+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: What you may not know - Tara & Keith were hired?

FORT Newbie

What you may not know - Tara & Keith were hired?

I noticed early on that the originals may have made a pact with eachother in secret to NO MATTER what, ALWAYS vote for eachother rather than a NEW guest. There has been much proof of this throughout the show. Toni's dramatic surprises everytime she was picked was overshadowed by several passing comments from the guests that proved me right.
    Well,
    I think the producers may have caught on QUICKLY and remedied the situation by getting Keith and Tara on.
    When Tara was invited on, my first instict was that she was a network plant. The network put her on to steer the show with more control.

Then I got the same feeling about Keith. ( Remember how none of the boys or girls wanted Keith on, but due to some misunderstanding He got voted on?). I remember that conversation clearly.

Not relying on any of the editing and just plain facts and realizing that some, more than others, may be less significant:

1. Tara was part of the PR of the show through ads BEFORE she was ever a potential guest
    2. The ratings increased when TARA and KEITH were invited on
    3. KEITH AND TARA were the ONLY ONES allowed to choose a guest without the RISK of elimination
    4. THE Rules constantly change to accomodate the favorite of the mass.
    5. It is KEITH and TARA that generated the conflict on the show by having drawn a wedge between good and evil.

6. Tara and Keith seem to assign power to Dave and Charla more often than being concerned about their security on the island. (IE. The fact that Amy is Tara's biggest threat doesn't seem to matter as much as the elimination of Charla's biggest threat: MElanie..) etc...

7. Also KEith and Tara are the only ones behaving carefully. Even Dave and Charla get into bickering. BUT NEVER TARA AND KEITH

8. The network is starting to use TARA and Keith to promote the show

9. They are both professional models/actors ( they have agents who
    represent them unlike any other of the guests).

In Summary, I think it is IMPOSSIBLE to predict who wins becasue the producers are changing the rules to accomodate their pick and I believe that Keith and Tara are just there in order to provide that type of control for the producers.

Can anyone add some insight or thoughts about this?

Quote Originally Posted by annabel6969
    I think this answers your entire post annabel. All of the 'unscripted' (they dont call themselves reality anymore) shows use casting agents to find the people to bring on the shows. This has been discussed ad nausem in a number of other threads. IMO Tara and Keith weren't plants.. they just came into the game at a time when the producers saw it was prudent to change the rules of the game. With the extention of the Paradise Hotel season they had to do something to keep the game running, the solution was to make the newbies immune. If you want to point the 'plant' finger at someone I think Toni is your man (ahem nice pun ) It was her vote that brought Keith on the show and started this ball rolling,
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

I can see this argument about Tara since she was in the promotional pics/videos, etc. However, I do not remember seeing Keith and unless the producers told Toni to make that mistake (which I don't see happening) I think it was a fluke.

However, I do see the producers giving Keith a bonus for every drastic thing that he pulls off. Not to mention the Zackass not be allowed back in for his "threatening" Keith. Tara seemed to be right there to point it out, but they didn't have to show that. Keith was done. He had earned his few extra bucks for kicking out the Zackass, breaking up the alliance, but he didn't sign up for abuse of any kind. Dave had been threatened several times by Toni and even Alex (I believe), but nothing ever happened. Some of the people who have purchased the videos from the Yahoo site have said that Amy has threatened Keith and Tara on several occassions, but nothing came of it.

I noticed that Keith and Tara do a pretty good job of keeping their mouths shut when confronted, but I think this is a strategic tactic on their part. They are pretty intuitive and they see what "answering" does with these lunatics in the original group. You will start to see them come out of their shells more now that the confrontational people are gone. Amy will keep it to a minimum because she really doesn't have anybody backing her up anymore.

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by Duxxy
    I think Toni is your man (ahem nice pun ) It was her vote that brought Keith on the show and started this ball rolling,
    You are right about Toni. Regardless of what we believe her to be, she knows how to get the most air time and she does have the most experience with the reality behind Reality TV.

I do not watch much television but have gotten hooked to this one recently ( and NEVER again). I think my deduction about TARA and KEITH may be on the nose. The other guests were not chosen through agents but through interviews at local bars and colleges from what I understand. The whole group came together this way.

Tara and Keith are represented by agents however and, at least Tara, seems to have been employed by FOX prior to her appearance on the show.

I always thought that the promo pics may have just been taken of potential guests, after the first screening, when all of the original guests were already in paradise. Those pictures aren't taken at the Paradise Hotel we know, they look like they were taken at a best western in California.

FORT Newbie
    Whether you believe it or not, when you watch on Tuesday, try to view it with the idea that Tara and Keith are indeed employed to steer the show for the producer.

You may begin to better understand why things are happening the way they are, why tara and keith behave and say the things they do and say and most importantly, How these two are never obvious about being responsible for most major twists and turns.

I am not suggesting that they will win, only that they are working directly for the producers.

I was a little skeptical about posting my view because I have no way of proving it beyond a shadow of a doubt but I work in advertising and marketing with a degree in Pychology and can sometimes easily see through the platter of garbage that is being fed to viewers.

She'll be there when I'm gone... won't she?
    Quote Originally Posted by duckgirl
    I always thought that the promo pics may have just been taken of potential guests, after the first screening, when all of the original guests were already in paradise. Those pictures aren't taken at the Paradise Hotel we know, they look like they were taken at a best western in California.
    I kept waiting for that Asian dude to come on the show and kung fu Zackass.
    R.I.P Willie Dog (?/?/1989-12/17/2004). Gone but never forgotten.

Welcome Zelda (and a hot of other names)! (Born 08/08/2005, adopted 10/08/2005)

Also welcome Shasta! (Born ?/?/2004, Adopted 03/??/07)

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Yellow Apple
    I kept waiting for that Asian dude to come on the show and kung fu Zackass.
    Its hard to tell from the photo but that is actually Dhat Fan.

I heard that they were going to bring him onto the show but they didnt want to lose their security deposit with the HO-tel if he Kung-Fu'd all the furniture.

Hug me!
    Can someone point me to the location of the photo ?
    "Charla is intelligent and beautiful and I just felt really stupid for picking ... for, you know... liking someone that wasn't available really.. certainly not to me." Quote from Dave (Paradise Hotel).

Rest in peace Johnny Cash sagemama's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by annabel6969
    Actually that's not strictly true.Toni is represented by U.N. Talent, in Florida, I believe, and is an actress. She has had bit parts in several forgettable movies, including Coyote Flats.

http://www.mrsunitednation.com/bragpage.html

I think its safe to assume that this show is, in fact, almost entirely scripted.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast