show we, and I, cannot get enough of, and through my shame at watching, absolutely can't wait to see the final! My aplogies at this long post, PH does bring the words out of people, doesn't it?

Well said, wideyed. Producers brilliant. Me fish. On hook.

FORT Newbie
    Merci. Ithink there are a lot of us fish in that pond...hehehe.

FORT Newbie
    I have been pretty dissappointed with Dave the past two weeks. Even though some of you may have interepted his conversation with Beau differently, from my point of view I think Dave did lie to Beau about his not voting him off again. I did believe the part where Dave said that he felt guilty for voting him off the first time round because he had a look on his face that showed that he was voting off someone he didnt want to. I was not a fan of Beau and I think that Dave would have been better off not making such promises to him.
    I also did not like what Dave did tonight with his promising Holly that he would be on her side. No matter what his motives were tonight, to swing sides or to play Holly to his good side I did not think what he was doing appropiate.
    I wish Keith could kick Dave and Holly out and pair Charla with Scott. I have always wanted Keith to win and was on the fence about the girls. Orignally I was skeptical that Tara could be trustworthy because she seemed to be a girl who could easily swing sides but she has proven herself so I want her to win along with Keith. I don't think Scott is as bad as the other Orignals beside Charla but I don't think he deserve to win as he has not played the game very much until the end. Holly has not played the game much either. All she does is show her puppy love for Scott.

Quote Originally Posted by purple73
    I have been pretty dissappointed with Dave the past two weeks. Even though some of you may have interepted his conversation with Beau differently, from my point of view I think Dave did lie to Beau about his not voting him off again. I did believe the part where Dave said that he felt guilty for voting him off the first time round because he had a look on his face that showed that he was voting off someone he didnt want to. I was not a fan of Beau and I think that Dave would have been better off not making such promises to him.
    I also did not like what Dave did tonight with his promising Holly that he would be on her side. No matter what his motives were tonight, to swing sides or to play Holly to his good side I did not think what he was doing appropiate.
    I wish Keith could kick Dave and Holly out and pair Charla with Scott. I have always wanted Keith to win and was on the fence about the girls. Orignally I was skeptical that Tara could be trustworthy because she seemed to be a girl who could easily swing sides but she has proven herself so I want her to win along with Keith. I don't think Scott is as bad as the other Orignals beside Charla but I don't think he deserve to win as he has not played the game very much until the end. Holly has not played the game much either. All she does is show her puppy love for Scott.
    First off, your point about the Beau-Dave issue is excellent! It does lead to why Dave was scheming his creepy ass with Holly and Scott.... I didn't criticize Dave for "lying" to Beau because I want to give him (Dave) the benefit of the doubt and I think, at the time, he has suffered enough from Beau and the "originals" already. Now I could care less for him.

And you scenario pair-up bewteen couples could very well come true and I agree and support your "configuration" 100%. It's interesting.

FORT Newbie
    You know it's really sad when the producers are forced to make Dave the bad guy. I mean have we been denied footage all season and all the originals are correct. What do they have on Dave? The Beau thing. The Holly/Scott thing. Dave has done plenty that has made me cringe and fast forward but come on. You know Dave has done nothing but play the game since he entered. Both him and Charla were targets since they came on and he has done nothing but try to take the two to the end. He's been put into a position of power a few times and he showed tonight that he no longer wanted it.

Look what happened to Keith just because he voted Zack off. People take it personaly and don't accept 'It's just a game'. All six of these people deserve to be where they are at. They are all doing what it takes to make it to the end. I mean what do you think Scott was doing tonight?

+ Reply to Thread