+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Should PH guests be allowed to SUE producers?

Should PH guests be allowed to SUE producers?

According the new bravo special series, Reality for Reality (not sure if I have the correct name, sorry!). Contestants have EVERY right to sue should the producers interfere with the outcome of the show. I'm not sure what the contract for PH guest states, but accoring to producers interviewed last night for this new series -- these contestants have EVERY right to sue the producers unless it stated that the producers have the right to change their minds and make rules up as they come. Producers are not allowed to make guests vote the way they want them to (Stillman suit), nor are they allowed to interfere with who gets voted off and when due to changes in the rules.

In this case, if I were Dave/Charla/Keith/Tara, if I did not come out a winner due to this new "twist" allowing old guests back on to visit and then stay, I would sue the PANTS off of Fox! So Barbie 4 if you are reading this, SUE Fox for all they are worth!

Then again, the gag rule just ended for season one of Survivor and Joel Klug stated that there is a lot to be said about what really happened but he has seen what has happened to those who have made a beef about things and so for now he is NOT going to speak his mind.
    "There's a hooker in Trenton who wants her shoes back." C a r s o n

FORT Fogey
    My guess is when you sign the contract to go on the show it's a long 20 page document that states they can do this and do that and do the other as well.

shy
    FORT Newbie
    well... in america, finding a reason to sue some one else seems to be almost as easy as having a pulse...

as for HP guests... i doubt they will sue. most of them have an IQ of... oh... 68?

Quote Originally Posted by CharlaFan
    My guess is when you sign the contract to go on the show it's a long 20 page document that states they can do this and do that and do the other as well.
    according to producers and writers etc. (not contestants) that were interviewed last night, the producers have NEVER been allowed to have a say in the final outcome.

we ALL know that the producers have manipulated this series to a fault!

one source cited was the manhunt farce where they re-created things in griffith park and the investigative journalist, peter lance, was on hand and filmed re-enactments. only one contestant refused to participate and she had been the first booted, but she stated that she signed up to do a reality show and that was all she was doing...she also claimed the producers stopped and made her have an interview while she was running to help someone who had been hit and this led to her demise. there was a lawsuit here but the case was surprisingly even with a ton of evidence the producers of manhunt were found not guilty but the suit was not brought on by people in the show.

I would think you're right about that Charlafan.

I'm sure the contract doesn't say anything specific in terms of any changes they might make to the show, but I would bet they have it written in that they can basically do what they want.

I can recall when The Mole II was rescheduled someone posted an article stating that if ABC decided against showing it at a later time the winner would not get the cash.

I believe the same is true of The Family.

These contracts tend to cover every eventuality.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Quote Originally Posted by shy
    well... in america, finding a reason to sue some one else seems to be almost as easy as having a pulse...

as for HP guests... i doubt they will sue. most of them have an IQ of... oh... 68?
    i'm not a fan of lawsuits but if the producers manipulated the outcome of who won, then they deserve to be sued!

another case in point was a girl that the producers asked to be kept on manhunt to keep viewer ratings up as she was a "hottie." this should not be allowed if this is "reality". we all know it isn't, but should the producers have a right to interfere in this game? i bet the majority would say NO!

btw they are showing another one of these shows tonight on bravo or a rerun of last nights show. i hope more people get to watch because it brings up a lot of good points -- and not just for paradise hotel but all reality shows, this show has just showed the most producer manipulation of any other show i have ever seen!

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    I fell asleep while watching Reality for Reality.

But was WIDE awake for PH.

Hug me!
    OMG ? Sue ? you got to be kidding me, right ? WHen you signed on to Paradise Hotel... you are going to expecting "Twists". May be the original should sue the TPTB because they gave Keith the power to eliminate Toni or Tara to eliminate Amanda.
    "Charla is intelligent and beautiful and I just felt really stupid for picking ... for, you know... liking someone that wasn't available really.. certainly not to me." Quote from Dave (Paradise Hotel).

FORT Regular
    there is one thing all of you people are seriously overlooking - $$$ - and justice in America is only for those who can afford it - right or wrong - do you really think that any of the guests on PH could afford an attorney or have even an ounce of influence close to what Rupert Murdock (FOX) has?

Sorry, but American law is written so ambiguosly that the better attorney almost always wins - it was designed that way on purpose - to protect the minority (the rich) from the majority (ordinary working people) - this can also be seen in the enormous complexity of the Federal Tax codes as well - it's too confusing for 'normal' people to understand - and allows an elitist class to absolve themselves of anything they want - Kenneth Lay (former Enron CEO) basically stole billions and billions of dollars from American citizens (as well as there own employees) and he will live out the rest of his life as one of America's richest men in the lap of luxury, while the guy who steals a piece of meat from the grocery store because he's hungry goes to jail.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast