+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Attention to those posting

eny
    FORT Fogey

Attention to those posting

We have noticed a lot of new members in here. Welcome.
    If there is a thread already about the person you are talking about, use it, or if it is about specific incidents in the show you have just watched use the dated show thread. They just get merged in anyway. Save us some work. Thanks!

Fort Staff

FORT Newbie

Working overtime in "Throwing new threads into old posts!"

Quote Originally Posted by eny
    We have noticed a lot of new members in here. Welcome.
    If there is a thread already about the person you are talking about, use it, or if it is about specific incidents in the show you have just watched use the dated show thread. They just get merged in anyway. Save us some work. Thanks!

Fort Staff

Forgive us new folks having something we feel is unique to add to what "could" come under an old thread (Tired out: genre of under someone's name)! Should we or should we not post according to the pace of the show?

I just posted a new thread that included Scott, Keith and Zack! You sent it to the old tired out Keith area of your forum. Who decides that? Zack and Toni?

Don't have a new thread button if you can't allow people to use it and think you can summize from a post better where it belongs than the person posting!

If I am wrong, I apologize but really I thought I was welcome to start a new thread if it was relevant. I think mine was and I don't understand your limiting us.

Quote Originally Posted by cae350
    Forgive us new folks having something we feel is unique to add to what "could" come under an old thread (Tired out: genre of under someone's name)! Should we or should we not post according to the pace of the show?

I just posted a new thread that included Scott, Keith and Zack! You sent it to the old tired out Keith area of your forum. Who decides that? Zack and Toni?

Don't have a new thread button if you can't allow people to use it and think you can summize from a post better where it belongs than the person posting!
    Hey, gear back a bit. The people who RUN the board should be allowed to make rules for their own board. Sure, sometimes the decisions might seem arbitrary (and maybe sometimes WILL be), but sometimes when a decision has to be made, you HAVE TO be arbitrary in someone's eyes or else wind up having absolutely no control at all. I've been subject to thread removals, post deletions and moves, and so has everyone else. The flip side of "why have a new thread button if you can't allow people to use it" is, "why post here if you don't like the rules"? Relax, and I'm sure you will enjoy it here.

I can kind of understand where cae350 is coming from.
    I know that i have started a few threads only to have them put in with other groups and i admit it is kind of frustrating to think that my opinion is getting lost in the mix somewhere.
    I personally know that when there are alot of new post i sometimes scroll down to the newest one, and skip over what could be some interesting comments, so cae does have a valid point in wanting their opinion read by others.
    I don't say this to get others mad, its just an observation

Don't mistake me, I think its PERFECTLY valid to have a complaint and make a case for it... even publically (although privately should be tried first). What's a bit weird for me though is when people take that a step further and question the whole process of decision making on a board without some heavier evidence besides their own gripe. I've been on boards where I was treated unfairly (on one, a whole group of people were banned, simply because they RESPONDED, and I mean civily, to a post that broke a rule), but its kind of pushing it to claim unfair treatment for something that is applied fairly equally to pretty much anyone. At least until you've got proof that you WEREN'T being treated equally.

Quote Originally Posted by dolphingal
    it is kind of frustrating to think that my opinion is getting lost in the mix somewhere.
    Hey, no worries!! I see ALL of the new posts, regardless of what thread they are in, because this nifty forum bumps up the threads with new comments ALL THE WAY TO THE TOP of the board! Keep posting, everyone: I personally look forward to hearing what YOU have to say.
    I'll do graffiti if you sing to me in French

Quote Originally Posted by cae350

If I am wrong, I apologize but really I thought I was welcome to start a new thread if it was relevant. I think mine was and I don't understand your limiting us.
    Well then, go to the FOX boards if it's so terrible here.

You ARE welcome to start a new thread - but don't start a new thread called "About my thougths on last night...." or "Zack" because it makes more work for us and I would like to believe we're all intelligent enough to look down the page and find the Zack thread.

Oh, and no all smilie posts please. They just get deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by totoro
    Hey, no worries!! I see ALL of the new posts, regardless of what thread they are in, because this nifty forum bumps up the threads with new comments ALL THE WAY TO THE TOP of the board! Keep posting, everyone: I personally look forward to hearing what YOU have to say.
    Thank you!!!

Hug me!
    my question is the "couple" thread... like I want to talk about Dave and Charla... does this belong to a new thread or this should belong to either Dave or Charla's thread ? but neither one really fit the bill.
    "Charla is intelligent and beautiful and I just felt really stupid for picking ... for, you know... liking someone that wasn't available really.. certainly not to me." Quote from Dave (Paradise Hotel).

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast