+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Fair game?

Hug me!
    the thing about this is that... I don't think even the Producers know what they are doing... They just make up the rules as they go along so..
    "Charla is intelligent and beautiful and I just felt really stupid for picking ... for, you know... liking someone that wasn't available really.. certainly not to me." Quote from Dave (Paradise Hotel).

Quote Originally Posted by ruben_of_205
    the thing about this is that... I don't think even the Producers know what they are doing... They just make up the rules as they go along so..
    Well they better figure it out quick b/c they are ADDING people back now? Um, hello, they should be narrowing their numbers down, not increasing them! They are driving me insane with all this flip-flopping.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by holiday
    lmao, I bet atleast 40 of you are wearing headbands.
    I just released a dozen or so of them from the pit and they are heading down to Arizona right now but I'm not sure how many of them were wearing headbands.

FORT Regular
    I thought it started out with a rather interesting premise, however, after basically witnessing a pseudo witch burning, I honestly cannot understand why millions and millions of dollars of airtime are wasted on such Trashy personalities like Zack, Toni, Amy, Andon et al.

I mean come on - I see people like this every day of my life - the self righteous arrogance is nothing new to the gimme gimme me-generation that our materialistic culture endorses.

Out of every single reality show I've ever watched, I don't think I've ever seen anything close to the immaturity allowed to take place at PH. Take a look at 99.9999% of the contestants on any other reality show - nothing even comes close to the idiocy that Zach, Amy, Toni, Kristen, Andon, and Alex represent.

And it's the producer's fault - they obviously get off on it otherwise they wouldn't instigate it (ie "Zack's Back!").

Pathetic. The very least they could've done was sent the Boxer (the guy who pseudo-lost to Keith) to help Charla and Dave out in the Cajones dept. - because if I were on the show Zach would be picking up his teeth with two broken arms.

It's so bad that it almost makes me want to vomit, literally, that people find this kind of thing entertaining or even amusing - there's nothing amusing about it - WHAT YOU PEOPLE ARE SEEING IS THE EXACT MENTALITY THAT BURNED WITCHES, ENSLAVED BLACKS, GASSED JEWS, ETC ETC. and trust me that is no stretch - the people who commit such horrible attrocities are not monsters or boogeymen - they are easily persuaded, unintelligent, people who succomb to mob mentality.

What's next for FOX? A camera at the local jr. high school where everyone picks on and makes fun of the retarded kid? or black kid? or whatever....

Aye, there Amy goes...... Melisfit's Avatar
    remember folks..paradise is full of twists and suprises
    well whoever created this show is screwed up yet sooo awesome..LOL
    Hittin' it up on Para'disel

JR.
    Quote Originally Posted by XMAfan
    Everyone is ranting that it is not fair for the originals to get a second chance, but they too were screwed over when Tara and Keith had thier choice at vote off and there was absolutly nothing that the originals could do about it.
    They had to make that change or the originals would've kept sending the new people home. They got rid of Matt and Kavita quick and only kept Dave around because they didn't see him as a threat. The originals sealed their fate with their attitudes.

As for the show being fair, that's hard to say because we weren't let in on the rules beforehand. We don't even know what the contestants were told.

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by JR.
    They had to make that change or the originals would've kept sending the new people home. They got rid of Matt and Kavita quick and only kept Dave around because they didn't see him as a threat. The originals sealed their fate with their attitudes.

As for the show being fair, that's hard to say because we weren't let in on the rules beforehand. We don't even know what the contestants were told.
    That's the beauty of the show--no rules. Make them up as you go along. If you need some extra spice, just throw in some new/old people and tell them whoever can do or say something to make another houseguest leave gets to replace them.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Melisfit
    remember folks..paradise is full of twists and suprises
    read that as, whenever the show gets boring, we will do something to spice thing up.

Seeing all but 2 shows i must say that they always put the twist in the right place to makes things more interesting. I was really starting to get bored just around the time Kavita and Matt where both eliminated. The show was starting to get predictable, then poof they gave Tara the choice to kick out who she wanted. Although her picking Amanda was sort of a downer, when Keith Came in it was the highpoint of the show. The period of from Keith getting in till Beau was voted out(Due to the gambling incident) was great TV.

Basically though since that point the show has been running on cruise control for the most part for roughly 2 weeks. The Charla is depressed episode was truly the low point(entertainment wise) of this show so far(although it sort of sheads light on the events this week that she is mentally drained and beaten but still giving a fight).

That's when they through in Major twist #2 bring everybody back. While it was mentally tough to watch it made for great TV(in sort of a trainwreck sort of way). Although some may disagree look at the amount of traffic on this board and many others. This twist will probably fuel the show till the end of next week(when 2 people get voted in monday and one gets voted out wednesday).

After that there will only be 3 weeks(or 6 episodes) and the show again will probably go on cruise control untill the final. The only major thing that can happen in that period will be if Amy gets the boot(although that can happen next wednesday depending who the guy that gets voted in next week(if matt gets voted in Amy is toast if it any other guy, most likely the girl they choose will be booted). All signs are pointing to Amy getting booted sooner rather then later to because it seems Deseree is getting alot of "negative" attention which means we need somebody to hate between Amy getting booted and the final.

If the producers of this show get all the remaining minor lil twists right, the next major moment will be the barbie 4 up against a jury of the angery lynch mob.
    Last edited by CharlaFan; 09-05-2003 at 12:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 50guys
    I don't think Paradise Hotel is a fair show anymore. Bringing back the evicted guests for a couple of days was an interesting twist but giving them a second chance to check back into the hotel again is not fair to the current guests. If we are going to split hairs over the definition of what a "new guest" is we should also split hairs over what the word "forever" means. Amanda has frequently told the guests in the hotel in the eviction process that whoever they choose to evict would be checking out of Paradise Hotel "forever." If we are going to give the evicted guests a second chance to check back into the hotel we should also give the current guests a second chance to check back into the hotel if or when they are evicted (and this includes Amy). The number of current guests in the hotel that would check in again should be based on a ratio equal to the number of evicted guests (2) checking back into the hotel divided by the total number of guests (?) that were brought back (including our friend Zack). In other words, assuming equal a priori probabilities, all guests that have been evicted once should have the same chances of coming back.

Based on the principal of fairness, I assume that the rules of the game should be fair and Fox has not given me sufficient reason to believe that the rules of this game would not be fair (or be made fair). It is fine if it is Fox's intention to create a reality show in which the rules of the game are not fair but it not reasonable for them to assume that the public should assume that the rules of the game are not going to be fair. This is a game because the guests are considered contestants and they are competing for a prize at the end.
    you're right, the "forever" part is very much in question indeed. And it doesn't seem fair for anybody to have people back in the hotel and compete again without strings attached (lesser prize value for the people who comes back than the ones who played all along for instance)

but i think the FOX people weren't sure what the game rules were even while playing the game~ they "winged" this whole thing as they go along.... I mean how could you explain why the "original" alliance happens to drop like files one by one week after week? or how could the "originals" come back to paradise when we all know perfectly well that they're going to terrorize the entire hotel? conincidence? I think not

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by k1w1
    but i think the FOX people weren't sure what the game rules were even while playing the game~ they "winged" this whole thing as they go along....
    you have to remember that in July PH was given the green light for another 6 weeks(hence them probably reusing old contestants(Tom and Kavita) to try get back into the house). The show i think was supposed to end mid August, so they had to get moe twist and turns to make it interesting.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast