+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do any of the guests smoke?

FORT Regular

Do any of the guests smoke?

I just realized last night that there has been no sign on the show of anyone smoking. I cant believe that none of them do so I guess the producers edit that out and/or make them go to a special smoking area so they dont influence the kids?

I find it kind of funny that they're willing to show them drinking pretty much constantly and licking each other whenever they get a chance but not willing to show anyonwe lighting up a cancer-stick.

Or maybe they had to go cold turkey for the show. That would explain why some of them are so bitchy all of the time.

No smoking would have sent me over the edge after 10 minutes with these people.
    ~Ally~

I'm sure they just edit around it. Just like on BB.

She'll be there when I'm gone... won't she?
    I think Toni smoked. I think they even showed her sitting outside one time and lighting up. I could be wrong, though.
    R.I.P Willie Dog (?/?/1989-12/17/2004). Gone but never forgotten.

Welcome Zelda (and a hot of other names)! (Born 08/08/2005, adopted 10/08/2005)

Also welcome Shasta! (Born ?/?/2004, Adopted 03/??/07)

Quote Originally Posted by Yellow Apple
    I think Toni smoked. I think they even showed her sitting outside one time and lighting up. I could be wrong, though.
    Oh I think your right in the 1st episode when she was saying out loud that she is going to be the first to go. While watching everyone match up in the pool. I think they were Marlboro lights too.
    ~Ally~

I think I remember seeing Holly with a cigarette a few weeks back. I could be mistaken though...
    I think Johnny Damon has the SWEETEST mullet in major league baseball!

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    Too bad they don't show them all smoking the crack they we all know they're on.

"That's Numberwang!"

IN JAIL, WONDERING WHERE MY KLONDIKE BAR IS!?...
    I remember Toni smoking in one or two episodes, but I think they did try to shot around it. Also the first night Zach was back and he went to Amy's room he was smoking one of those filtered cigars (in between professing how much he cared for her). I think it's funny how they can show people having sex 5 min after meeting, but heaven forbid they should show them smoking. :nono
    "YOU BREATH THE SAME AIR THE BILLIONAIRES DO" Russell Simmons

"We make a living from what we get, but we make a life from what we give." Winston Chruchill

FORT Newbie
    HI! Er, I'm new. Usually just a lurker. but, I saw this thread and I actually know the answer 'why' they dont show the smoking. So, thought I'd just jump in and tell you. Heh. As a smoker myself, I find it terribly unfair.

Ok, apparently, the networks/production companies/etc are under a lot of pressure from the Anti-smoking Groups on what type of cigarette smoking is acceptable to show on television. (not just the 'safe' family hour, but anything. Sports, soaps, news (lol) you name it.) Generally, if it does not pertain to the story in some way (ie-good kid gets caught smoking and has to learn the error of his ways) they get a lot of flack. Uhm is sports, cigarette companies are not allowed to advertise, because kids go to the games. (as of next year, the Nascar winston cup will be known as the Nascar Nextel cup because Winston pulled out, because they can't advertise. But there are THREE cars on the track that carry Alcoholic beverages names on their cars. whatever) Spike, on Buffy, has been criticized for smoking, even though the character is a vampire, there for can't get all the stuff that is associated with smoking. The Anti's answser? "well, his teeth should be yellow to show the affects of long term smoking." yeah.

So, in general, its ok for your kid to see a bunchof supposed adults making whoopee with several different partners, drinking like a fish, and acting like Amy and Zack on a daily basis, but, its not ok for them to see Toni smoking or Holly lighting up because it would give them the wrong impression.

Let me tell you, if the choice were between my son lighting up, or becoming a premiscuous d*ckhead with no intelligence. Well, what can I say, pass the lighter.

Ok. so, hope that explains it some. And hope I didn't offend.

And thanks for lettign the newbie sound off.

Jypz

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast