+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: director manipulation and participant pay (SPOILER on what the prize is)

She'll be there when I'm gone... won't she?
    I don't think I could ever bring myself to act like any of the Originals, even if I was being paid a crapload to do it. Just knowing that my family would be watching me act like a complete ass on national television would be enough to discourage that.
    R.I.P Willie Dog (?/?/1989-12/17/2004). Gone but never forgotten.

Welcome Zelda (and a hot of other names)! (Born 08/08/2005, adopted 10/08/2005)

Also welcome Shasta! (Born ?/?/2004, Adopted 03/??/07)

On Hiatus
    I dunno...after eating ramen for the third or fourth time this week, I might be compelled... I mean, when I was in college I got a theatre degree and was in a LARGE variety of shows and roles...no one believed I was really like that. Maybe...eh. Really all I'd care about were my family and friends, and they know who I am and would understand if I told them I was hired to play a part...

Well, except for the sex thing. I can't see Rev. Dad being really thrilled about me being paid to hook up.
    "Ashleigh": I just think it's sleazy. It's dirty.
    Matt: Welcome to television!
    -The Joe Schmo Show

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by m0ckeryj0nes
    just one question about possible director manipulation. would the other guests not be aware of this manipulation? and if so, why then would they at all take these people seriously knowing that they were paid to look like jackasses?
    I think that all of the guests have been getting some degree of direction and motivation from the Producers all along. Has anyone else noticed that on several occassions - usually when darling Hostess Amanda is informing them of some sort of twist to the rules (ha) of the show - or during Pandora's Box - that the guests are wearing (not completely hidden) earphone/plugs in their right ears? You know the type - like those worn by NFL Sideline Announcers - Secret Service agents.

Why in the world would the guests need to be wearing earphone/plugs when they are all in the same room together? Me guesses its because they are getting a lot of direction from behind the scenes.

I can see it now as Hostess Amanda says "There will be no NEW guests checking into Paradise" - a behind the scenes voice whispers to Tara - "I need an open jawed look of shock now" - or When something racy is said during Pandora's Box - "Toni - we need you to bug those babies out for us now". or "Dave, can you make that face of totally exasperated confusion as if someone was trying to explain molecular fusion to you after about 10 margaritas? - someone just cut you down and we need a good reaction shot"

She'll be there when I'm gone... won't she?
    Well, I do have a belief that the show is at least partially if not totally scripted.
    R.I.P Willie Dog (?/?/1989-12/17/2004). Gone but never forgotten.

Welcome Zelda (and a hot of other names)! (Born 08/08/2005, adopted 10/08/2005)

Also welcome Shasta! (Born ?/?/2004, Adopted 03/??/07)

Aha! Finally an explanation for Smokey's presence at PH!

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Daddio
    Has anyone else noticed that on several occassions - usually when darling Hostess Amanda is informing them of some sort of twist to the rules (ha) of the show - or during Pandora's Box - that the guests are wearing (not completely hidden) earphone/plugs in their right ears? You know the type - like those worn by NFL Sideline Announcers - Secret Service agents.
    They are only worn during the satellite segments or when the girls are upstairs watching the guys downstairs on the TV, etc. They don't wear them the rest of the time. It's just a way to monitor audio - no big conspiracy.

I believe all the coaching/direction/encouragement is done off-camera.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by flotsette
    They are only worn during the satellite segments or when the girls are upstairs watching the guys downstairs on the TV, etc. They don't wear them the rest of the time. It's just a way to monitor audio - no big conspiracy.

I believe all the coaching/direction/encouragement is done off-camera.
    Hi Flotsette,

I beg to differ this point. If (by chance) you are anyone else has a copy of the episode where Hostess Amanda advises the guests that "No new guests will check into Pardise" they definately are all wearing ear plugs. To emphasize this, I specifically recall seeing one in Tom's ear and as we all know he was voted onto the show -after-they quit doing selections via Satelite from CA.

FORT Regular
    Daddio, I definitely have seen them, but I still don't believe they're worn all the time. You may be right that there were other occasions though. But it seems like it's usually in the ceremonies?

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by flotsette
    Daddio, I definitely have seen them, but I still don't believe they're worn all the time. You may be right that there were other occasions though. But it seems like it's usually in the ceremonies?
    Yes, I am sorry Flotsette, I didnt mean to make it sound like they were worn all the time - just on a few occassions when they were assembled as a group - usually at meetings with Amanda.

My point was - if they were all gathered together as a group, then why have the earplugs in? The only viable answer can be because someone was chit-chatting in their ear.

I guess I am just being a conspiracy theorist - in a fun way of course.

FORT Regular
    So we definitely agree we've seen them in group meetings but not the rest of the time. I have a vague memory of seeing one in Tom's ear, and yes, you are right, that didn't happen over satellite. I am trying to remember if there was some other explanation. But I can't remember anything.

We also definitely agree that they are heavily manipulated. Hmm I guess we'll see if there's any more clues coming up!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast