+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: the 'fab four'

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Daddio
    Hi Funny Girl,

I will give you two that immediately come to mind.

Charla has commented during a confesional that she could never be intimate with Dave because he doesnt have proper foot hygeine.

Charla has talked sweet as pie and reassuringly on the phone with Dave, only to hang-up and then call him "phsyco"
    Those are the only two that come to mind because those are the only two times it has happend. Unless you consider calling him high maintenance talking behind his back too. I dont think the psycho thing was a big deal at all. I have called my friends psycho before, I dont think they would care. The foot thing, that was probably embarassing to Dave. But, that was also when they first knew each other, and when Dave first came on the show he was definitely not the most likeable guy. I think the worst part about Andon and Zackass or any of the originals telling Dave that "Charla is not his friend because she talks bad about him" is, that Zack and Alex and the rest of them made fun of him behind his back way more than charla did. They would dare him to do stuff just because they knew he would do it. Of course, the things would always be humilating things.

Ok.. lets really get this straight. There are 11 people living in a lush hotel. All started out as strangers, some have found common groud, some have found they just dont fit in. All of them are there FOR THE MONEY. Or at least thats what they assume the prize is. Few of these relationships will be long lasting, all of these relationships will change when they are influenced on the outside world.
    Really, who cares about a few flip remarks Charla made about Dave his first week in the hotel. Who cares that Kristen probably infected half of the male population? Who cares that Amy will end up in a battered women's shelter with her 3 egotistical kids (well, actually that one bothers me) This is a game. The originals lost sight of that (boozy haze will do that to you) but the Barbies have NEVER lost sight of that fact. IMO the Barbies have played the game the best. Charla is not a manipulator, she just found like minded people to help her carry out her plan. Keith, Charla and Dave are the brains of the operation, while Miss Tara has helped by being their henchman - when needed. This is an equal crew without a clear leader, but with some brilliant strategizing.. from day 1. Not even Ruben205 could fault them for that.
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by funnygirl422
    Hey Daddio, Charla's confessional about Dave's foot hygiene was also brought up to his face during Pandora's Box. So it's not like she never mentioned it to him.

Dave IS psycho sometimes. He gets very insecure the closer that a vote off threatening his existence there comes around. He starts to annoy a lot of people digging for compliments, reassuring that he's everybody's friend, etc.

When Charla said this she was rolling her eyes and grinning. Kind of like you did as a kid when your mother was asking if you had on clean underwear before you left the house. You weren't talking smack about your mama behind her back you were relieving the exasperation with humor, that's all!
    Well, what can I say? I'n my humble opinion - and I fully admit that I may be wrong - I just dont feel that Charla has any real feelings for Dave and that she has always seen him as her safe passage through the rough seas of Paradise. Do I think that Dave has somewhat won her over with his genuineness of personality, yes, would she eventually turn on him if it suited her purpose, yes I think so. But hey - that is just me.

Charla has feelings for Dave.. but much to his chagrin they are not the 'meet you at the door wearing nothing but a smile' kinda feelings
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

FORT Regular
    Well, what can I say? I'n my humble opinion - and I fully admit that I may be wrong - I just dont feel that Charla has any real feelings for Dave and that she has always seen him as her safe passage through the rough seas of Paradise. Do I think that Dave has somewhat won her over with his genuineness of personality, yes, would she eventually turn on him if it suited her purpose, yes I think so. But hey - that is just me.
    I really do think that Charla does have feelings for Dave. Would she have a relationship with him, I dont think so. But I really do believe they will be friends after the show. As well as Tara and Keith.

You are right on Daddio! She does not have feelings for Dave outside of we're two friends who have helped each other through a pretty difficult GAME!!! So, I agree, if it came down to her or Dave, she would definitely feed Dave to the sharks to win the game. Charla may be a Barbie Girl, but she's one of the most fierce competitors I have seen in a long time!

FORT Fogey
    Charla may be a Barbie Girl, but she's one of the most fierce competitors I have seen in a long time!
    I agree that CDKT are indeed playing the game and that they have pretty much been the only ones who realize that it is a game.

But I do have to ask, what aspects of her personality have led you to believe that she is "fierce?" Toni is fierce, Amy is fierce but I dont think fierce is a word I would use to describe Charla - even in the manner which she plays the game. She avoids confrontation at any cost, hides in her room, has had several crying fits, had to be talked into continuing the game on more than one occassion.

Shrewd? yes, Cunning? yes Conniving? Yes, Fierce? Nah

Please dont get me wrong. I am not saying I dont like Charla. I do. The whole point of my initial reply to this thread was that - as players in the game - there is something about Charla and Tara that sets off my alarms. I still like them both better than the other HO-tel guests and if I was a guest myself - I would definately be part of the DCKT group as opposed to the "others". And this is because they seem like much better people. Keith and Dave especially are guys I would hang aroudn with in the real-world as it were. Would I pal around with Charla or Tara in the real-world. Not likely, and therefore I would also likely trust Dave and Keith more than Charla or Tara - but of course I am a man and in order to continue on the show I would have to form an alliance with either Tara or Charla and of the two I would chose Charla. But keeping in mind that she would be my "partner in crime" and nothing more. I tend to call it like I see it unlike my friend Dave.

But hey, isn't it great to be an American where we can have this sort of friendly disagreement?
    Last edited by Daddio; 09-12-2003 at 03:34 PM.

Charla has talked sweet as pie and reassuringly on the phone with Dave, only to hang-up and then call him "phsyco"[/QUOTE]

I for one have certainly called more than one friend a phsyco (when they are acting like one) to their face and right after getting off the phone with them. I think Charla has been more than honest w/ dave and i think out of everyone there dave/charla and keith/tara may maintain some kind of relationship after this is all over, sort of like being in prision or the military with someone who thinks like you do. Both of the exapmles that have been given are harmless and if Dave gets his feeling hurt over those two little things then maybe he's a little too sensitive. and really, if he's not bothered by it neither should you.

as far as the brilliant theory that the "idiots" will have to get rid of two of their own is thrilling. if it's true i'm going to pee my pants.

But I do have to ask, what aspects of her personality have led you to believe that she is "fierce?" Toni is fierce, Amy is fierce but I dont think fierce is a word I would use to describe Charla - even in the manner which she plays the game. She avoids confrontation at any cost, hides in her room, has had several crying fits, had to be talked into continuing the game on more than one occassion.

Shrewd? yes, Cunning? yes Conniving? Yes, Fierce? Nah

Hey Daddio I love a good debate before lunch so I will continue this.

Notice I put the word "fierce" in front of the word "competitor". Fierce, in this case is being used as an adjective to decribe what type of competitor she is. Notice how she'll lay in bed talking about how crazy she is or sit next to the toilet crying for, what appears to be, hours on end; but when it comes down to major decision making time she bounces right back? This is the competitor in her.
    You were correct when you used the word fierce as an adjective to describe the character of Amy and Toni but could not make that connection to Charla. Amy and Toni are not "fierce" competitors because they don't compete they just bully and hope people are too afraid to vote against them as opposed to using the shrewdness, cunning and conniving it will take to win this game.

FORT Fogey
    Amy and Toni are not "fierce" competitors because they don't compete they just bully and hope people are too afraid to vote against them as opposed to using the shrewdness, cunning and conniving it will take to win this game.
    Absolutely, and I meant those words as compliments to Charla. Charla and Tara are both complex. Toni, Amy, Kristin etc. are all one trick ponies (although in Kristin's case the term "trick" can have a whole nother meaning and I doubt the number "one" would be anywhere in the vicinity - but I digress). That is why I would side with Charla and Kara if I here a guest at the hotel. But I would also have some alarms go off because of their complexity. They arent as easy to read and therefore they are mysterious and should be approached with caution. This is why they not only remain but were able to shift the balance of power. The Tonis and Amys are not complex nor are they self-sufficient and have to hide behind the mob mentality. They can only exist as long as there is strength in numbers and we are watching their little civilization slowly crumble under the wieght of its own bloated ego.

Also well noted about your use of the word fierce.

I also love a good debate. I look forward to the next time you and I can toss gaunlets across a friendly battlefield.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast