+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: These conterstants are not 'reality'

need a lipgloss boost.. beezwax177's Avatar
    wait, wait, wait...that can't say toni-model? can it?
    can it?
    I see the dream and I see the nightmare, and I believe you can't have the dream without the nightmare. - Tori Amos

Quote Originally Posted by beezwax177
    wait, wait, wait...that can't say toni-model? can it?
    can it?
    For 'muscle' magazines- yea!

Or "playgirl"~~~

She'll be there when I'm gone... won't she?
    <--- Guy who likes to drink, but doesn't see it as a problem.

I don't know why they call it "reality TV", because it's really not real.
    R.I.P Willie Dog (?/?/1989-12/17/2004). Gone but never forgotten.

Welcome Zelda (and a hot of other names)! (Born 08/08/2005, adopted 10/08/2005)

Also welcome Shasta! (Born ?/?/2004, Adopted 03/??/07)

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by Yellow Apple
    <--- Guy who likes to drink, but doesn't see it as a problem.

I don't know why they call it "reality TV", because it's really not real.
    Reality TV = natural extension of Game Shows, IMHO. But because of the nature of some of these shows, and the public's desire to see beautiful people fall into a morass of decay and immorality, certain types are cast i'm sure.

It's all just a cheap way to make a lot of money for the networks.

Holding down the FORT... Joe_Madre's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by k1w1
    They are models and they SHOULD be models (well with a few exceptions, notably Acmy and Dave) .....and having them on the show is only fitting, don't you think? If you think for one sec that this "game" show is for "regular" folks like you and I then you're less intelligent than alot of people.

I'm not going to get in an argument here, so please make do not make assumptions as to my intelligence. Simple fact of the matter is that it was advertised to be a show real people can get on. Survivor, TAR, and the lot have casting calls where people create tapes of themselves and send them in. This show specifically said "YOU THE VIEWER COULD BE CHECKING INTO PARADISE" (check the Fox board, they still are showing that!). Yes, I understand that COULD is a very misleading word. It's just shady though. Maybe in your world everybody on TV should be a model. In my world when you say real people have a shot to get on the show, then turn around and bring on Tara who did the promo modeling, you're lying to your viewers.

*shrugs*

Doesnt mean the drama is more or less fascinating, it just means that the premise of the show was fake to begin with.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe_Madre
    I'm not going to get in an argument here, so please make do not make assumptions as to my intelligence. Simple fact of the matter is that it was advertised to be a show real people can get on. Survivor, TAR, and the lot have casting calls where people create tapes of themselves and send them in. This show specifically said "YOU THE VIEWER COULD BE CHECKING INTO PARADISE" (check the Fox board, they still are showing that!). Yes, I understand that COULD is a very misleading word. It's just shady though. Maybe in your world everybody on TV should be a model. In my world when you say real people have a shot to get on the show, then turn around and bring on Tara who did the promo modeling, you're lying to your viewers.

*shrugs*

Doesnt mean the drama is more or less fascinating, it just means that the premise of the show was fake to begin with.
    Hey no arguments here but this is FOX afterall, "lying" is like eating dinner for them...... it's their MO.... so to speak.....

Look, if "regular folks" would bring MORE viewership to their little show than "models" would then Fox would go with the "regular folks" in a heartbeat! Their ONLY and ONE concern is to make as much dough from this as possible! The moment they call PH a "reality show" make them Liars! We should be smart enough to know better... that's all I'm saying.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe_Madre
    I'll agree with this. Survivor has been very consistent....'Fear Factor' is the worst. But PAradise had this premise that real people could get on. I almost believed it when I saw Dave.....but then you hear about Dave being the Crunch and munch guy and it all goes to 'shirt' =)

<----- the guy with the drinking problem
    I think that "Dog Eat Dog" is the worst. Where do they get those people? They are all genetic freaks. I didn't know that there were that many hard bodies and big boobs in the world until that show came on.

Holding down the FORT... Joe_Madre's Avatar
    Hey no arguments here
    =) =) =)

but this is FOX afterall, "lying" is like eating dinner for them...... it's their MO.... so to speak.....

Look, if "regular folks" would bring MORE viewership to their little show than "models" would then Fox would go with the "regular folks" in a heartbeat! Their ONLY and ONE concern is to make as much dough from this as possible! The moment they call PH a "reality show" make them Liars! We should be smart enough to know better... that's all I'm saying.

I'm sure they would.... LOL

On the show The Reality of Reality TV somebody pointed out that calling them unscripted overedited game shows or something like that was just not going to catch on like reality show did.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12