Closed Thread
Page 40 of 48 FirstFirst ... 30313233343536373839404142434445464748 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: 9/15 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Bellenote
    Scott has definitely been playing the game the sneaky way.
    I really think Scott is the most 'honest' one there! How is walking away when someone tries to cuddle with you being sneaky towards them?

Quote Originally Posted by HiMyNameIsSara
    I'd REALLY like to see Holly grow a brain and pick Tom instead of Scott at the next elimination. Scott's been a total dick to her, yet she still keeps coming back for more. I just think it would be great if she just told him to shove it and picked Tom. I doubt it would happen, though.
    I don't think Scott has been a dick to her. I think he's been honest. Kind of like Charla and Dave. Scott has told her that he is playing the game and that this "relationship" of theirs will not survive outside of the game. Holly is trying to make them the new married couple there.

Quote Originally Posted by piglet
    I really think Scott is the most 'honest' one there! How is walking away when someone tries to cuddle with you being sneaky towards them?
    I agree, piglet. I think the only reason why he did that was because he didn't want Holly to walk in. I think he really liked Melanie and is tiring of Holly. He seemed pretty upset that Melanie left and seemed to feel that it was Holly's fault which it kind of was. Melanie wanted to go with Scott but new that he would stick with Holly not because he wanted to necessarily but because he felt he had too. Also, she might have felt that if she chose Scott and Holly was eliminated because of it Scott would be mad at her. Bottom line, Melanie didn't have a chance during the roommate selection, unless like she said there was a twist that worked for her.

Also, Melanie needs to find clothes that don't accentuate her ASSets.
    *smooches*

FORT Newbie
    I think the key to whether the producers are 'scripting' this to favor one 'side' or another lies with the 'ultimate prize'. The laws are very clear that if this is a game, with a prize, they cannot slant the competitions to favor anyone. Federal crime. But if the 'ultimate prize' is just to be the last person standing, they can probably make up things as they go along, design competitions and 'twists' to reward their favorites, etc. Of course, they could script the whole thing, right down to the winners, if all the players are in on it and just playing roles for the cameras.

Quote Originally Posted by freefall120mph
    10 bucks says Tara and Charla get a Maxim magazine photo spread in a few months and are immortalized together....FOREVER!!!
    Maxim?? I think it'll be Playboy...or Penthouse with all those lesbian overtones!

I'll buy it....whichever
    "You don't own a TV?!? What's all your furniture pointed at?" Joey Tribianni

It's not who you are underneath, but what you do that defines you.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnydollar
    I think the key to whether the producers are 'scripting' this to favor one 'side' or another lies with the 'ultimate prize'. The laws are very clear that if this is a game, with a prize, they cannot slant the competitions to favor anyone. Federal crime. But if the 'ultimate prize' is just to be the last person standing, they can probably make up things as they go along, design competitions and 'twists' to reward their favorites, etc. Of course, they could script the whole thing, right down to the winners, if all the players are in on it and just playing roles for the cameras.
    In response to this, I have to say that when Amy, Beau and Tom were sitting on the steps talking about the "good people leaving" I couldn't help but wonder when these folks were going to get a clue. The evil is finally being sucked out of that hotel...good riddance I say.

Can I just reiterate that this show is like crack? I can't believe I just read 20 pages of posts about last night's show (which I watched, so its not like I needed to be filled on the details). Thank God it is over soon...
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
    - Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by enigmata
    Scott's 30 too, so I'm a little creeped out with him and his choice of lady-friend. Ick dude, she was 12 when he was getting into a bar for the first time (legally). She was 9 when he became old enough to vote. She was 7 when he got his driver's license.

Okay, maybe Holly's closer to 23 or 24, but still, there's a big difference in maturity, life experience, etc.
    Gosh, my husband and I are 7 years apart (but we met at 26 & 33) and its really not that big of a deal. It seemed to me that Scott was originally upset with her that she never asked how he felt that his friend had to leave. Then she really screwed up by starting in on the "talking to the enemy" bit. Thats where life experience tells you to just shut up when you are behind.

unlike some of the other posters I dont think the producers really care who wins as long as the 'good v.s. evil' thing will continue until the end... so the twists are going to get even more twisted.
    I was so happy to see Desiree and her big fat mouth walk up those stairs! Melanie I think is pretty cool IRL, I wouldnt be surprised if she and Scott 'kept in touch" Holly and Scott on the other hand have already peaked and they are now on the downward spiral... dont look for a second pair of lovebirds here.
    The ummm "feast" that the girls prepared for the men was utterly disgusting!! I cant believe that young women in their 20's have no idea how to cook.. ferchristsakes any idiot can throw chicken on a bbq and close the damned lid! well any idiot but these idiots I guess.
    Amy licking her fingers, the spoon, the bowl was gag-me disgusting!! I thought I was going to hurl! Nothing turns my stomach more.. (well other than the bums downtown who blow their nose by pinching one nostril closed and blowing out the other one)
    The Dave and Charla - I'll send you home if you want to go chat was ummm strange??
    LOVED Charla and Tara toasting themselves with the giant Twix bars LOl that was so darned cute.
    Poor Keith not feeling well. (at least we know Tara could survive on BB too, she knows how to make PBJ)
    Beau is stupid, Amy is stupider (I know that's not a word I had to make one up because she is so beyond plain ole' stupid)
    Tom is out there... waaaaaaay out there
    I can't wait for tomorrow night!!
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

FORT Newbie

oops

Hmmm, I thought Desiree, by picking first, was immune from elimination but it seems that I was wrong -- she was only picking first with no other benefit. How much do you wanna bet that if Tom hadn't sniffed out the producer's plans, the black-room person would not only have picked first, but would have been granted immunity? God. The whole genius (if you could call it that) is the freakin open-ended nature of EVERY DAMN THING. Straight eliminations at this point favors the minority team; they can do this any time they want to even out the numbers.

On the other hand, I can see how this was inevitable anyway, and the whole ally/rival thing only serves to hurry the process. I mean, we could have gone through this another week and the same shit would have happened -- CDTK would ban together to protect themselves, and the originals would have to continue to lower their numbers until they were even. Charlafan's suggestion that they should have allowed the eliminated person's rival to pick an ally would have been hilarious; maybe you should think about producing your own sick and twisted TV show =)

Does anyone remember who Tom picked for allies/rival? I would think that this survey doesn't raise it's ugly head again since alliances can shift and what's expedient this week may not be the next, but you never know. He does seem like a goner, unless he makes a play for Holly.

Anyway, as far as I can tell, the real players on this game are now Keith, Tara, Scott, and Tom (although Tom is in a BAD position now). I think Charla and Dave are given way too much credit; if it hadn't been for Keith, they'd both be dead. They might be good at surviving, but I don't think they have the will or the skill to successfully maneuver another person off.

Last thought -- Beau's appeal to Amy to stay was so self-serving it was laughable, but Amy eating up his reference to Zack was just too funny (in a pathetic kinda way). It was such a WWJD moment. Maybe someone should make Amy a What Would Zack Do T-shirt or something.

Closed Thread