+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Next installment of PH - No entertainment?

FORT Newbie

Next installment of PH - No entertainment?

Okay, so Fox really screwed up by allowing the old guests to watch everything peolple said, and THEN come back to the show, which is totally insane.

So why would the next guests of PH say ANYTHING that could get them in trouble? I would think they would have zero incentive to make "confessionals" to the camera or strategize with other gusts in front of the cameras. So what you end up with is a bunch of people manuipulating each other all the time, and only talking out of camera range.

If I was on the next show, you would not catch me sayoing a single negative thing about anyone else. The only way I would be is if I was in the pool with my mike off, which would make for very boring reality TV.

If you watch Temptation island you know that people dont care. On TI they know that they are going to show their significant others videotapes of their bad behavior but they do it anyway

I dunno. Would it necessary be a bad thing if PH2 shifted a bit and became more about strategy and people fooling each other? It's an evolution, not a revolution. And likely PH would change and sequester people next time as well anyway.

I agree stargazer, I think they will easily be able to trawl Arizona for more people willing to be on the next installment.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Nerds Just Wanna Have Fun Boredom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fluff
    I agree stargazer, I think they will easily be able to trawl Arizona for more people willing to be on the next installment.

I've got to agree with Fluffster and stargazer, I don't think the people really care. I mean, after the first reality tv show ever you would THINK that future constestants would try not to make themselves look like asses, but, hey, they still do.

As long as you have people like Zack, Toni and Amy, who act without thinking and never believe they are wrong, you will be able to cast a reality show of this type.

Toni goes on reality shows rather than do a "real" job and you will always get people who think they are one reality show away from making it big.

The show will go on, it'll just have less and less to do with "reality".
    "That's Numberwang!"

FORT Fogey
    The show will go on, it'll just have less and less to do with "reality".
    Are you telling me being jammed inside a hotel for a couple months is not real? How about being stuck on an island without food?

Anachronism before Noon Cat Bowling Champion Anemic Dog's Avatar
    Given FOX's reputation, I'm guessing they have a new reality show lined up for next summer's minor sweeps:

Prison B*tch

I hear they've already signed Toni and Zack.
    Passing over to the Dark Side

Quote Originally Posted by CharlaFan
    Are you telling me being jammed inside a hotel for a couple months is not real? How about being stuck on an island without food?
    I don't really undestand what you're saying here.
    My point was, reality shows have fewer and fewer "ordinary" people applying for them.
    TAR used casting agents to recruit many of their teams this season for example.

There are still people like Toni who probably think being on a reality show is their way of becoming famous and getting a hosting gig of some kind for another show.
    I wouldn't be at all surprised if in the future (if it isn't happening already) reality show contestants will be actors playing roles.
    I can see that happening as the producers set their sites on making more and more outrageous shows.
    "That's Numberwang!"

FORT Fogey
    I don't really undestand what you're saying here.
    My point was, reality shows have fewer and fewer "ordinary" people applying for them.
    I was just being a lil sarcastic saying that the situations they put these people in are not realistic. Although your point is true, alot of times the peopel who do these things are a bunch of media whores.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast