+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ultimate Prize w/o personality comments

Quote Originally Posted by Daddio
    Perhaps this means that the winners will be given the opportunity to be a part of PH II and maybe start out that show as King & Queen or some sort of other power base. Or also be given the option of a cash prize to quit now. We know ther will be a PHII so why not bring back an old couple from PHI.

This is not an unusual tactic on game shows or other reality shows. "For Love or Money" is a very recent example, do you want the prize money or do you want to go onto round two where you can either double your money or lose it all. Same as with the old "Lets Make a Deal" - do you want the microwave and $500 or whats behind curtain #2. It adds another level of intrigue to an already fascinating show.

Lets see, either take the money, or spend another three months to be yelled at for a "mystery" prize.... I think only Beau is dumb enough not to take the cash!!
    Reality TV

1. America's Top Model: Eva
    2. The Apprentice: Andy
    3. Survivor: Julie

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by croftchrism
    Lets see, either take the money, or spend another three months to be yelled at for a "mystery" prize.... I think only Beau is dumb enough not to take the cash!!
    I agree that it may look that way on the surface - but lets consider the bigger picture.

That also translates to another three months of free room and board and a luxurious resort, three more months of whatever cash per-diem/stipend they receive and most importantly, three more months of screen-time twice a week on network television. Lets keep in mind that many Reality TV contestents are budding actors/actresses.

Quote Originally Posted by flotsette
    Ultimate doesn't necessarily mean it's the greatest prize in the world. It just means that ultimately, at the end, there will be one.
    Well obviously, but using that logic they could be playing for the leftover cheese bits from Holly's overnighter's with Beau and Scott.

I like to think that the Barbies took the heat from the returnees for a shot at winning something decent.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Quote Originally Posted by fluff
    Well obviously, but using that logic they could be playing for the leftover cheese bits from Holly's overnighter's with Beau and Scott.

I like to think that the Barbies took the heat from the returnees for a shot at winning something decent.
    Amen to that Fluff. However, the fact that FOX (or more literally Hostess Amanda) won't tell the guests what the ultimate prize is yet make me wonder if she does will those who have had to endure more walk when they realize how lame the prize is?

I just don't know, It's so hard to tell with this show.

I seem to recall a lot of people "leaving Paradise FOREVER...", then coming back
    "That's Numberwang!"

People have mentioned PHII. I think that, since Fox has all but officially announced (and maybe they announced today) that they are planning a PHII, they can't completely screw over the guests. The prize will need to be good -- and probably creative -- to generate the widespread casting interest and a bigger fan base for next year. Granted, casting is less relevant because as several people have pointed out, there will be plenty of people, particularly the type of people they want to cast for this show, willing to do it for the stipend and the recognition. As a fan, though, if the ultimate prize is a stick of gum, I'm not watching next time. Although this is illogical, as the prize should have no relevance to fans since they don't receive it, I think others would feel the same way. And, ironically, Fox might realize that giving them a crap prize, given the way this show has gone, might just be too predictable.

That said, if the Ultimate Prize (I can't type that without hearing Amanda's voice) is the hotel (about which I am skeptical), it might be the biggest prize in the history of reality television. That hotel, from what I have seen, has to be substantially more than a $1M going concern.

The prize? I imagine that FOX producers are scanning message-boards for ideas as we speak ... er, type.

Personally, I hope that if DCKT win, the prize is big enough to compensate them for enduring all the abuse.

And if the Originals win? How about copies of John Milton's "Paradise Lost" and "Paradise Regained?"

She'll be there when I'm gone... won't she?
    Quote Originally Posted by funnygirl422
    Than I have to believe it's another summer in Paradise with the guest of their choice without t.v. cameras etc.
    I said the same thing long ago. That would be funny if it was really the case. Well, maybe not funny to the contestants, but to us viewers... hilarious.
    R.I.P Willie Dog (?/?/1989-12/17/2004). Gone but never forgotten.

Welcome Zelda (and a hot of other names)! (Born 08/08/2005, adopted 10/08/2005)

Also welcome Shasta! (Born ?/?/2004, Adopted 03/??/07)

Quote Originally Posted by Yellow Apple
    I said the same thing long ago. That would be funny if it was really the case. Well, maybe not funny to the contestants, but to us viewers... hilarious.
    IT depends. I think Charal would flip out. I get the impression she likes being waited on hand and foot, however, I believe she would prefer a different setting.

She'll be there when I'm gone... won't she?
    Quote Originally Posted by funnygirl422
    IT depends. I think Charal would flip out. I get the impression she likes being waited on hand and foot, however, I believe she would prefer a different setting.
    Yeah, like the frozen tundra of the far north, since she IS from Siberia, I mean Minnesota.
    R.I.P Willie Dog (?/?/1989-12/17/2004). Gone but never forgotten.

Welcome Zelda (and a hot of other names)! (Born 08/08/2005, adopted 10/08/2005)

Also welcome Shasta! (Born ?/?/2004, Adopted 03/??/07)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast