+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 152

Thread: Desiree

  1. #61
    FORT Fan PumpkinPOOH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    ~*~BOSTON BABY~*~
    Posts
    273
    Quote Originally Posted by Yellow Apple
    :stupid I still never have heard a good explanation as to why the Originals are more qualified to win than the Outsiders.
    Kinda more of I'm here first and you're new...which i thought was lame @$$...but i'm glad allot of the originals got booted off the show. THey just turned all nasty at the end.

  2. #62
    Fort Freak! funnygirl422's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Age
    48
    Posts
    2,591
    Quote Originally Posted by PumpkinPOOH
    Kinda more of I'm here first and you're new...which i thought was lame @$$...but i'm glad allot of the originals got booted off the show. THey just turned all nasty at the end.
    I know. When Amy was whining about how nothing but originals have been booted in the last few weeks, that one of the originals should be immune, I couldn't help but think "what kind of rationale is that?!! It's a game it doesn't matter how long you've been there.

  3. #63
    FORT Fan PumpkinPOOH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    ~*~BOSTON BABY~*~
    Posts
    273
    Quote Originally Posted by funnygirl422
    I know. When Amy was whining about how nothing but originals have been booted in the last few weeks, that one of the originals should be immune, I couldn't help but think "what kind of rationale is that?!! It's a game it doesn't matter how long you've been there.
    Exactly~!! It's all just a game, and is there a reason why this isn't getting through her head?!?! A game you do what you gotta do to win.

  4. #64
    FORT Regular Jaycee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Detroit
    Posts
    126
    Quote Originally Posted by Yellow Apple
    :stupid I still never have heard a good explanation as to why the Originals are more qualified to win than the Outsiders.
    I don't think anyone said that, except for maybe the Originals themselves which is not a valid reference point as far as I'm concerned. They are a click that formed, and I think the Outsiders are another click. Both are based on archetypes we all learned in high school, but at the end of the day, they're both clicks.

    I don't think anyone, group or individual, is more qualified to win than the other. In the end, we're the winners. They lose their dignity, and we get to watch.



    Quote Originally Posted by CharlaFan
    I would disagree, the "originals" thought it was there god given right to live in paradise and not have themself voted off, where as if the barbies get knocked off, i think they will respect the people who did vote them off and not hold grudges.
    I agree. I think the barbies will handle the end, when they're going to have to turn on each other, better than the originals. But I also think the barbies feel like they are supposed to stand up for the ousiders of the world and beat the "insiders." Like this victory is owed to them.

    My original thought was that in the end, both groups operated the same way. They selected a target (ie, originals vs Kavita, Matt, and Amanda, barbies vs Zack, Toni, Kristin, and Alex), and they eliminated their target. Nothing wrong with that - it's a game, right? But it's the same plan no matter which "group" executed it. Just a different set of people. And one group is far more "dramatic" than the other.

    Let me say this - I wasn't a popular girl in high school, but I wasn't a dork either. I'm the girl who's picture you see in the yearbook and think "I've never seen her before in my life." I didn't really exist in my high school. And then I grew up.

  5. #65
    FORT Regular Splitsrh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Los Angeles!
    Posts
    74
    This girl, is very, very confused and is playing a game for the first time since she was 5 years old when she played connect four with her friends.

  6. #66
    FORT Fan PumpkinPOOH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    ~*~BOSTON BABY~*~
    Posts
    273
    Okay so she finally got a brain and a mind of her own,then she joins the originals-we'll see how this turns out.

  7. #67
    So Far Away Yellow Apple's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    She'll be there when I'm gone... won't she?
    Posts
    2,427
    Quote Originally Posted by PumpkinPOOH
    Okay so she finally got a brain and a mind of her own,then she joins the originals-we'll see how this turns out.
    Like they will take her in. She's not one of them and they will sell her out like they did Beau (who still hasn't got a clue that he's out of friends).
    R.I.P Willie Dog (?/?/1989-12/17/2004). Gone but never forgotten.

    Welcome Zelda (and a hot of other names)! (Born 08/08/2005, adopted 10/08/2005)

    Also welcome Shasta! (Born ?/?/2004, Adopted 03/??/07)

  8. #68
    FORT Fan PumpkinPOOH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    ~*~BOSTON BABY~*~
    Posts
    273
    Quote Originally Posted by Yellow Apple
    Like they will take her in. She's not one of them and they will sell her out like they did Beau (who still hasn't got a clue that he's out of friends).
    Oh definetly in a heart beat they'll do that. She needs to do it on her own with Tom (and smokey)...Amy really did get nasty personality and looks.

  9. #69
    FORT Regular
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    145
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaycee

    I don't think anyone, group or individual, is more qualified to win than the other. In the end, we're the winners. They lose their dignity, and we get to watch.

    Or.. "We" lose our dignity BY watching, and execs get rich.

  10. #70
    FORT Regular Jaycee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Detroit
    Posts
    126
    Quote Originally Posted by skwadim
    Or.. "We" lose our dignity BY watching, and execs get rich.
    Sad, but true!

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.