Closed Thread
Page 42 of 48 FirstFirst ... 3233343536373839404142434445464748 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: 9/15 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by HulaEngr
    Agree with you on everything but this. I'm glad someone was amused by their ridiculous dialogue and "toasting". For crying out loud, it's a candy bar!! At least grab a bottled water or something...
    Awww Hula - It was too funny because the whole scene was tongue-in-cheek. And when have you ever seen a model/barbie type bite into a huge chocolate bar without running to purge right away. At first I thought they were cigars (I was on the phone -yes some rude-ass person called me between 9 and 10!) but when they bit into the candy I just about died laughing. I thought the irony of 2 skinny little girls 'toasting' with the forbidden ambrosia was delicious!
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

Quote Originally Posted by redfitgirl
    I am a first time poster. I have been "lurking" for awhile, but I couldn't resist any longer.

I agree with you, Spooksmcgee. I'd like to add that I think the producers missed out on much bigger drama here. They "should have" made Melanie either take her rival with her OR save herself by sacrificing her two "allies". That would have been much more interesting. She could have taken out Charla with her or saved herself for another chance at the game by sacrificing both Amy and Desiree. Don't get me wrong... I am on the "Barbie Brigade" all the way to the end and I'm happy with the outcome, but this scenario would have made the whole 'pick two allies and one rival' thing make more sense. What do you think?

Go DCKT!
    out of lurkdom, redfitgirl! We're glad to have you...

I love your idea! That would have forced a real decision and been much more interesting. If that had happened and Melanie opted to stay, that would have left us with Melanie, Holly, Charla, and Tara as the four remaining girls, and I'm sure the competition between Holly and Mel would have escalated dramatically. I'll be curious to see how the allies/rival situation plays out next week...
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
    - Albert Einstein

I didn't want to I had to redfitgirl's Avatar

Devious? Me?

Quote Originally Posted by Duxxy
    oHHH you are truely devious!! Hats off to ya!!
    to the Fort
    Thanks, Duxxy! What are we going to do if the PH finale is on at the same time as "The Bachelor" premier? I can't miss Bob as the new Bachelor, but PH has me hooked... it's like TV crack!

FORT Regular
    Okay, y'all know I'm with the Barbies and all, but I went back to the TiVo to take another laff at Des and her guacamole comment, and I noticed something disturbing.

Charla asks what the avocado is!!! She had no idea.
    Des actually said "it's FOR the guacamole."
    There was no mention of tomatos at all.

Nobody there could figure out what the pork loin was, and Charla was cutting it up all wrong...

On the subject of food, not only was Amy grossly incompetent in food prep, but also, in the previews for Wednesday, she eats a spoonful of cereal as if she were a starving dog. They edited in some nice disgusted reaction shots from Charla and Holly.

I don't see Dave talking to Tom in the preview, as some have mentioned. He's talking to Beau in one shot. Beau looks a little strange so maybe that caused confusion.

Tom is crying in one shot.

The 2-frame flash shots don't give away any spoilers. They used shots from yesterday's elimination. They also use shots from Wednesdays, but nothing that reveals anything.

Wonder why no one has theorized that Dave has to pick either Charla or Tara to go home. Hey, anything could happen.

I don't think there would be much drama if Dave had to choose between Charla or Tara. He and Charla is a team and Tara is an understanding person.

I hope it never comes to that though.

LG.
    I was thinking that after Melanie was named the first bootee that it would be up to her rival (Charla) to choose between her two allies (Des and Amy) who would be leaving with Melanie. That shifts the power to the rival of the booted person. I like redfitgirl's idea about taking out her rival with her or Melanie staying "in play" by sacrificing allies Des and Amy, but doubt that anyone (and esp not Mel, who had just stepped back into the game and probably everyone felt didn't "deserve" to be there) would sacrifice two "friends" on national tv. Who knows. I wish Charla would have had her choice so she could have sent Amy packing straight for the dermatologist.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

Quote Originally Posted by redfitgirl
    Thanks, Duxxy! What are we going to do if the PH finale is on at the same time as "The Bachelor" premier? I can't miss Bob as the new Bachelor, but PH has me hooked... it's like TV crack!
    Yeah that! I told my husband we need Tivo cuz we can't possibly keep up with all these shows. I don't think he bought my reasoning, I need to keep working on him.

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnydollar
    I think the key to whether the producers are 'scripting' this to favor one 'side' or another lies with the 'ultimate prize'. The laws are very clear that if this is a game, with a prize, they cannot slant the competitions to favor anyone. Federal crime. But if the 'ultimate prize' is just to be the last person standing, they can probably make up things as they go along, design competitions and 'twists' to reward their favorites, etc. Of course, they could script the whole thing, right down to the winners, if all the players are in on it and just playing roles for the cameras.
    [QUOTE]

YOU HAVE TO REMEMBER THAT THIS IS SHOT OUTSIDE THE USA, THE LAW DOSEN'T APPLY

:)

Quote Originally Posted by piglet
    Yeah that! I told my husband we need Tivo cuz we can't possibly keep up with all these shows. I don't think he bought my reasoning, I need to keep working on him.
    a woman after my own heart...

Your husband needs a bonk upside the head to set him straight,
    if your wife is asking for you to get a Tivo, shut up and accept the gift!

FORT Newbie
    [QUOTE=darwin]

YOU HAVE TO REMEMBER THAT THIS IS SHOT OUTSIDE THE USA, THE LAW DOSEN'T APPLY
    I'm not sure if this is true. I recall that there was a recent case where an American company was sued under US law for it's illegal conduct in foreign territory. I Am Not A Lawyer (unlike Zack -- sorry couldn't resist), and I'm sure international law/trade law is a huge mess that I wouldn't touch with a 10' pole.

Closed Thread