+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Are they all actors?

Quote Originally Posted by CharlaFan
    If they all came out at the end and said hey guess what we are all actors or actresses, i think there would be some kind of revolt and people would not watch PH2(which most likely will happen next summer) because they felt used.

So do i think they are actors, nope.
    Wow I thinking the acting revelation could very well be true but you made such a wonderful point CharlaFan never thought of that...

Whatever I totally doubt that they would all be actors. I mean yes they all have agents and stuff....and wanted good looking people on the show. I mean would you want to watch a bunch of ugly people? No I doubt it. But I don't think they are actors at all. And the show totally portrays them differently. It's what amy said they don't show all the good times they had. Look at when Amy left. She hugged everyone. Even though they hated each other...there was still this somewhat of a friendship there. They only show the drama on the show cuz thats what people want when they watch reality like that.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazy4Paradise
    I mean would you want to watch a bunch of ugly people?
    Well, Crazy, I personally dont judge people solely by their outward appearance. Yes I can truly appreciate a good looking specimen as much as the next guy. But I like to focus more on their personalities, maturity and scruples. And using that gauge, this show was full of ugly people.

It wouldn't surprise me to find out that most of the cast had acting or showbiz aspirations, even if they aren't all actors at the moment.

Amazingly, despite previous reality show contestants having very little success after their respective shows finished, I do hink some people see participating as a way of showcasing themselves in order to try and get future tv jobs.

I think you really have to be exceptional to get noticed now there are so many reality shows.
    "That's Numberwang!"

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazy4Paradise
    I mean would you want to watch a bunch of ugly people?
    by the way crazy, I didnt want my above post to make it sound like I was coming down on what you said. You are actually saying it like it is on TV. I just perosnally happen to think is just sad that only size 2 models and musclebound men with messy hair and perpetually two-days worth of beard get to be on TV.

This has pretty much been how TV was across the board since the begginning. The producers always think that they know better than us what we want and need. Basically they feel that we want hunky, shallow, one noted men and cute, airheaded women.

Why else would they feel that we need Maxim lingere models providing insight on the sidelines during Monday Night Football?

Is Vanna White really nessesary at this point or has technology advanced to the point that we really dont need a buxom blonde in a cocktail dress turning around letters?

My gosh, Imagine the challenge the writers of Dog Eat Dog alone would face if they ever actually put a regular, average man or woman on the show. They would have to devise questions that are harder than the oh so lovely, goth clad Brooke asking in a stickato tone "Canada-is-on-which-continent?"

Sadly though, the truth is that we DO live in a superficial society. Otherwise, the Ann Wilsons, Shawn Colvins, Indigo Girls, Macy Grays, Tori Amoses and other talented women of music would be all over MTV and the Britany, Xtina and Jessicas of the world would be working at the Doll House and filling antiboitic prescriptions.

Quote Originally Posted by Daddio
    Sadly though, the truth is that we DO live in a superficial society. Otherwise, the Ann Wilsons, Shawn Colvins, Indigo Girls, Macy Grays, Tori Amoses and other talented women of music would be all over MTV and the Britany, Xtina and Jessicas of the world would be working at the Doll House and filling antiboitic prescriptions.
    Well said daddio. However, I need to point out something. Keep in the back of your mind I am one woman from Indiana so I have nothing to base this on, but my own humble opinion. That being said: There were only a couple of people on this show that fit the stereotype you are talking about. I did not find too many of them that appealing. The only thing most of the woman have for the cameras is a pretty decent figure in a bikini and the ability to prance around in said bikini without feeling shy. Mostly, I found the girls to be average in the looks category. I went to school and work with people who are a heck of a lot easier on the eyes than some of the members of this cast. That's one of the reasons I really liked this show. I cannot believe that Toni or any of her so called "friends" from this show would get anything more than a bit part on anything and that is only with the help of a casting agent. I do not see any of these people making a career in front of the camera. They are all missing that special something that makes me want to watch them anywhere outside of Hotel Paradise. Then again, I thought this same thing about Joe Millionaire and that fugly, no-talent has managed to pop-up in the weirdest places.

Daddio I understand what you've said. I know you weren't meaning to put down what I said. I don't take stuff like tht personally or nothing. I mean with what you said you are absoulutely right. I mean we do live in a superficial world for sure.

but with everyone at that show being so called actors....it's not true. before the show they all had normal jobs, waitress, retail sales...etc......except for Zack and is apparent "stipping" job haha

I for one would be extremely pleased if it turned out they were all actors playing roles. It'd give me hope for humanity, because as it stands if those yahoos are representing society as it is today... well, we suck.
    Men are like slinkies... not really good for anything, but you can't help but smile as you see one tumble down the stairs.

but if they turned out to be actors that would be lik the stupidest ending of a reality show on tv. i would end up saying that the Bachelor is better. and it really isn't. I think people would lose respect if they ended up being actors and I don't think they are as keith is a model. and if they were "undiscovered" actors...then well...thats stupid. we would have been at least able to find something about them on the internet. i mean u can find old stuff about Tara.....so yeah

Doubt it, no one is that good, I mean come on, Zach? Thats genuine zackass, you can't act that.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12