+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Jan Jaffe criticized

FORT Newbie

Jan Jaffe criticized

I was reading a story where the owner of the hotel was criticized for letting Fox use the hotel. Apparently, Jan Jaffe's parents bought the hotel years ago and when they died, Jan Jaffe took over. The parents friends did not like the behavior of the hotel guests using their pad and was dismayed at Jan Jaffe. Interesting story.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by icanluv2
    I was reading a story where the owner of the hotel was criticized for letting Fox use the hotel. Apparently, Jan Jaffe's parents bought the hotel years ago and when they died, Jan Jaffe took over. The parents friends did not like the behavior of the hotel guests using their pad and was dismayed at Jan Jaffe. Interesting story.
    I have to think it's a great move on Jan's part. She probably got tons of cash for the use of it over sumer season and not have to worry about paying staff. Add to that the place is beautiful and gives it instant marketing for people who want to stay at that "Paradise Hotel" place.

FORT Newbie

I agree

What better way to advertise for your hotel! Hey, it's her hotel.She can do what she wants!!

FORT Newbie
    Honestly, I think the hotel is wonderful. If you forget about the trash walking around, the hotel comes across as lovely!! I would gladly stay there and not because of the show itself ,but because of the fantastic pool and view!

She owns the hotel, what would she care what her parents' friends think?

I think the hotel is wonderful.
    Good on her for being resourceful enough to let the producers use it.
    "That's Numberwang!"

She'll be there when I'm gone... won't she?
    Quote Originally Posted by John
    She owns the hotel, what would she care what her parents' friends think?
    Exactly. It's hers, she can do what she wants with it. Personally I think it's a good business decision. She probably got a crapload of money for it.
    R.I.P Willie Dog (?/?/1989-12/17/2004). Gone but never forgotten.

Welcome Zelda (and a hot of other names)! (Born 08/08/2005, adopted 10/08/2005)

Also welcome Shasta! (Born ?/?/2004, Adopted 03/??/07)

It is brilliant marketing on her part. That hotel is very unique, and the exposure from the show will drive a lot of folks there. Heck, I have already looked into it myself
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

+ Reply to Thread