+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: How the winners will be decided - **SPOILER**

Quote Originally Posted by ruben_of_205
    My full album(Soulful) comes out on Nov 11. Remember to get it.
    Soulful reminds me of Thankful from Kellly...very original

if this is true about the former guests voting who wins...congrats Amy on winning :mad:

Quote Originally Posted by CharlaFan
    I am about 96.7% sure just be going on what i read on the fox website for show preview:

FINAL GUESTS COMPETE FOR ULTIMATE PRIZE ON AN ALL-NEW TWO-HOUR SEASON FINALE OF ‘PARADISE HOTEL’ WEDNESDAY, OCT. 1, ON FOX

The final two couples compete against each other for the ultimate prize on PARADISE HOTEL. All 15 former guests return to the hotel after having had the opportunity to view the episodes as they aired. The former guests, who had been forced out of the hotel by the finalists, now play an important role in determining who wins the ultimate prize. There is one final shocking twist after the prize is awarded which tests loyalties and friendships to the very end on the special two-hour season finale on PARADISE HOTEL Wednesday, October 1 (8:00-10:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX. (PH-129/130) (TV-14; D, L, S)

for arguement sake it doesn't say they get to vote for the winner only they play an "important role" in the outcome.
    Hmm. Is it referring to the episode that already occurred? If it is talking about the finale, specifically, it doesn't necessarily point to a jury. As you pointed out it just says that they play, 'an important role'. The wording is tricksey, that sly little Fox.

Hug me!
    Quote Originally Posted by stargazer401
    Hmm. Is it referring to the episode that already occurred?.
    Well.. it did say all 15 former guests .. I don't think there were 15 people were brought back last time.
    "Charla is intelligent and beautiful and I just felt really stupid for picking ... for, you know... liking someone that wasn't available really.. certainly not to me." Quote from Dave (Paradise Hotel).

I don;t have a problem with the ex guests deciding, as long as the competitors had known that all along.
    In Survivor and Big Brother you know you have to eliminate people in such a way that you might be able to get their vote at the end.

There is also the tactic of taking an individual (or in this case a couple) to the final two that you think you can beat.

The opportunity to work certain angles in the game has been denied to the contestants because they didn't know how the winners would be decided.

Having seen how the originals behave when they returned, I would have hoped that the producers would have nixed the idea of having them vote as it seems all too clear who they would vote for.

The only way an end vote would be interesting is if it is DCKT in the final four imo.
    At least the voters would be torn on who to vote for instead of just automatically voting for their friends.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Well.. it did say all 15 former guests .. I don't think there were 15 people were brought back last time.
    No, there weren't.

If there are two couples left still in the game on the final show there will be 15 ex guests at that point I believe.
    "That's Numberwang!"

FORT Newbie
    Yes, the "make the rules up as you go along and don't tell anyone what they are" plan by FOX really screws over several people. You have people who are able to come into the game and are NOT forced to choose people to kick out, who will clearly have an advantage in the game over people that did have to kick people out.

Not to mention the stupid idea of letting past guests watch the episodes. What is going to happen when they have PH2? NO ONE is going to talk smack about people behind their back because they know the person will eventually see it. That will make for some very lame television.

Bottom line is, the show is more of a soap opera than an actual game, because certain people are given very big advantages that others are not.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by fluff
    I don;t have a problem with the ex guests deciding, as long as the competitors had known that all along.

Yes but that is the twists and turns of paradise

FORT Newbie
    It is called KARMA. you lied and backstabbed people now it is going to come back to and haunt you. It is only fair.
    "Backstabbed?" This is a game. You're trying to win, not become friends with people.

I don't know of anyone who has backstabbed anyone else yet.

Please give examples.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Spooksmcgee
    I don't know of anyone who has backstabbed anyone else yet.

Please give examples.
    When Zack (and Alex somewhat) were talking to keith about who he should kick out, they were sacrificing Beau tot he wolves. If zack is such a great friend he shouldn't have did that, that to me is the best example of backstabbing so far(least with alex i can see, they didn't seem to get along that great).

FORT Regular
    Let's also remember that the voted out jury in BB4, Survivor, etc are SEQUESTERED for a reason. Those shows learned about the mistakes of allowing the jury to see diary room interviews etc before they vote.

I'm not happy about it, because as someone else said, if there any of the originals (besides Charla) in the finals they will no doubt win the game - HOWEVER, notice the mention of a 'final twist' - which, IMO, lends further credence to the generally accepted idea (on FOX at least) that one original and one barbie will win - this according to a few people who claimed to have inside info (and actually predicted a couple things before they happened correctly). I'm just the messenger, however it makes more and more sense. I honestly think that (God forbid) Amy and Keith will win thru some weird twist. Either that or Charla/Scott are my guesses.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast