Closed Thread
Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: 8/20 show discussion: SPOILERS

Quote Originally Posted by xkissluvx
    If they have 5 weeks of airing left, maybe they'll eliminate a boy and a girl each week. A guy on Monday and a girl on Wednesday.
    remember they said no "NEW" guests...who knows maybe some of those who did not have to say goodbye to paradise "FOREVER" will be back, or they might bring back the attractive brunette from the first week?

then again boot alex then amy then dave and holly and then scott...keith deserves to win this since he is the one who shook things up!!!
    "There's a hooker in Trenton who wants her shoes back." C a r s o n

Quote Originally Posted by supergirl
    remember they said no "NEW" guests...who knows maybe some of those who did not have to say goodbye to paradise "FOREVER" will be back, or they might bring back the attractive brunette from the first week?

then again boot alex then amy then dave and holly and then scott...keith deserves to win this since he is the one who shook things up!!!
    I know there wont be "new" guests but Im saying how can they get rid of everyone except for 2 people in 5 weeks airing? And I dont understand how they can eliminate some one if theres no odd one out?

If they have 5 weeks of airing left, maybe they'll eliminate a boy and a girl each week. A guy on Monday and a girl on Wednesday.
    But, don't they have even numbers now? Maybe they'll have some sort of elimination game, or better yet - let America vote!!! yay!

Anyway, I'm glad Charla wasn't booted out tonight. I thought Tara was being downright evil when she said she wanted Charla gone. Poor Dave, it seems like he really likes Charla. Maybe Charla will realize that geeks rule outside of Paradise hotel.

FORTified with Vitamin D solacean's Avatar
    Wow. Alex and Amy are the only originals left, and Amy is teetering on the edge of willingly removing herself? With three Originals/Gruesomes gone (four if you count Beau), I think that's just about game, set and match to the Outsiders alliance. Taking out Kristin instead of the easier choice of Amy was perhaps their best long-term move yet. Well played, kids!

Of course now that the supply of new guests has evidently dried up, we all know the victorious Outsider beast will soon be reduced to feeding on itself in its attempts to survive. It might be very interesting to see how the alliance fractures. That joke from Tara about wanting Charla out is unlikely to stay a joke for much longer.

As for the others:

Tom and Desiree are likely to sate the appetite of the elimination beast for a week or two, but not much more than that. They just aren't established well enough to become major players. IMO.

Amy is probably still on her way out,as I see it. By the time the next round of female elimination rolls around, she'll again be inclined to get herself bumped out of the hotel, and I don't see her turning over a new leaf and becoming everyone's pal, so her list of allies grows thin (as Agent Elrond might say). Heck, during the debate she couldn't even muster up something conciliatory to say about the Keith revenge thing!

Scott, Holly and Alex are the question marks, as I see it. Scott and Holly seem to have their own little alliance/pairing, but Keith could potentially sway Holly a bit in the coming week (I think she could be vulnerable to manipulation). Scott pretty much refuses to play the game, which is mature but could also prove to be his downfall. On the other hand, Alex is already on thin ice because of the cheating thing (which also was probably one of the main reasons for Kristin's ticket out) ... but he also has that "fun guy" thing going for him which could help him gain some favor with one or more of the remaining women. So I wouldn't count Alex out just yet ... of these last three, I think he has the best chance to hang on for a win.

Now I find myself wondering how they are going to do eliminations without new guests, since the number of men and women are equal now and there has to be an odd number for elimination to work (unless they change the rules of elimination dramatically). The best scenario I can come up with is this: perhaps every 2nd week someone will get sent to the "single room", either willingly or unwillingly, leaving the remaining odd number to battle it out ... and then they reenter the mix the next week to make the number odd again? Only problem I see with that is that it would take 8 eliminations to pare down to two winners ... and there aren't 8 weeks of the show left (unless they start holding two elimination rounds per week very shortly).

Nerds Just Wanna Have Fun Boredom's Avatar
    I honestly think that Kieth, Tara, Dave, and Charla will be the last ones left. Amy and Alex are out of there pronto, then Scott and Holly, then Tom and Desiree. From there, it's anyone's game.

I know there wont be "new" guests but Im saying how can they get rid of everyone except for 2 people in 5 weeks airing? And I dont understand how they can eliminate some one if theres no odd one out?
    xkissluvx, i wasn't referring to you in particular when i said no "new" guests, so sorry if i upset you...just meant it in general (even if i did quote you), since the past couple of weeks people have mentioned that amanda has not given the "goodbye to paradise forever" speech
    "There's a hooker in Trenton who wants her shoes back." C a r s o n

Anachronism before Noon Cat Bowling Champion Anemic Dog's Avatar
    Dave and Tara made huge tactical errors tonight. Their alliance is playing exactly the same way the "originals" played. Which makes them targets.

Depending on how the end-game works, Amy, Holly and Desiree really have no choice but to band together and try and take them out.

If Dave and Tara had been more inclusive, and not purposely try to shake things up with the pairings, the Kristin ouster would have looked like a "newcomers" versus "originals" battle. Now, it just looks like a regime change. Keith is the only one with any brains among them. But would Dave listen?

Dave needs a bra, it's no surprise he carries one around.

Way, way too many commercials and retrospectives tonight. We were actually able to split-screen BB4 and PH tonight and not miss anything.
    Passing over to the Dark Side

Nerds Just Wanna Have Fun Boredom's Avatar
    Actually, I thought that it was kind of funny the way that Dave and Tara did it. Holly with Kieth? Alex with Kristin? Scott with Amy? If nothing else, we're in for a veeerrrryyy good week of TV...

FORTified with Vitamin D solacean's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Anemic Dog
    Depending on how the end-game works, Amy, Holly and Desiree really have no choice but to band together ...
    Hehe. Sounds like a trio to be reckoned with, NOT.

I do agree that you are correct about the Outsiders being squarely in the same position as the Originals once were with regards to their use (or misuse) of power. The primary difference to me is that the Outsiders have been substantially less annoying while doing so.

Great play tonight, and I can't believe I guessed all of the twists except the one where the king & queen room together.

Amy is too emotional to be nearly the threat Kristin would be, so getting rid of the cheat was the right move.

You can't knock Alex out, so you take out his partner and then make him room with the woman he likes least (Charla's not thrilled needless to say). Perfect move! Interesting how they showed us he voted for Tara instead of Amy for queen.

Then, you break up the Scott/Holly connection just to add another level of uncomfortability. Tom/Desiree are new and just got chosen to room together the other day and have made no real waves, so you let them stay together.

Agreed, with no new guests, they will have to start ousting one another, so it will be quite interesting to see who turns on whom.

My pick to win it all - whatever they win - are Smokey and Host Amanda!
    Sing & dance the night away!

Closed Thread