+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anyone have a Recap of 09/10 Episode.

Our writers are chosen based primarily on the content of their "regular" posts, of those we think would be a good fit for the personality of our site, and who show some writing talent. When we feel like we need to add a writer or two, we invite them individually, and ask them to do a short mini-cap of a show to give us an idea of their style, and them an idea of what it takes to churn out a witty recap on demand. Assuming everything goes well with that, they're invited to be a writer.

As a writer, they are expected to contribute regularly to the site's articles - either a recap, or contributions to our community articles (Top 10, Survivor Shadows, etc.) each week.

Several of our moderators (those whose names are in red, versus blue for the writers) also write, but it is not required for their "job". Some of them just like to do it.

So, my advice would be to keep contributing to the site as a regular member, and I guarantee you'll make the list of writer candidates if the mods like what they see.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by John
    Our writers are chosen based primarily on the content of their "regular" posts, of those we think would be a good fit for the personality of our site, and who show some writing talent. When we feel like we need to add a writer or two, we invite them individually, and ask them to do a short mini-cap of a show to give us an idea of their style, and them an idea of what it takes to churn out a witty recap on demand. Assuming everything goes well with that, they're invited to be a writer.

As a writer, they are expected to contribute regularly to the site's articles - either a recap, or contributions to our community articles (Top 10, Survivor Shadows, etc.) each week.

Several of our moderators (those whose names are in red, versus blue for the writers) also write, but it is not required for their "job". Some of them just like to do it.

So, my advice would be to keep contributing to the site as a regular member, and I guarantee you'll make the list of writer candidates if the mods like what they see.
    Thank you very much for the information John. I will do just that and hope that they do indeed like what the see of my posts.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12