Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can someone explain why I'm now getting no sleep because of all the rampant postings?

On Hiatus

Can someone explain why I'm now getting no sleep because of all the rampant postings?

I wanted to say to all the new posters in this board...

But also, I wanted to ask this: what has happened in the last couple of weeks that posting here has gone wacko? New folks, this is your chance to tell me why you came out of the woodwork...because I'm honestly confused at the intense interest in this show all of a sudden compared to other shows.

Maybe just more regular posters are posting at a inhuman pace or something.

Seems like I left for Labor Day Weekend and some weird edict went out on the internet to visit this board....
    Last edited by YCan'tAngieRead; 09-05-2003 at 12:21 PM. Reason: Because the subject sounded sort of derrogatory.
    "Ashleigh": I just think it's sleazy. It's dirty.
    Matt: Welcome to television!
    -The Joe Schmo Show

Hug me!
    I think most of them signed up because Zack was back.. when he leaves next week(and 100% chance that he will never ever come back to Paradise Hotel).. hopefully they will be back to Bolt.
    "Charla is intelligent and beautiful and I just felt really stupid for picking ... for, you know... liking someone that wasn't available really.. certainly not to me." Quote from Dave (Paradise Hotel).

I don't know how much of it is a wider fan base or if, like me, a lot of fans had been "lurking" on the site for a long time and watching Monday's show with the Neanderthals just pushed them over the edge. They couldn't stay silent anymore. That was definitely the case with me. Now, all I have to do is figure out how I can keep up with FORT PH postings without getting fired.

On Hiatus
    Quote Originally Posted by calhoun
    . Now, all I have to do is figure out how I can keep up with FORT PH postings without getting fired.

That's really sort of why I asked the question...I wanted to know if people had been lurking and just couldn't contain themselves, or if we had a giant influx of Zachk fans...
    "Ashleigh": I just think it's sleazy. It's dirty.
    Matt: Welcome to television!
    -The Joe Schmo Show

I think some of them were lurking and weren't moved enough to offer up an opinion until last Monday's horrible "reunion" show.

I also have a theory that some of the "Zack is hot" posters might be the same person. There have been a couple of times where one extemely new person (less than five posts) has offered an opinion and is immediately backed up by another extremely new person (again less than five posts). Then, you never hear from them again. I cant help but think that there are multiple screen names by the same poster.

She'll be there when I'm gone... won't she?
    Quote Originally Posted by stargazer401
    I think some of them were lurking and weren't moved enough to offer up an opinion until last Monday's horrible "reunion" show.

I also have a theory that some of the "Zack is hot" posters might be the same person. There have been a couple of times where one extemely new person (less than five posts) has offered an opinion and is immediately backed up by another extremely new person (again less than five posts). Then, you never hear from them again. I cant help but think that there are multiple screen names by the same poster.
    You get that in every board/chatroom. There's always the multiple screen names user who uses that strategy to confuse everyone. A few months ago I found this hilarious site describing all the different cyber personalities. I forget the address now but it was entertaining to read about them. Scary thing is, I'm a little of all of them.
    R.I.P Willie Dog (?/?/1989-12/17/2004). Gone but never forgotten.

Welcome Zelda (and a hot of other names)! (Born 08/08/2005, adopted 10/08/2005)

Also welcome Shasta! (Born ?/?/2004, Adopted 03/??/07)

FORT Regular
    Maybe someone put a link on the Fox boards.

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Yellow Apple
    Yhilarious site describing all the different cyber personalities.
    Board Warriors Defined

Funny stuff. The pictures are great and the in-depth analysis of each personality type is both amusing and on-target. A must read for all! Much better than Cats!
    Last edited by ICantLookAway; 09-05-2003 at 01:25 PM.

She'll be there when I'm gone... won't she?
    Quote Originally Posted by ICantLookAway
    Board Warriors Defined

Funny stuff. The pictures are great and the in-depth analysis of each personality type is both amusing and on-target. A must read for all! Much better than Cats!
    That's it! Way to be, ICantLookAway!

As I said, I have been every one of those characters at different times in my internet experiences.
    R.I.P Willie Dog (?/?/1989-12/17/2004). Gone but never forgotten.

Welcome Zelda (and a hot of other names)! (Born 08/08/2005, adopted 10/08/2005)

Also welcome Shasta! (Born ?/?/2004, Adopted 03/??/07)

Quote Originally Posted by calhoun
    I don't know how much of it is a wider fan base or if, like me, a lot of fans had been "lurking" on the site for a long time and watching Monday's show with the Neanderthals just pushed them over the edge. They couldn't stay silent anymore. That was definitely the case with me. Now, all I have to do is figure out how I can keep up with FORT PH postings without getting fired.
    This is why I de-lurked. I wasn't watching PH at all until I had dinner with some friends and they could not shut up about it how hee-larious it was -- this was right around the time Tara arrived. I think the show is vastly entertaining, albeit sometimes in a frightening way! However, I donít' know that I ever would have posted anything if not for the CRAZINESS of the last few episodes. I was sickened by the producerís decision to allow (encourage?) such awful behavior. As the shock fades  I am starting to see the black humor in watching individuals like Toni, Zach, Amy, etc. I am torn between pity and uproarious laughter that people could be so juvenile and shallow. Oy. They all have a hard hard hard life in store.

After I started watching the show, I surfed a bit before I settled on a forum and I have to say, FORT members are far and away (for the most part) the most educated and salient of what I found -- I won't even go into the FOX board -- I was spoiled by the boards I was posting to last year, and FORT has been a pleasant surprise.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast