+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The Next BIG TWIST should be...

FORT Regular
    you guys are right - the more I'm reading the more I'm finding out that a public vote could possibly be flogged by the amateur mentality that people such as Zack and Amy represent - not to mention that it would only work for the finale as it seems that taping for the show has already concluded.

Luckily I found this website where, it seems, rational and reasonable people can let off some steam per say.

I tell you one thing, Keith has to be commended for his maturity because if I were on the show Zack would be picking up his teeth with two broken arms.

I still would like to see audience/Internet participation at the (hopefully) live finale. I would love to ask Amy where it is she got the idea that she was on the deed to PH. Or why the "new" Beau (upon return) excitedly joined in with the lynch mob against CDKT, completely ignoring the fact that he was sent home with stolen money, or repeatedly ridiculed by Zack and Alex behind his back...

I would also like to ask the producers why Alex and Kristin were even allowed to cheat at BJ in the first place? If it was ratings they were after, I think FOX could've created a helluva lot more drama if the whole stealing/cheating incident was called out into the open, instead of Keith's timid attempt to question Alex about it - which predictably fizzled.
    Certainly the whole cheating thing was anti-climactic, and its things like this that scare me about the finale -

FORT Regular
    actually I just found out that on the Fox message boards for PH someone has already started a petition for a live vote at the finale. Apparently this is what brought Zack-ass back as well. According to quite a few people on those them thar message boards, the producers frequently read the Fox Forums to get a feel for how people are reacting to the show and have gotten some ideas there - again this heresay, however it's certainly plausible.

Quote Originally Posted by crackpot
    actually I just found out that on the Fox message boards for PH someone has already started a petition for a live vote at the finale. Apparently this is what brought Zack-ass back as well. According to quite a few people on those them thar message boards, the producers frequently read the Fox Forums to get a feel for how people are reacting to the show and have gotten some ideas there - again this heresay, however it's certainly plausible.
    So basically what you're saying is that the producers of PH are a bunch of pre-teen, hormonal morons who think acting like an ass on national tv is a great personality trait? Okay.

FORT Regular
    yes that is what I'm saying - dont tell me you have a hard time believing it...

Quote Originally Posted by crackpot
    yes that is what I'm saying - dont tell me you have a hard time believing it...
    Actually, I hadn't thought about it much. Could we command a hostile takeover at the PH boards and maybe turn this into a little more adult-like reality? I don't mean have them sit around and play scrabble, but it would be nice to get past the hair-pulling stage.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by funnygirl422
    So basically what you're saying is that the producers of PH are a bunch of pre-teen, hormonal morons who think acting like an ass on national tv is a great personality trait? Okay.
    I wouldn't say that but what they do find is that Zack strikes a cord in people in both good and bad ways(how the hell people actually like him is beyond me) and his is good for entertainment. If you look on our board, you can sort of tell who is the most enetertaining by who has the most posts about him. Zack, Amy, Toni and Keith(not as much but he was a latecomer) seem to be the popular topics amongst each houseguest thread whereas peoples threads like Scott, Kristen, Alex(he was never as bad as the gruesome 3some) and Holly are like ghost cities.

The most interesting people on PH are also some of the most obnoxious. The best ending to this show should be quick and simple. I really DON'T want Charla or Dave to win. If a live phone vote were taken, I don't think Charla and Dave would stand a chance. I'd like Tara or Keith or Holly and Scott to win. Better yet--- give the ultimate prize to Smokey LOL!

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by CharlaFan
    I wouldn't say that but what they do find is that Zack strikes a cord in people in both good and bad ways(how the hell people actually like him is beyond me) and his is good for entertainment. If you look on our board, you can sort of tell who is the most enetertaining by who has the most posts about him. Zack, Amy, Toni and Keith(not as much but he was a latecomer) seem to be the popular topics amongst each houseguest thread whereas peoples threads like Scott, Kristen, Alex(he was never as bad as the gruesome 3some) and Holly are like ghost cities.

CharlaFan I agree with you - but wouldn't you also agree that FOX would get even more ratings should the viewers/participant's be allowed to see Zack's comeuppance?

I think the maliciousness represented by the originals is only half of it, because it certainly leaves a negative taste in *most* people's mouths...now, provided there is some sort of poetic justice or vindication for the abused guests, I would be a huge fan of the show for seasons to come...if it simply fizzles and falls flat (like the cheating incident with Alex) I don't think I, nor alot of people, will put myself through the embarrassing rage I felt watching what amounted to a public witch hunt. If TV were around 200 years ago, there is no doubt in my mind that we would be watching Keith being burned alive at the stake while the congregation of Zach, Alex, Amy, Toni et al chanted delirious self-assurances that non-worshipers are savages and "un-civilized".

On Hiatus
    By the way, nice to have you here, crackpot.

I think the next big twist should be a quiz where everyone has to fill out a "who slept with whom" sheet. Then they share them. Whoever has the most correct answers, wins the game.

I need a chart to follow who has hooked up with whom. It's rather annoying.
    "Ashleigh": I just think it's sleazy. It's dirty.
    Matt: Welcome to television!
    -The Joe Schmo Show

JR.
    I doubt the petition had anything to do with Zack being brought back, along with the others. FOX is the king of trash TV, they knew how much crap it would stir up.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123