+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Desiree

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by jjankechu
    First off, Tara didn't pull a fast one on Alex. He knew his days were numbered, and he was trying to play Tara as much as Tara was playing him.
    And how did you come to this conclusion? nothing, I mean nothing I watched hinted at this, if anything the episode where Alex got voted off - he was telling people that he had Tara on his side - he had no idea what was going to happen was the way I saw it - whether or not his motives were to befriend her and use her I'm sure those were his intentions, but Tara did pull a fast one on him because he never saw it coming - he got played - he didn't have any kind of clue - for crying out loud the guy had to cheat (and very poorly at best) in order to send Beau home - I don't think he's as bright as you're giving him credit for

Did he know his day were numbered? Of course - all of them feel that way to an extent, did he know Tara was going to eliminate him? I don't think so...

Tom don't even like Desiree, he's probably playing the game better than the rest of em

They was the new guys, sso it made sense to stick together

Desiree got dissed by him 2wice (once for Amy, then for Tara)

Desiree should been the "angry black person" that producers like to put in these "reality" show...she shoulda came on and regulated instead of becoming an Amy groupie

I hate her, lol

She'll be there when I'm gone... won't she?
    Quote Originally Posted by pyssdogg
    Tom don't even like Desiree, he's probably playing the game better than the rest of em

They was the new guys, sso it made sense to stick together

Desiree got dissed by him 2wice (once for Amy, then for Tara)

Desiree should been the "angry black person" that producers like to put in these "reality" show...she shoulda came on and regulated instead of becoming an Amy groupie

I hate her, lol
    That's what I thought was going to happen, that she'd start her own crusade against all the white folk. It would have been interesting to see if the two groups would have banded together against a common foe or if they would have remained apart and been weaker as a result.

And fg, you're right about Des sealing her own fate. She'll be the first one gone, I think.
    R.I.P Willie Dog (?/?/1989-12/17/2004). Gone but never forgotten.

Welcome Zelda (and a hot of other names)! (Born 08/08/2005, adopted 10/08/2005)

Also welcome Shasta! (Born ?/?/2004, Adopted 03/??/07)

I don't understand why everyone is throwing a hissy fit over Alex elimination...THe kid knew it was coming...and Just because Tara hooked up with him doesn't mean she signed a contract she can't booted him off. I gave her props for that to stick by her alliances. OFcourse Des sees that as a hooched out game..But Desiree should seriously get a mind of her own..I can't stress this out or say it enough..the girl is a complete pupet attached to a string by the original..even stuff she says is an originals line-kinda something Amy would say. But CHarla is constantly in ears although I saw it once. I guess I missed the part where Charla held a gun to her head and made her voted off Alex also..She won't last atlease I hope she won't.She thinks the oringals are smarter..If she have been watching the show before she got on she would of known they are not nice people. Especially to new guests..Amy is only nice to her because she had no one until Beau got back. And what is up with the new CANDY@$$ act, Amy jr.

Quote Originally Posted by crackpot
    And how did you come to this conclusion? nothing, I mean nothing I watched hinted at this, if anything the episode where Alex got voted off - he was telling people that he had Tara on his side - he had no idea what was going to happen was the way I saw it - whether or not his motives were to befriend her and use her I'm sure those were his intentions, but Tara did pull a fast one on him because he never saw it coming - he got played - he didn't have any kind of clue - for crying out loud the guy had to cheat (and very poorly at best) in order to send Beau home - I don't think he's as bright as you're giving him credit for

Did he know his day were numbered? Of course - all of them feel that way to an extent, did he know Tara was going to eliminate him? I don't think so...
    He told Amy while they were working out that he thought either himself or Scott would be the one to go that week.
    Once the women gave Scott immunity, Alex knew he was at the top of the list.
    He also knew Des was the swing vote.
    He should have concentrated on trying to persuade her to vote out Keith.

He knew very well he was in danger, he just didn't do anything in his best interests to try and stay at the hotel imo.

Des changed her mind and her allegiance very quickly after that vote off.
    I don't think he'd have had to work too hard on her to get her to make the change before the vote.
    "That's Numberwang!"

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by fluff
    He told Amy while they were working out that he thought either himself or Scott would be the one to go that week.
    Once the women gave Scott immunity, Alex knew he was at the top of the list.
    He also knew Des was the swing vote.
    He should have concentrated on trying to persuade her to vote out Keith.

He knew very well he was in danger, he just didn't do anything in his best interests to try and stay at the hotel imo.

Des changed her mind and her allegiance very quickly after that vote off.
    I don't think he'd have had to work too hard on her to get her to make the change before the vote.
    right on -- what fluff said...though I don't think Alex could have changed her mind at the time. I think Desiree planned to switch sides all along as she started actively campaigning against Charla almost as soon as the numbers were even. Cmon, she tells Amy that she doesn't like Charla because Charla's been flirting with Tom...I mean, get real. Only Amy would believe crap like that because she *wants* to believe it.

Quote Originally Posted by jjankechu
    My $.02 on Desiree:

Desiree started flipping sides *before* she had any idea that the evicted guests were returning to the show, and for good reason. At that point, the Barbie crew was holding all the cards, and it made sense to knock them down a notch. It probably would have been a pretty decent fight between the Barbies and the new coalition of Tom, Desiree, Scott, and Holly, but I guess the producers thought they had to spice it up a bit.
    Des was already crying in her room to Tom about Charla being "in her ear" before Zack showed up.
    She said at that point she no longer trusted Charla or Tara.
    Tom seemed non-commital at that point, but I guess if your safety net switches you have to follow suit for the time being. His only other option at that point was Amy, but that would obviouly still mena he had to switch and it was never an option until he knew what was going to happen with the past guests.

Des could have supported the originals without being so vocal and hostile about things, I think that is where she went wrong.

Switching sides probably was a good move because as long as the Barbies can continue to select each other Des was always number five at best in that alliance.
    Even now she is on didgy ground as she has a safety net in Tom who prefers Amy.
    If there is any chance that Beau leaves before Tom and Des (I don't think this is likely mind you), I think Tom will switch to Amy.
    Last edited by fluff; 09-12-2003 at 11:44 AM.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Quote Originally Posted by fluff
    Des was already crying in her room to Tom about Charla being "in her ear" before Zack showed up.
    She said at that point she no longer trusted Charla or Tara.
    Tom seemed uncommital at that point, but I guess if your safety net switches you have to follow suit for the time being.

Des could have supported the originals without being so vocal and hostile about things, I think that is where she went wrong.

Switching sides probably was a good move because as long as the Barbies can continue to select each other Des was always number five at best in that alliance.
    Even now she is on didgy ground as she has a safety net in Tom who prefers Amy.
    If there is any chance that Beau leaves before Tom and Des (I don't think this is likely mind you), I think Tom will switch to Amy.
    That's what I was thinking all along...Tom wanted to room with Amy so bad and during Pandora's box he said he trusted her also. So if Amy is open I think Tom would leave Des for Amy. Even while Zack was back Tom was MIA nowhere to be found. I guess he didn't want to see those two together..I think he got a crush on Amy.

On Hiatus
    I guess Pinky Swear never was her middle name.
    "Ashleigh": I just think it's sleazy. It's dirty.
    Matt: Welcome to television!
    -The Joe Schmo Show

FORT Newbie
    Hmm. Maybe I should go read the Tom thread...I can't figure this guy out at all. But that's for that thread, I guess.

Admittedly it's a bit of a stretch to say that Desiree is only being loud and obnoxious to build as strong of a connection between her and the originals as possible, but I think that's what she's doing. Her mistake is to not realize that Scott could give 2 shits about Beau and Amy -- and that as Keith, Tara, and Dave correctly ascertained before all hell broke loose -- Scott is currently "top dog". We'll see how that Holly/Melanie thing shapes up, but again, that's another thread.

+ Reply to Thread