+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Things have gone too far (rant)

Things have gone too far (rant)

I used to be a regular reader and poster on another Paradise Hotel board. I quickly got bored of the *Zack is hot* *Dave is Ugly* threads and moved on to find something a bit better, which lead me to here.

I went back to that board this morning to look around and found that a poster contacted Amy's cheerleading squad and informed them of what a terrible person Amy is, and how mean spirited her character is on the show. The poster posted the return email from a member of the squad which included the fact that Amy is going elsewhere, the poster is also going to contact her future employment regarding the way she is.

I found myself livid at the poster, i am definately NOT an Amy supporter but I feel strongly that this was not the thing to do. If we do not like a show or the characters, we switch the channel or contact the station and tell them, it does not give us the right to go into a person's life and try to mess up their lives just because we do not like the way we see them on tv.

Thanks for letting me rant. This really pissed me off!!!
    "After the first glass, you see things as you wish they were.
    After the second, you see things as they are not.
    Finally, you see things as they really are,
    which is the most horrible thing in the world."

How sure are you that's true? It doesn't seem REAL to me. That person on the board could have just been 'gloating'. It's not hard to type up a fake "Re: Amy's Evil" e-mail, ya know?

I certainly thought about that as well....but the person posted the cheerleading email addy and other people have sent and received responses. Even if its not true, I think it would be a terrible thing to do.
    "After the first glass, you see things as you wish they were.
    After the second, you see things as they are not.
    Finally, you see things as they really are,
    which is the most horrible thing in the world."

She'll be there when I'm gone... won't she?
    I believe you're referring to the official Fox message boards, are you not? I've never posted there but I've seen all the "Zack is hot" and "I know so and so" threads. I'm always skeptical of those threads to begin with, so as TeeeeeMoney pointed out, this may not necessarily be true. But, if it is, then yes, I agree that that's going way too far. I myself don't really like any of the characters on the show, but I would never harrass any of them, and that's exactly what this person (if this is true) did. Still, even if it's not true, why would you pretend you did something like that anyway? Well I know the obvious answer is to get attention, but still... that's not something I would claim even if I did it.
    R.I.P Willie Dog (?/?/1989-12/17/2004). Gone but never forgotten.

Welcome Zelda (and a hot of other names)! (Born 08/08/2005, adopted 10/08/2005)

Also welcome Shasta! (Born ?/?/2004, Adopted 03/??/07)

Quote Originally Posted by Yellow Apple
    I myself don't really like any of the characters on the show, but I would never harrass any of them, and that's exactly what this person (if this is true) did.

while i completely agree that this behavior of the PH "fan" is out of line, and definitely harassment, i just wanted to point out that Amy and the others are not characters. they are supposedly being themselves.

Personally, if i were Amy's boss and i saw the show, i'd look for a legal way to fire her as well. Amy's childish, rabid tantrums would taint my squad and cause negative publicity, and i would've been sending her packing long before any 14 year old had a chance to send me an email.

Quote Originally Posted by pigri
    while i completely agree that this behavior of the PH "fan" is out of line, and definitely harassment, i just wanted to point out that Amy and the others are not characters. they are supposedly being themselves.

Personally, if i were Amy's boss and i saw the show, i'd look for a legal way to fire her as well. Amy's childish, rabid tantrums would taint my squad and cause negative publicity, and i would've been sending her packing long before any 14 year old had a chance to send me an email.
    Well I always use the term "characters" because you never really know when it comes to TV. The magic of television can make many things seem what they are not.

But if what we see really is the real Amy, then I hope I never meet her or anyone like her. But if I do, then I want Zack's 50 boys for backup. :fight

Yep.. she's not a very cheerful cheerleader is all I can say
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

Rock Star
    No one really believes this happened, right? Come on people. Yeah, and Zack's sister posted here and blah blah blah....
    di

Quote Originally Posted by Duxxy

Yep.. she's not a very cheerful cheerleader is all I can say
    Well, she does have the snobby bitchy thing down though. Not saying that all cheerleaders are like that, but the ones at my school were.

Rock Star
    YA - word to that.
    di

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast