+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: What you may not know - Tara & Keith were hired?

I totally agree that they are encouraged to act a certain way.
    Even Zack said in his interview that they TOLD him to be confrontational with Keith. I'm sure they did a little bit of "coaching" with Keith as well...

Bottom line is FOX will always have their controversies no matter what they do..... just take a look at last night's Dubya's interview..... can we say conservative bias television? Come on, that interview was so scripted (to fit the president's needs) that makes west wing more closer to reality! Couldn't at least the president make Larry King the first choice instead of some stupid FOX special? What was he trying to sell last night? Did anyone watched it? What do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by k1w1
    Bottom line is FOX will always have their controversies no matter what they do..... just take a look at last night's Dubya's interview..... can we say conservative bias television? Come on, that interview was so scripted (to fit the president's needs) that makes west wing more closer to reality! Couldn't at least the president make Larry King the first choice instead of some stupid FOX special? What was he trying to sell last night? Did anyone watched it? What do you think?

Pres of USA + FOX network... makes me shudder!

I don't even believe what they show as news!

Quote Originally Posted by Beck
    Pres of USA + FOX network... makes me shudder!

I don't even believe what they show as news!
    I know..... and not that I want to get myself into a political debate here but I would never think of the president, of all people, stooping to the level of FOX for god sakes?!! The same TV network that makes classics such as "celebrity boxing", "who wants to marry a millionaire" or "joe millionaire" popular.....

I mean yea we all know Bill O'Reilly is a huge fan of Dubya but I didn't know Dubya (or the administration) feels the same! It's just not right.... the president is supposed to be diplomatic and mutual as far as public addresses concern but going on FOX means he either isolated himself to please a certain part of the population sharing similar political ideals (ie conservative) or favouring the network because it's basically a Yes-tv-network (like Yes-man) for the administration ever since 911 and especially since the war in Iraq started.... or the fact that somehow FOX is really on the joint-cheif's payroll, not that I'm fond of conspiracy theories but it does make you think.

The next thing you know they'll be showing those clips of the president's interview on "the Pulse" and make that "news" program more legit (or at least they would say so themselves)..... ugh!

Quote Originally Posted by sagemama
    eesh! i didn't mean to insult you paprika! i feel bad now...
    Don't worry about it! It was one of those "I was in college and I needed money" things.

Feel bad for one of my friends. I saw a video of a movie -she- did in Dollar General yesterday. LOL!

FORT Newbie
    -Actually, advertisers sign a contract and cannot just pull out at anytime, however this is besides the point.

You make good points Jason.

The advertisers, however, can include conditional clauses in their contract that involves ethical issues and ratings that give them the power to pull out. The contracts also don't have to be seasonal but for a much shorter turn and renewals can be based on audience response.

I wouldn't call Tara and Keith, 'plants'. I do, however, think that they were 'auditioned' for a part. I dont believe that Fox ever told the viewers how the two 'potential guests' were chosen each week. So, I think that both
    would-be guests each week were probably handpicked by the producers. It probably didn't matter which person the resident guests voted for because my guess is that they were both prepped with suggestions of how to act. However, once on the show, the guests have their own free will and can go along with Fox or strike out on their own.

True, but...

the producers were just sick of new people being voted off every show! clearly they were going to change the rules to keep the spice in the show.

dave and charla

holly and scott
    :stupid
    tara and keith

amy

go amy go !!!

Thanks for posting the imbd.com information... it lists Keith as being on TI 1 in 2001, as well as Matt Travolta, both as temptors. It also lists Kristin as a single in The Bachelor 2002. After some research, I can confirm this is not true... it is simply a matter of different people with the same first names who starred on reality shows. Interestingly, Toni is listed with no credits other than PHo, and her last name is omitted.

I must say, I'm intrigued at what the real story is behind Tara and her promo shots and eventual appearance on the show, but I can imagine it's not as wacked-out as some have surmised it to be!!
    I'll do graffiti if you sing to me in French

I think it was just another stepping stone towards a modeling/acting career for her.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast