+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Pinky Swear is My middle name

Quote Originally Posted by Yellow Apple
    Well, to put the topping on this sucker, mine was not only a small school, it was a small CHRISTIAN school. So in addition to the small cliques, you had an extra group in there: the Super Christians. They were the only ones who were good, and everyone else was going to hell.

So you have Super Christian geeks with pocket protectors and Bibles. Needless to say, I wasn't their favorite heathen.
    That's funny ... I was the Christian among the stoners!!!
    Small high school, 92 seniors, 88 graduated. I was a shy preppy jock ... I was the wall. I was Charla, crying all alone in the bathroom ... lol
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by rockinrollinbch
    Well--Im not going to post a picture of myself here....
    I definetly see what you're saying...I too went to a highschool with the same crowd as everyone else...There is the popular crew with no brians nothing but looks,The jocks, The nerds, The alternatives,ect.ect. and ofcourse My crew is what they call the Mix...We kinda hung out with everyone no matter what crew they were labled. I thought I was okay looking in HighSchool but from the reactions I've gotten from running into people I use to go to shool with is unbelievable..Made me feel great to know I grew to be Hott (and yes I do have pics to prove it). Even from people that I never said Hi to more than once in a year. For some reason it's always the "Popular Crew" that I run into that really didn't do much with life. It was like Highschool was their whole thing and now that it's been over for 4 years that was all they got.

Quote Originally Posted by Yellow Apple
    I didn't mention this, but my school only had 150 students. 37 in my graduating class. And I was still not one of the "cool kids".

OK, now I'm going into exile. See you all in a few years.

Same here, my high school was so small. I only had 24 students in my class. I wasn't a dork but, I wasn't the most popular girl either. I guess I just didn't belong to any certain clique. I was into cheerleading and was voted prom queen when I was senior, I liked everybody and hung out with everybody. I was pretty shy until I became a cheerleader. I think Charla and I have a lot of the same personality traits. So, I kind of picture her having the same kind of highschool life that I had. It's so funny but I have thought about this before, too. Amy's group being the group in high shcool that everyone hated, but wanted to belong to at the same time. And Charla's group being the one that just kind of did their own thing and didn't really care what others thought.

It funny, most people seem to relate to Charla (or Dave/Keith for guys) and think that she was probably like them in school. I think that the common thread is that EVERYONE has had SOMEONE be mean to them at one time or another and relate to that experience. I dont see anyone who seems to relate to Amy and her crew. Probably because no one wants to think that they were the mean people at one time. Or maybe no one who can relate to Amy hangs out in here, who knows?

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer401
    It funny, most people seem to relate to Charla (or Dave/Keith for guys) and think that she was probably like them in school. I think that the common thread is that EVERYONE has had SOMEONE be mean to them at one time or another and relate to that experience. I dont see anyone who seems to relate to Amy and her crew. Probably because no one wants to think that they were the mean people at one time. Or maybe no one who can relate to Amy hangs out in here, who knows?

Anyone who can relate to Acmy and crew, was probably like Acmy and crew. So, most likely are on her side..

Hmmmmmm looks like we are a crew of late-blooming, stoner-hanging, semi-social lunchers. My HS had 1121 kids, in Canada we dont use the freshman/junior/senior thing but we had over 300 grade 12 and OAC students. I started out eating lunch in the caf, with a table full of friends, then in the later years we ate in the Student Council Office (I was VP.. also VP on the City Wide Student Council.. how's that for geekdom?) It was all fun and games until the HS VP got pelted with green jello on St Patrick's day.. its a long story.

Bottom line: I knew the kids like Beau, Amy, Kristen, and Alex and we did our best to make them look foolish at every turn and they were only popular among themselves. The 'kids' that I hung out with have all graduated to fantastic jobs with happy lives and that alone makes me believe in Karma

Paradise Hotel Rulezzz.. - to avoid the mod kick to the head LOL
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

Hug me!
    Quote Originally Posted by rockinrollinbch
    Well--Im not going to post a picture of myself here....

this is interesting.. many fort female viewers claim that they are hot... You know.. we should have a FORT hottest female contest..
    "Charla is intelligent and beautiful and I just felt really stupid for picking ... for, you know... liking someone that wasn't available really.. certainly not to me." Quote from Dave (Paradise Hotel).

well.. many of the posters have posted their pictures in the General forum.. the What do you look like thread
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

Quote Originally Posted by Duxxy
    well.. many of the posters have posted their pictures in the General forum.. the What do you look like thread
    Yeah Ruben, why don't you go hang out there for a while...

[ I think Charla and I have a lot of the same personality traits. So, I kind of picture her having the same kind of highschool life that I had. It's so funny but I have thought about this before, too.

THats so funny--Im glad Im not the only reformed stoner who thought they were geeky in high school that can relate to Charla. And--I can tottally see the barbies being gawky in high school!! I was really gawky!!--Oh and Ruben205---I would post my picture else where--but I only have pics on my computer of my best friend and I--and I wouldnt feel right posting pictures of her without asking first (she would say no anyway).
    When I ate lunch--I went to a little peice of grass in between classrooms and sat by a tree by myself reading shakespeare and eating my vegitarian sandwich. Of course that was freshman and sophomore year. The later years I ditched and hung out at the nearest Taco Bell. Or going down to the river to hang out with all the people getting stoned. I would also ditch my TA period and go across town and eat at the Japanese restaurant and go to the mall before the high schools got out so I could shop in peace. I still do that--I go to the mall way early to avoid the teeny-boppers. All right..Im just talking about boring stuff now.......Paradise Hotel Rocks!!! woo hoo...If I didnt have a kid--I would tottally try to sign up for Paradise Hotel 2.....would any one else????
    Awaiting Wedsnesday......

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast