+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Pinky Swear is My middle name

She'll be there when I'm gone... won't she?
    I was like paprika. Rather than sit by myself at my own table I ate lunch either in an empty classroom or in the library. I wasn't really a nerd though because I didn't have the GPA to qualify for nerddom. Needless to say, I didn't have many friends and no girlfriends. In fact, most girls at my school didn't even know I went to their school! Not that that was a big loss, since most of them weren't cute and had no personalities.

I wasn't into partying in high school, but I was a wild man in college (to a certain extent. Plenty of booze and some weed, but no women). It's pretty much the same now, except now I'm a working stiff. 10 years after graduation and I'm still a dork with not many friends and no wife or girlfriend. Albeit, a cooler brand of dork, but still very much dorkness abounds.
    R.I.P Willie Dog (?/?/1989-12/17/2004). Gone but never forgotten.

Welcome Zelda (and a hot of other names)! (Born 08/08/2005, adopted 10/08/2005)

Also welcome Shasta! (Born ?/?/2004, Adopted 03/??/07)

Quote Originally Posted by Yellow Apple
    I was like paprika. Rather than sit by myself at my own table I ate lunch either in an empty classroom or in the library. .
    What is it about dorks not wanting to eat in the cafeteria? There must be an anti-geek field around all high school cafeterias. I personally ate in the instrument room of the bandroom with my fellow band geeks. That would be the ultimate way to find out if KCT were unpopular in high school. Just ask them where they ate lunch.

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer401
    What is it about dorks not wanting to eat in the cafeteria? There must be an anti-geek field around all high school cafeterias. I personally ate in the instrument room of the bandroom with my fellow band geeks. That would be the ultimate way to find out if KCT were unpopular in high school. Just ask them where they ate lunch.
    The anti-geek stuff is in the food. I always brought my own lunch. Plus I couldn't stand to be around most of the other students for long anyway. So it was a no-brainer to find a spot by myself.

On Hiatus
    I went to a tiny high school, so none of this makes much sense to me...while we had cliques, they were very small cliques...(ponder...)

However, I have thought about the Charla thing before this. She reminds me of a girl I went to high school with who was really skinny and shy and not at all popular (she was a friend of mine.) But after high school, she filled out just a tad and became a fairly well known model and is drop-dead gorgeous.

Charla has some of those same characteristics...funny teeth, funny nose...that would kill you in high school but would probably make you more interesting post-HS...

Just a thought.
    "Ashleigh": I just think it's sleazy. It's dirty.
    Matt: Welcome to television!
    -The Joe Schmo Show

Quote Originally Posted by YCan'tAngieRead
    I went to a tiny high school, so none of this makes much sense to me...while we had cliques, they were very small cliques...(ponder...)
    I didn't mention this, but my school only had 150 students. 37 in my graduating class. And I was still not one of the "cool kids".

OK, now I'm going into exile. See you all in a few years.

However, I have thought about the Charla thing before this. She reminds me of a girl I went to high school with who was really skinny and shy and not at all popular (she was a friend of mine.) But after high school, she filled out just a tad and became a fairly well known model and is drop-dead gorgeous.

Charla has some of those same characteristics...funny teeth, funny nose...that would kill you in high school but would probably make you more interesting post-HS...

Just a thought.
    That's what I was trying to say above but I think you made it a little more understandable.
    BTW-My husband also went to a small high school and had no idea that geeks existed until I explained it all to him. Apparently, this problem is rare in very small schools.

Ok, apparently YA is the exception.

On Hiatus
    Hey, YellowApple! Did you go to school with me? My high school was 150 people and my graduating class was 36. Nice to know I'm not the only small town geek around here.

Sorry about the thread-jacking...back to regularly scheduled programming...
    -The Joe Schmo Show

On Hiatus
    Quote Originally Posted by stargazer401
    BTW-My husband also went to a small high school and had no idea that geeks existed until I explained it all to him. Apparently, this problem is rare in very small schools.
    Actually, we had geeks in my high school. (Angie<~~geek) But we DID have a lot of clique-mixing...most people had friends from a wide variety of cliques.
    -The Joe Schmo Show

Hey, YellowApple! Did you go to school with me? My high school was 150 people and my graduating class was 36. Nice to know I'm not the only small town geek around here.

Sorry about the thread-jacking...back to regularly scheduled programming...
    Well, to put the topping on this sucker, mine was not only a small school, it was a small CHRISTIAN school. So in addition to the small cliques, you had an extra group in there: the Super Christians. They were the only ones who were good, and everyone else was going to hell.

So you have Super Christian geeks with pocket protectors and Bibles. Needless to say, I wasn't their favorite heathen.

Quote Originally Posted by Yellow Apple
    So you have Super Christian geeks with pocket protectors and Bibles. Needless to say, I wasn't their favorite heathen.
    Well, there's your problem. You were a heretic among the righteous. Always a good way to be shuffled out of the cafeteria.

Back to PH before the mods smack us upside the head....

I also think that Toni was unpopular in school. She seems to sweat insecurity. I think she immediately latched on to Amy (cheerleader) and Kristen (former cheerleader or I'll eat my shoe), to try and finagle her were into the in-crowd. She even made some dumb comment about how neat it was to have all the cool kids at her table

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast