+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Lessons of Paradise Ho-tel

FORT Newbie

Lessons of Paradise Ho-tel

I believe "reality" programming is here to stay. I often wonder how these participants go home and watch the show. Sobering experience? Just a thought, but, what about the participant's family? Friends? How do you think the reaction to the ho-tel guests will be upon departure from Paradise?

If you were the parents of guest of P Ho how would you feel?

Me: If I were Amy's mother I would send her a note "At least its not the dairy section of the grocery store. Your father and I agree that you need not come home. We moved and left no forwarding address. We love you, even though you shamed our entire family with your actions and words, we just dont want to see you again. Good luck with Zack and the cheering. Love ex-Mom and ex-Dad"

FORT Newbie

lessons of paradise hotel

I think you are right that it is here to stay. The lesson is that a lot of people have this insane desire to watch how other people live and react to stressful situations.

When people go home it is a major wake-up call. Many people from the Real World have talked about how they hate themselves and it created problems with their families. You only have to watch the reunion shows to see that. The problem is that we all say and do things that we aren't proud of. We just don't have it on video where millions of people watch it, judge it and call us out on it.

What other shows should learn from this one is the artful editing.

I would never act like the "originals", but if I did, my family would be appalled, I can assure you of that!
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

She'll be there when I'm gone... won't she?
    Quote Originally Posted by holly71
    I would never act like the "originals", but if I did, my family would be appalled, I can assure you of that!
    Ditto.
    R.I.P Willie Dog (?/?/1989-12/17/2004). Gone but never forgotten.

Welcome Zelda (and a hot of other names)! (Born 08/08/2005, adopted 10/08/2005)

Also welcome Shasta! (Born ?/?/2004, Adopted 03/??/07)

FORT Newbie
    I guess my problem is that the offenders on this show are soooo over the top. Amy is pure vile at every turn. True, maybe the producers focus on her evil, but she puts it out there.

It is a g-a-m-e.

Zack, what can you say? Threats of physical violence b/c he was voted off? Grow up.

The list of offenses is lengthy. If I ever saw Amy on the street I would have to laugh. If I ever saw Zack I would have to laugh out loud and roll on the floor crying while I pointed at his sweatbands.

I guess I know that I would personally have a hard time going home and looking at the way I acted if I were Amy and Zack.

FORT Newbie
    The worst would be the people who think they know you. Your cousin's friend. The person who checks you out at the grocery store. These aquaintances would be more free to rip you apart. At least your family has to love you and will eventually get over it.

She'll be there when I'm gone... won't she?
    Quote Originally Posted by shakintomusic
    I guess my problem is that the offenders on this show are soooo over the top. Amy is pure vile at every turn. True, maybe the producers focus on her evil, but she puts it out there.

It is a g-a-m-e.

Zack, what can you say? Threats of physical violence b/c he was voted off? Grow up.

The list of offenses is lengthy. If I ever saw Amy on the street I would have to laugh. If I ever saw Zack I would have to laugh out loud and roll on the floor crying while I pointed at his sweatbands.

I guess I know that I would personally have a hard time going home and looking at the way I acted if I were Amy and Zack.
    Beware of Zack's 50 "boys" (more like screaming junior high girls).
    R.I.P Willie Dog (?/?/1989-12/17/2004). Gone but never forgotten.

Welcome Zelda (and a hot of other names)! (Born 08/08/2005, adopted 10/08/2005)

Also welcome Shasta! (Born ?/?/2004, Adopted 03/??/07)

Maybe it's because I'm a mom now, maybe it's because I was raised right either way I would rather be boring ol' Charla than nasty/hypocritical loud, obnoxious Amy/Kirstin/Toni, etc.

FORT Newbie
    A lifetime of experience has taught me not to worry about the guy threatening you w/ 50 boys. Beware the dude that walks up and punches you in the face.

Which brings me to Scott. Scott has definitely been decent (or edited well) in this game. Scott should speak up against the mob. He is the oldest and Scott just looks like he wants to punch Zack at times. I dont think Scott has been ugly to Keith,but if you lay down w/ trash you will stink

Quote Originally Posted by shakintomusic
    Which brings me to Scott. Scott has definitely been decent (or edited well) in this game. Scott should speak up against the mob. He is the oldest and Scott just looks like he wants to punch Zack at times. I dont think Scott has been ugly to Keith,but if you lay down w/ trash you will stink
    Yeah, Scott has been really quite until Holly showed up and things started getting interesting. He's been "flying under the radar" thus far. Beau could be here too if he hadn't flipped out over the whole Amanda thing. Anyway, I see nothing but visciousness to start tonight's episode, but it should continue to get better.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast