Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: a petition worth making. help anyone?

a petition worth making. help anyone?

i am think of starting a dvd petition to send to fox. i know there are a lot of people out there that would agree with me on this. i mean i wish i could own every episode but i don't really have a vhs anymore. i fgure there is no point since i don't tape anything. i see people making all of these useless stupid threads about wanting to do this and that to the show that never helps anything like that bring back zack petition. i just need a good site to help.

i figure the dvd's could contain extras like bios the yahoo platinum clips other behind the scenes stuff. maybe director like comments where the cast members sit and talk about what they see and just cast updates.
    "I'll See You In A Toys 'R' Us With About 50 Barbie Dolls"

FORT Newbie
    I would just want all the stuff they never showed. That would be awesome.

She'll be there when I'm gone... won't she?
    Quote Originally Posted by Chick
    I would just want all the stuff they never showed. That would be awesome.
    Definately. All the footage that was edited out. I would love to see all that.
    R.I.P Willie Dog (?/?/1989-12/17/2004). Gone but never forgotten.

Welcome Zelda (and a hot of other names)! (Born 08/08/2005, adopted 10/08/2005)

Also welcome Shasta! (Born ?/?/2004, Adopted 03/??/07)

I wonder when people will realize.... petitions = useless for stuff like this.

If you care about whether or not there is a DVD, or a second season, or whatever, you need to WRITE letters (physical snail mail letters, not e-mail) to Fox and the advertisers of the show. Individually, not form letters. It takes time, and is a pain in the butt. But so do all the best things in life.

Quote Originally Posted by John
    I wonder when people will realize.... petitions = useless for stuff like this.
    wrong.

We are talking about Fox here, any potential they might have for making money they'll jump at it. In fact I am sure they have flunkies trolling these boards for show ideas, frrdback and such.

FORT Newbie
    Just out of curiousity, has any internet petition ever accomplished its goal? I am seriously asking since I hear about these things all the time, but never seem to hear about any results.

Online petitions absolutely do not work. They have zero effect except to make the signer think they're doing something worthwhile.

Now, some people may CLAIM they work, because "we got 25,000 signatures for XXX, and XXX happened, so it must work, right?" But that's specious logic, at best.

I'll repeat again, they do absolutely no good.

Fox may very well be "trolling the boards", but if they're getting show ideas and feedback that they take seriously from someplace like this, they're in worse shape than I thought.

FORT Newbie
    we need a petition to kick off all the barbie sqaud because its not like their actually worth watching. i cant stand tara or charla. and dave i dont even have to say it because everyone knows how lame he is. amy is what makes up the show. shes what makes paradise paradise!!!!!!

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by John
    Online petitions absolutely do not work. They have zero effect except to make the signer think they're doing something worthwhile.

Now, some people may CLAIM they work, because "we got 25,000 signatures for XXX, and XXX happened, so it must work, right?" But that's specious logic, at best.

I'll repeat again, they do absolutely no good.

Fox may very well be "trolling the boards", but if they're getting show ideas and feedback that they take seriously from someplace like this, they're in worse shape than I thought.

in terms of the game or saving a show i would have to agree with you. however in this case i would disagree, the slightest show of interest will prompt a dvd release. the reason is becuase a dvd release is almost pure profit for the production companies and fox. they have already spent the money on producing the show, making up the DVD's doesn't cost much in the way of additional overhead. in this case it's not about questioning the decisions of the production company or the network but showing them that there is a profit to be made. whether the map to profit comes from online or offline resources these companies are going to seek profit....
    "the hurrier i go the behinder i get" - a wise third grade shop teacher

petition is not worth it unless you get atleast say 10k sigs, um, I really hope they do put this stupid show on dvd though, I have some eps taped, and whatever, but it needs to be on dvd in full and also to have audition tapes, backstage and off camera chatter, and all that. It would kick so much ass and also make it really easy for me to buy birthday presents for friends

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast