+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Something interesting **Possible Spoilers**

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by Spooksmcgee
    And because you're full of it.

Anyone who has ever watched a reality show before, knows that FOX would NEVER have two couples win. That's how I know this person is a liar. You would basically be declaring the game a tie, which does not make for interesting TV. People do not want to see two couples win, they want to see one couple win. They want to see people get beaten.

Potential major spoiler information...
    Click to see Spoiler:
    oh please. you'll see for yourself. both couples get half a million each and have to spilt it.
    like i would care enough to lie.
    Last edited by lobeck; 09-23-2003 at 05:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by funnygirl422
    Wrong, wrong, wrong again Daddio! Say it with me...they are playing again. Charla is not "using' Dave. I wish people would quit saying that. They have each other's back and have promised to do whatever they can within their power to keep each other there. She has not asked him to fawn all over her and have special meals made, etc. He's doing this on his own to show his devotion for her and how much he cares. Unfortunately, no matter how many times and ways she tries to relay to him they are just friends he is deaf to that or actually believes he can change her mind. I don't trust Dave as far as I can throw him, but that's because he talks way too fast and he's motivated by political ramifications.
    Right on funnygirl!

What on earth does this girl need to do to not be "using" Dave? Sleep with him??? hug him? suck his gross toes? buy him ice cream?

Good grapes, if someone can show some sort of profit (for lack of better words - sorry... it's late) that Charla has received by being nice to Dave, please produce it now! (And i'm not going to except fried steak, and ice cream!)

On Hiatus
    I think we know that amandas knows someone now, because only someone who knew...erm...you know who...would defend themselves like that. :-X
    "Ashleigh": I just think it's sleazy. It's dirty.
    Matt: Welcome to television!
    -The Joe Schmo Show

Quote Originally Posted by amandas
    Click to see Spoiler:
    oh please. you'll see for yourself. both couples get half a million each and have to spilt it.
    like i would care enough to lie.
    That doesn't seem to be a very good 'ultimate' prize. I just find it hard to believe that they have touted this prize and kept it secret for this long if that's all it is.
    Last edited by lobeck; 09-23-2003 at 05:16 PM.

On Hiatus
    This is something interesting, so I'm going to put it here. My roommate pointed out last night that if the producers were fixing the show in any way to steer towards a certain couple or person winning a "prize", it's a violation of FCC rules.

I hadn't thought about this. Unless the prize is, say, "Hey, you just spent three months in Mexico-that's the giant prize!" they would be subject to FCC rules. Which could be a reason they've been neglecting to tell us just what the prize is...they wanted to hold out the possibility that they could fix the show if they wanted then give them nothing as the humongous prize.

Because, as we all pretty much know, at this point it's fairly obvious they've been making things up as they go along.
    "Ashleigh": I just think it's sleazy. It's dirty.
    Matt: Welcome to television!
    -The Joe Schmo Show

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by Beck
    Right on funnygirl!

What on earth does this girl need to do to not be "using" Dave? Sleep with him??? hug him? suck his gross toes? buy him ice cream?

Good grapes, if someone can show some sort of profit (for lack of better words - sorry... it's late) that Charla has received by being nice to Dave, please produce it now! (And i'm not going to except fried steak, and ice cream!)
    Charla is using Dave as much as Dave is using Charla. Dave would never be able to hang with a Chick like Charla in real life. This reminds me of the time I drove 4 hot chicks to Spring Break. I got to hang with them, they took me out to dinner and the beach, and acted like I might have a chance with them. But deep down I knew I was out of their league.

Dave knows he's out of Charla's league and usally remebers it. But sometimes he forgets his place and gets his feelings hurt.

When this whole thingis over, he will be best friends whith Charla, Dave will get really rich and Charla will come running. True Paradise.

I am sorry there are so many guys out there that feel they have been backstabbed and/or misled by a pretty girl at some point in their life. I'm not speaking on behalf of these pretty girls, nor am I going to say this is true in every case, but on behalf of this pretty girl who had a couple of so-called dorks like her in her lifetime I can honestly say that I would behave exactly the way Charla is. She needs this person to get through a game she is trying to win. She has told him on more than one occassion she is not interested than more than friendship with him. Somebody pointed out earlier they are editing this to make it appear that Charla is superficial and is kicking Dave to the curb every chance she gets, but the fact of the matter is she has kept her word about keeping his back (pinky-swear).

At some point in time, I told a guy that I just wanted to be friends. In some cases, I really did because they were pretty cool like our good friend YA. In others, there was just nothing there. I was not going to go to a physics dance with them because I was not at all interested in physics or this guy, but instead of saying "you're a dork and I wouldn't be caught dead with you" I would simply say I don't see you as somebody I would like to date which is the truth. I've been accused of acting too good for some of these guys, but quite frankly I've said the same things to the Zackasses of the world too.

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by YCan'tAngieRead
    This is something interesting, so I'm going to put it here. My roommate pointed out last night that if the producers were fixing the show in any way to steer towards a certain couple or person winning a "prize", it's a violation of FCC rules.

I hadn't thought about this. Unless the prize is, say, "Hey, you just spent three months in Mexico-that's the giant prize!" they would be subject to FCC rules. Which could be a reason they've been neglecting to tell us just what the prize is...they wanted to hold out the possibility that they could fix the show if they wanted then give them nothing as the humongous prize.

Because, as we all pretty much know, at this point it's fairly obvious they've been making things up as they go along.

of course they made things up as they went along. fox had no idea how the show would turn out. they didnt use a script so the only way they can make the guest do what they wanted is to manipulate the game. if they did that or not, is beyond me. but i'm sure they did to some extent

We are usually way off, but it gives us something to do between shows.
    and it sure beats doing the work I'm being paid to do! I don't post much, but I sure enjoy reading all the speculations.

At some point in time, I told a guy that I just wanted to be friends. In some cases, I really did because they were pretty cool like our good friend YA. In others, there was just nothing there. I was not going to go to a physics dance with them because I was not at all interested in physics or this guy, but instead of saying "you're a dork and I wouldn't be caught dead with you" I would simply say I don't see you as somebody I would like to date which is the truth. I've been accused of acting too good for some of these guys, but quite frankly I've said the same things to the Zackasses of the world too.

I definetly agree with you on that. There are many numerous occasion where I too get accuse of acting like I'm too good for some guys. Only cause I don't think it's gonna work out especially where we have nothing in commen like my idea of fun is Bars,Clubs,and house parties and ect. ect. and ect. and theirs would be band clubs and debate team so instead of leading the situation on the every so popular but true speach came about. " I don't see you more than just a friend" but it is true...Because we can't date does not mean we can't be friends and hang out. I seriously don't think Charla is using Dave. They both made a pack to watch eachothers back and to win so far the both of them held up to their end of the bargain. IF she was using him I think she would of stabbed him in the back already.

+ Reply to Thread