+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Pinky Swear is My middle name

Pinky Swear is My middle name

Ok---Tell me Im crazy if im wrong...Im a huge barbie fan--but...If we went back in time--wouldnt Charla, Keith and Tara be popular in High School? Does it seem like they would have been? I think so.--Yet--there is the "amy" group that is the popular "in" group? This show has made me speculate humanity (oh god...) Maybe they were unpopular in high school..they just got hot afterwards. (I was unpopular--but Im damn hot now--I can attest to that) We'll never know because nobody knew them in high school. I guess I can just deduce from this that the popular people in high school (anyones high school)..cant function on a mature level like the unpopular people. Ok--this doesnt make sense to myself..but whatever...Go Barbies!!!
    Awaiting Wedsnesday......

FORT Regular
    I think they could've been popular,just not part of the "Bimbo Squad". In my school,there's a group of airheads who think they're the best people in the world (Bimbos) and there's a group that everybody likes and they're really cool people. So,I don't really think they were nerds (Although Charla did say she didn't like high school and didn't have fun there) but I dunno,I guess we'll never find out.....

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by rockinrollinbch
    (I was unpopular--but Im damn hot now--I can attest to that) Go Barbies!!!
    Hi R&RB, good post love.

A lot of people "peak" in highschool and never acheive that level of success again in their lives. So they tend to glom on to a "mob mentality" of other like minded individuals.

Lets not forget that Al (4 touchdowns in one game - one game!) Bundy and Peggy were the King and Queen Sh*t of Polk High...we know the rest.

Also Sarah Jessica Parker was a "Square Peg" in highschool before blossoming into Carrie Bradshaw and having "Sex in the City".

That is of course all in TV land but does somewhat reflect reality. When I was in highschool I played sports baseball and football (very good baseball player) but didnt hang out with the jocks. I mainly hung out with the stoners because I was in garage band as well we were mostly all from the same neighborhood. At the same time I was a good student and a member of a few clubs at school and hung around a little bit with some of the "brain/nerds".

I personally dont think I was very good looking in highschool, but like you blossomed later and became "smokin hot". Well, pretty smokin anyway. Maybe it was from all the "smokin" I did in highschool, which is for another board.

Hug me!
    Quote Originally Posted by rockinrollinbch
    (I was unpopular--but Im damn hot now--I can attest to that)
    Quote Originally Posted by Daddio
    I personally dont think I was very good looking in highschool, but like you blossomed later and became "smokin hot". Well, pretty smokin anyway. Maybe it was from all the "smokin" I did in highschool, which is for another board.
    prove it.
    "Charla is intelligent and beautiful and I just felt really stupid for picking ... for, you know... liking someone that wasn't available really.. certainly not to me." Quote from Dave (Paradise Hotel).

Hey-Daddio--Thats so funny--I used to hang out with the stoners in high school too--Of course there were more of them then the rest of the "groups" in high school...They voted me most original and I came in second place of being prom queen my senior year. Yet I still consider myself unpopular--I only had two geeky friends. Yet..hanging out with the "smokers" ---umm I dont know. I guess I had more friends than I realized. In college I dated some of the most popular guys. Maybe Charla had the same situation. OH and another thing--I cant believe they are all so young! What do you guys think about all that? They all act like they are over thirty (with the exception of Scott and Toni-man) (and another exception of Beau--who acts like hes 12). I wouldnt want my daughter to be sleeping in the same room as a man when shes 21. (I dont have to worry about that for another 20 years though)

Quote Originally Posted by ruben_of_205
    prove it.
    Well--Im not going to post a picture of myself here....

I'll be the first to admit I was a geek in High School. I hated the cafeteria so much I spent all my lunchtimes in the library.

I could see charla as being the type of girl who is hot, but a little shy and akward in high school. being attractive isn't the only factor that determines your popularity, not even in high school. and i think bullies are probably more drawn to a lack of self confidence than physical blandness a lot of times...
    then, of course, is the issue of "what type of people you hang out with". if you are cute, but quiet, and sing in show choir, you probably aren't popular.
    I was a starting varsity football player for 2 years, but couldn't swallow the jock crowd. i hung with the stoners, because they were way more real. i also spent a lot of time keeping nerds from getting picked on in my gym class. i wasn't popular, but had the ear of my teammates and their crowd, so it wasn't bad.

ahhh...... something else we have in common (stoners)..

I guess we should have listened to the warnings! Here we are .. all grown up, spending time on a message board about a reality tv show!! ha ha

Now it all makes sense to me.......

I completely think that Tara, Charla, and Keith were probably not 'popular' in school. If you take a careful look at them, you can tell that they have features that look too exaggerated and gawky during the teen years but develop into beauty in the twenties. I can almost see a gangly, too-skinny girl, possibly w/ glasses (I think I saw a contact case on Charla's sink. Could be why she doesn't want to swim) in Charla. Tara and Keith's noses were probably too big,and it looks like all three have had their teeth capped. I seriously doubt they had such buff bods in high school either.
    Like a few others on here, I was a book-worm geek in high school that never got asked to prom and when I got to college I 'blossomed'. It happens.

As for Dave, well...maybe he'll peak in his 30's. Or 40's. Hopefully.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast