Closed Thread
Page 41 of 48 FirstFirst ... 313233343536373839404142434445464748 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: 9/15 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

FORT Newbie
    oh, one last thing on Melanie:

First, despite being on the originals team, I don't think she actually had a grudge against Charla. The flippant way she chose Charla suggests that she just needed a rival to put down and since she didn't care either way whether it be Tara or Charla, she chose Charla because she was the one who happened to eliminate her before.

Secondly, I get the feeling that Scott and Melanie will be seeing each other after the show. There was really no (game-related) reason for her to fall on her sword like that; you'd only do that if you wanted to impress someone for later on. And I think Scott picked up on that, which is why his in-game sham relationship with Holly is getting so annoying.

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by mrdobolina
    Maxim?? I think it'll be Playboy...or Penthouse with all those lesbian overtones!

I'll buy it....whichever
    I'd put my order in right this second if I thought it was possible. Maybe they'll make a movie...or at least a 30 second mpeg.

FORT Newbie

What was the deal with people's "rivals?"

I was confused by this. Why did they have to put down their rivals? It didn't seem like it came into play at all, since the elminiation of Desiree was based solely on her being "an ally."

Or did I iss something here?

FORT Newbie
    Did anyone else think it was laughable what Desiree did at the end of the show? She startys crying and "volunteers" to go. Um, she would have been the one to go anyway, anbd everyone knew that, so her fake attempt at being noble was pretty lame. And why was she crying? Amy was allied with her solely because of the game, she wasn;t friends with her. Notice how almost no one cared after Desiree was kicked off?

Quote Originally Posted by Spooksmcgee
    I was confused by this. Why did they have to put down their rivals? It didn't seem like it came into play at all, since the elminiation of Desiree was based solely on her being "an ally."

Yeah, it was a mess the way it was presented. Scott summed it up best when he said he doesn't consider anyone his rival because rival, to him, means that it is somebody he doesn't like. It sounded like they were all trying to play in a twist but were afraid to stay with their gut feeling (Mel: I knew this was going to happen).

Anyway, am I the only dork here who, like Dave, started writing down peoples names and picks?

FORT Newbie
    Am i missing something? Why was Desiree "destined" to go? It's not like Amy and Melanie were any tighter than Amy and Desiree. Add to that Amy's rant about how she would gladly give up her space on the show to keep someone else on, and Desiree's elimination seems far from being a sure thing. And of course, Amy didn't insist on being the one to go like she said she would during her tear-filled pity-fest.

I guess I don't understand why so many people have a knee-jerk negative reaction to anything she does. Sure, the crying bit was overdone, but everyone on the show has been pretty over-the-top at one point or another.

Quote Originally Posted by Duxxy
    LOVED Charla and Tara toasting themselves with the giant Twix bars LOl that was so darned cute.
    Agree with you on everything but this. I'm glad someone was amused by their ridiculous dialogue and "toasting". For crying out loud, it's a candy bar!! At least grab a bottled water or something...
    HulaEngr

"A career is wonderful thing, but you can't snuggle up to it on a cold night." ~ Marilyn Monroe

I didn't want to I had to redfitgirl's Avatar

Allies and rivals

Quote Originally Posted by Spooksmcgee

I am a first time poster. I have been "lurking" for awhile, but I couldn't resist any longer.

I agree with you, Spooksmcgee. I'd like to add that I think the producers missed out on much bigger drama here. They "should have" made Melanie either take her rival with her OR save herself by sacrificing her two "allies". That would have been much more interesting. She could have taken out Charla with her or saved herself for another chance at the game by sacrificing both Amy and Desiree. Don't get me wrong... I am on the "Barbie Brigade" all the way to the end and I'm happy with the outcome, but this scenario would have made the whole 'pick two allies and one rival' thing make more sense. What do you think?

Go DCKT!

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by redfitgirl
    I am a first time poster. I have been "lurking" for awhile, but I couldn't resist any longer.

I agree with you, Spooksmcgee. I'd like to add that I think the producers missed out on much bigger drama here. They "should have" made Melanie either take her rival with her OR save herself by sacrificing her two "allies". That would have been much more interesting. She could have taken out Charla with her or saved herself for another chance at the game by sacrificing both Amy and Desiree. Don't get me wrong... I am on the "Barbie Brigade" all the way to the end and I'm happy with the outcome, but this scenario would have made the whole 'pick two allies and one rival' thing make more sense. What do you think?

Go DCKT!
    Yeah, eliminating your rival would be the logical thing to do, but not when the producers have an agenda. OTOH, that's a GREAT suggestion about saving yourself and eliminating your 2 allies. Man, that would have been sick!

The rival thing was probably just insurance in case things didn't go the way the producers planned. Or, it could have repercussions next week.

Quote Originally Posted by redfitgirl

Go DCKT!
    oHHH you are truely devious!! Hats off to ya!!
    to the Fort
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

Closed Thread