+ Reply to Thread

Thread: What constitutes an "Original"?

What constitutes an "Original"?

This has been bugging me for some time.

Being one of the original cast members has been a mark of distinction amongst these nitwits, automatically granting him/her entree into the elite clique of "Originals".

Charla is one of the original cast members, yet she is considered to be in the other tribe (the "New People").

What gives?

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by LoveEmAll
    This has been bugging me for some time.

Being one of the original cast members has been a mark of distinction amongst these nitwits, automatically granting him/her entree into the elite clique of "Originals".

Charla is one of the original cast members, yet she is considered to be in the other tribe (the "New People").

What gives?
    When they first started the show, Charla was sort of the outcast of the bunch. There was 6 girls and 5 guys. When they did rooming selections she was the person left out. But in a suprise twist, when it came to booting somebody out, Amanda told us that nobody leaves Paradise without rooming, so Charla got first choice of guys and no other girl could pick her.

The term "original" is basically considered the group of people(Amy, Zack, Alex, Toni and Kristen) who basically would bully any new people and thought it was there god given right to stay in paradise and others should just stay there week and leave. You might put Beau and Scott in that group as well, but they were not in any way shape or form part of the posse that would intimidate the other guests(ie the "originals")

As for Charla considered being a "new person", whenever somebody new would come in, the "Originals" would always try to put them in there place, Charla would always cling to them since she really had nothing going on with the "originals". Charla always seemed to form bonds with whoever the new guest was that came in(ie Dave, Matt, Tara and Keith).
    Last edited by CharlaFan; 08-29-2003 at 03:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CharlaFan
    You might put Beau and Scott in that group as well, but they were not in any way shape or form part of the posse that would intimidate the other guests(ie the "originals")
    I actually think that Scott is worth lumping in with the originals. Of course when Holly came in, he decided he wanted to get to "know her" a little better. Beau had the impression that he was an "original" until he realized he very disposable and became confused to where he stood with that group.

Hug me!
    I think "Original" means people that came to Paradise Hotel first and also formed an alliance with each other from the beginning.

In this case, both Holly and Charla don't consider as an original.
    "Charla is intelligent and beautiful and I just felt really stupid for picking ... for, you know... liking someone that wasn't available really.. certainly not to me." Quote from Dave (Paradise Hotel).

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by ThePinkOtterPop
    I actually think that Scott is worth lumping in with the originals.
    I think Scott is only an "original" by association, but all game he sort of stayed away from the bullying game. Scott might actually be playing this game the best, just sitting in the background watching people go at it, only Keith now realises what a threat he is.

I agree.
    No one appears to have any beef with Scott, he seems universally liked.

Charla roomed alone for the first week in Paradizzle so I don't think that helped to make her feel part of the group. That and the fact she rarely ventures out of her room.
    "That's Numberwang!"

She'll be there when I'm gone... won't she?
    Yep, Charla by her very nature was ostracized from the beginning by the other "Originals". Therefore she could rightfully be considered not one of them since they certainly would not consider her such. Until Dave showed up, Charla was on her own. She luckily was saved early on by a twist in the game, else she would have been gone long ago.

Scott's done very well just sitting back, as CF pointed out. Keith is probably the best player at the moment, though. He's playing this game like a freaking chess match: 3 moves ahead of everyone. Knight to black 6, checkmate.
    R.I.P Willie Dog (?/?/1989-12/17/2004). Gone but never forgotten.

Welcome Zelda (and a hot of other names)! (Born 08/08/2005, adopted 10/08/2005)

Also welcome Shasta! (Born ?/?/2004, Adopted 03/??/07)

+ Reply to Thread