+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Why I like This Show(aka Paradise High)

Yellow Apple did you go to an all boy's school by any chance?? That would explain alot
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

She'll be there when I'm gone... won't she?
    Quote Originally Posted by Duxxy
    Yellow Apple did you go to an all boy's school by any chance?? That would explain alot
    No actually, and that's what makes this even more sad.

I did try to enroll in an all-girl's school on a minority scholarship though. I figured with those odds, even I could win a few.
    R.I.P Willie Dog (?/?/1989-12/17/2004). Gone but never forgotten.

Welcome Zelda (and a hot of other names)! (Born 08/08/2005, adopted 10/08/2005)

Also welcome Shasta! (Born ?/?/2004, Adopted 03/??/07)

Good "psycho" - analysis.

Question I have for the analysts.

Why did Charla "the outcast" throw(?) herself at Andon and Scott?

Because of her 3 years of nightly sex being interrupted
    or what? She was looking for an ally anywhere she could get?

Remember at the beginning, Charla was a bit outgoing,
    then seemed to withdraw over time?

ok I watched it .. and I have a question

What do you think makes this show.. "Must tune in"?
    - R.I.P. John Ritter - You will be missed!!!!
    - Erika in BB4 Rocks! Aliwhore sucks
    - Carolyn & Ethan in Race To The Alter Rocks!! Cindy the Witch sucks
    - The Amazing Race & Survivor Rulez!!!!!
    - I'm never watching For Love Or Money where only Gold Diggers like Erin win.. Such a sad statement for society..
    - Cousin Mike in "The Family" is a Hottie!!!!!
    - THE FAMILY was the "Most" emotionally satisfying reality show ever!!

Atop the highhhhhest weathervane in Spain!
    Well, hmmmm. For me it was must tune in because nothing else was on that night. Why did I stay? Dave. Stupid but true. When he came on board I thought he had no chance in hell of remaining. They have flouted him and beaten him verbally black and blue and he's winced but never backed down.

I want to see him walk away with the whole kaboodle now and I'll tune in every week to support him in his effort.

FORT Fan
    it's the train wreck factor.....
    "the hurrier i go the behinder i get" - a wise third grade shop teacher

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by benicecomics
    What do you think makes this show.. "Must tune in"?
    I think this show is entertaining first and formost. Although they have some of the most nasty reality tv contestants ever it is great to see them all get there just desserts.

I also love how PH always pays off on it's promises. When they say something earth shattering will happen, it does(every other reality show i watched whenever they promised something I always felt screw over).

I think the producers of this show realise that entertainment is more importent then the game also.

Other then that this show is just so stupid it actually funny(i love the fact we are 3/4 done this "game" and we still have no clue what they are playing for or the fact we have 0 clue how they will get down to the final 4).

I think in order to get this show it would be hard to just watch at this stage and understand what has gone down. It isn't really must see unless you've tuned in from early on and seen everyones true colors in times of winning and times of animosity. The original group is so mad cuz they really got played - they just thought they were the original group and they should not be kicked off. That was their basic strategy. It was weak, people saw through them and saw there wasn't much depth and they took over, simple as that. But the reason to tune in is the drama, people have forgotten real life and I assume forgotten they are making asses of themselves on TV and just acted really nuts, the show is bizarro world.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by holiday
    I think in order to get this show it would be hard to just watch at this stage and understand what has gone down. It isn't really must see unless you've tuned in from early on and seen everyones true colors in times of winning and times of animosity. The original group is so mad cuz they really got played - they just thought they were the original group and they should not be kicked off. That was their basic strategy. It was weak, people saw through them and saw there wasn't much depth and they took over, simple as that. But the reason to tune in is the drama, people have forgotten real life and I assume forgotten they are making asses of themselves on TV and just acted really nuts, the show is bizarro world.
    I agree, i started watching from the beginning cos there was nothing else on. This show was starting to get bad when you realised that anybody new(read that Kavita or Matt) would instantly get kicked off the next week, then all of a sudden a "twist" was added that when Tara came on she got to choose who she roomed with, and then it got interesting.

I also think it's great to see 4 people who most likely in any other situation wouldn't band together, overcome the tremendous odds against them(i don't think these 4 would have been so close if they were on the show at the beginning together) .

totally.

Quote Originally Posted by CharlaFan
    I also think it's great to see 4 people who most likely in any other situation wouldn't band together, overcome the tremendous odds against them(i don't think these 4 would have been so close if they were on the show at the beginning together) .

i'm definitely here for the breakfast club factor. it's long been acknowledged that you can throw any number of people into a secluded situation and they will end up pouring their hearts out. (think back to your days of band camp and class trips) stereotypes, while bullsh1t, do become stereotypes for a reason. you know? so you take these people who wouldn't give each other a second glance in the "real world" and then add liquor, remove clothing, and shake vigorously. you come up with this heady mix of interpersonal relationships and a breakdown of soceital norms.

it's good tv.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12