+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Pinky Swear is My middle name

Quote Originally Posted by rockinrollinbch
    [.Paradise Hotel Rocks!!! woo hoo...If I didnt have a kid--I would tottally try to sign up for Paradise Hotel 2.....would any one else????
    Definitely. It's great to see a show that is not afraid to use "real" people. Not all the people on this show were typical reality show contestants (not just Dave). I also like the concept of testing people against people of different backgrounds, ages, etc. I think it would be really interesting to see how all of us would react if put in the same situation. It's easy playing armchair quarterback, but being there and knowing fully what is going on would be a whole different game. So, GAME ON, I'm with ya.

I would SO NOT apply. The way we have ripped people to shreds LOL I don't think I could handle the attention
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

Quote Originally Posted by Duxxy
    I would SO NOT apply. The way we have ripped people to shreds LOL I don't think I could handle the attention
    Yeah, but like Amanda (guest) said, you learn so much about who you truly are and how other people outside of your norm perceive you. Granted you are doing this on national television with ratings that climb every week while you stumble your way though, but it's good therapy.

Quote Originally Posted by funnygirl422
    Yeah Ruben, why don't you go hang out there for a while...
    Yeah, I think it would be interesting to see what Ruben looked like... I myself never claimed to be 'hot' but would gladly post my pic on the "what do you look like" thread tomorrow. My husband is going to have to get my laptop and the scanner to be friends.

This thread is really interesting. It seems to keep swinging back and forth between topics. I think that the main point of it is whether we think DCKT were geeks in high school. Personally, I think that Tara and Charla were probably gangly and gawky. If you listen to interviews with supermodels, they almost always were geeky kids. Supermodel features dont look so hot on junior high kids.

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer401
    If you listen to interviews with supermodels, they almost always were geeky kids. Supermodel features dont look so hot on junior high kids.
    You got that right star...they are mostly knees and elbows. I'm thinking Charla looked extremely funny growing up with those big eyes and she probably looked like an ethiopian all gangly and skinny. It sure worked out for her in the long run though.

Ok...who wants to lay bets on who ends up in playboy or other related magazines? I think thats why I would go on a reality show such as this. I wouldnt mind making a few extra bucks modeling...however I do think that ex-reality tv people are probably haunted in daily life--YOu would be recognized everywhere and that would be ok if it was positive.
    All right back to my original subject..High school..Many of the contestants on this show are just freshly out of high school. Maybe thats why they act so clique-ish?
    Awaiting Wedsnesday......

Quote Originally Posted by rockinrollinbch
    High school..Many of the contestants on this show are just freshly out of high school. Maybe thats why they act so clique-ish?
    It's amazing rockin you show up to a 10, 20, 30 or even 50 year reunion and it still happens. It's like the lunchroom all over again. Those folks sitting outside reading a book, etc. usually don't attend. It's all they have for some people though...the memories of when they were cool.

Quote Originally Posted by funnygirl422
    It's amazing rockin you show up to a 10, 20, 30 or even 50 year reunion and it still happens. It's like the lunchroom all over again. Those folks sitting outside reading a book, etc. usually don't attend. It's all they have for some people though...the memories of when they were cool.
    I was a wedding and special event planner for several years. I did quite a few reunions. What I find is that the worst behavior comes from the 10 year reunion. By the 20th, they seem to have resigned themselves to the fact that high school is over.
    DKCT are very close to the ten-year mark. Maybe the hormones are more out of control with 20 somethings than it is with teens. Or, it could be the hormones are the same but are heightened by the new freedoms that the age brings. Freedom without responsibilities (i.e. kids or a job) is a dangerous thing.

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer401
    I was a wedding and special event planner for several years. I did quite a few reunions. What I find is that the worst behavior comes from the 10 year reunion. By the 20th, they seem to have resigned themselves to the fact that high school is over.
    DKCT are very close to the ten-year mark. Maybe the hormones are more out of control with 20 somethings than it is with teens. Or, it could be the hormones are the same but are heightened by the new freedoms that the age brings. Freedom without responsibilities (i.e. kids or a job) is a dangerous thing.
    I'm getting close to my ten year--And I cant wait to show up with a lot more self-confidence and my darling daughter--who has never taken away my freedom. But--on your other point..I think that DKCT do have heightened hormones--not only because they are in their twenties--but this show is way sexy--
    Awaiting Wedsnesday......

FORT Newbie
    Wow, you didn't take it personally, did you?

The number one thing I find unattractive in a person is arrogance, and for anyone to call themselves hot is arrogant. Humility can do wonders for a person's appearance.

Don't get me wrong -- high self-esteem is wonderful; I don't know you from Adam, so it's very possible your post just came across wrong. But keep in mind that beauty is in the eye of the beholder; you may think you're the most beautiful woman on earth while I may think you're nothing more than average.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast