+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: director manipulation and participant pay (SPOILER on what the prize is)

Since the show was taped a month ago, I have a feeling that, although the producers are manipulating the people, they are doing the same basic thing that they did in Joe Millionare. They realized who most people where going to root for, ie TKCD gang, then set up made the show so that they would win by overcoming adversity. They also used masterful editing to make it seem like the odds of them winning where greater then they actually were. Watching this show I get flash backs of Joe Millionare (another Fox show...). The editors made Zora the girl most viewers wanted to win, then edited it so that she looked like the long shot the entire show. I think I even read somewhere that Evan (I think that was his name) didn't even want to pick her, but the director convienced him to... I think Paradise Hotel is running along similar lines.
    Reality TV

1. America's Top Model: Eva
    2. The Apprentice: Andy
    3. Survivor: Julie

Interesting comment on the prize being the hotel, Jaycee. I know that I recently read somewhere that the person who owns the hotel inherited from her parents and their friends were upset that she would let it be used for such an immoral show, etc. Apparently, she has not responded to these comments.

Maybe she sold it to FOX or whoever produces this show. Wouldn't that be a terrific prize, better than anything that I have ever seen offered. I'm sure it is worth more than a million dollars. Somehow though, I don't think FOX would be that generous. I also thought that they were going to have another season of Paradise Hotel next year. Perhaps the location would differ.

JR.
    Quote Originally Posted by croftchrism
    I think I even read somewhere that Evan (I think that was his name) didn't even want to pick her, but the director convienced him to... I think Paradise Hotel is running along similar lines.
    I've heard Evan say the opposite in an interview, he wanted her from the beginning because she was the most down to earth.

Quote Originally Posted by Yellow Apple
    Well before Desiree came on, there was a big controversy about no black people being on the show. I don't know for certain, but I have a feeling that Fox may have been pressured to bring on a minority to appease some of the viewers. I remember the day after she got on, there were 9000 threads on the Fox boards about "finally, a black girl!" and it got really ugly. I was just thinking the whole time I was reading post after post of racial insults "Who cares who gets on? These people are all losers anyway (except for Keith)."
    what other kinds of racial insults did you hear, I'm curious, thats interesting to me. I think the guests are just dealing with her because they have to, she's not particularly interesting or pretty and she's always running after poor Tom. I never thought about this until today but the Fox advertisements of PH have a blonde girl sitting beside a brunnette, but there's no blondes on the show. I wonder why there's no blonde girls even thought its such a popular color for girls who work out and take care of themselves as these guests obviously do(the California girl look). This cast(girls) is decidedly more ethnicly diverse than any other reality show I've seen, Amy is the only girl who looks white. No Asiachicks though, too bad. Actually Charla looks Asian or Asian and white, who knows.
    Last edited by SweetAsCheryPie; 09-12-2003 at 04:16 PM.

She'll be there when I'm gone... won't she?
    Quote Originally Posted by SweetAsCheryPie
    what other kinds of racial insults did you hear, I'm curious, thats interesting to me. I think the guests are just dealing with her because they have to, she's not particularly interesting or pretty and she's always running after poor Tom. I never thought about this until today but the Fox advertisements of PH have a blonde girl sitting beside a brunnette, but there's no blondes on the show. I wonder why there's no blonde girls even thought its such a popular color for girls who work out and take care of themselves as these guests obviously do(the California girl look). This cast(girls) is decidedly more ethnicly diverse than any other reality show I've seen, Amy is the only girl who looks white. No Asiachicks though, too bad. Actually Charla looks Asian or Asian and white, who knows.
    Well I won't go into it in detail, but it was basically a whole bunch of "black is better because of this" and "white is better, blah blah" posts. Really stupid crap that to me is a waste if time. I gave Des a chance and she totally let me down when she glued her lips to Amy's ass. I really wanted her to be the "angry black female" and just kick ass and take names, but it never happened.

It doesn't matter what ethnic group these people are, they're all a bunch of losers.
    R.I.P Willie Dog (?/?/1989-12/17/2004). Gone but never forgotten.

Welcome Zelda (and a hot of other names)! (Born 08/08/2005, adopted 10/08/2005)

Also welcome Shasta! (Born ?/?/2004, Adopted 03/??/07)

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by SweetAsCheryPie
    Aren't Toni and Amy blonde? And depending on the light, Charla looks blonde, too....

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345