+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Desiree

She'll be there when I'm gone... won't she?
    I only saw Charla "in her ear" ONCE. There may have been more times that we didn't see on TV.

I think Des switched sides when she saw the balance of power shifting. When she arrived, the Outsiders held all the power, having just ousted Keith and Beau. Desiree was smart enough to realize that she needed to take one side or the other immediately, to have fewer enemies for a while. So she sided with the Outsiders and eliminated Alex.

Once it became clear that the power was shifting back to the Originals (with the returning guests getting a chance to come back in the game), Des was quick to jump ship on the Outsiders and throw her lot in with the Originals. They welcomed her just to have sheer numbers (and one more member who was expendable). But when it gets down to it, and the Originals have to sacrifice one of their own number to keep the rest of them in the game, guess who will be sacrificed first? One of the Originals who's not an Original. Bye bye, Desiree, Tom, and Holly.
    Last edited by Yellow Apple; 09-11-2003 at 03:52 PM.
    R.I.P Willie Dog (?/?/1989-12/17/2004). Gone but never forgotten.

Welcome Zelda (and a hot of other names)! (Born 08/08/2005, adopted 10/08/2005)

Also welcome Shasta! (Born ?/?/2004, Adopted 03/??/07)

FORT Newbie
    To some extent I agree but I still think that the way Charla went about what she was doing was all wrong. She should have listened to Keith anyway and got rid of scott. Scott has to many friends and two women to back him up.

Regardless if Des and Tom want to stay on the show then they need to stick together. It would be futile for Tom to pick Holly or Mel to room with because they both have the hots for Scott. They wont ever pick him over Scott. Not unless Scott really blows it with Holly and she picks him to get even still there are lingering feelings which in the end would get him tossed.

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by Chick
    I just dont see it that way. See I dont really know any dirt that anyone has done besides the whole Tara Alex thing. There is no way that Desiree would be able to make herself a space with the DCTK cliq. It just isnt possible, not now , not then, not ever. Nobody could do that. When Desiree came on the show the originals where weak and they were off balance so we have a spot for desiree.

Desiree sees that she was used and none of you all can deny that she wasnt so she switched sides to people that have yet to use her. Not that they wont. Charla talked to her on several occasions about getting rid of Alex. She talked about how she didnt want to see Alex win and then the whole I dont break promises stuff, etc. Charla is playing a game but she's not quite as subtle as Keith which leaves her open to be found out. Keith just plays his game and then acts innocent he does not stir up any unnecessary trouble like Tara.
    Chick- I think its admirable that you're trying to defend Desiree's actions but to be quite honest she has behaved abominably since she got there. The attitude of the Originals has always been Originals till the end - where in that group do you see a spot for Des - She is NOT an Original! At least within DCTK, they were not intimidated by her coming in, they actually spoke to her and made her feel welcome. She already knew coming in that strategy is an integral part of P-Ho and that for her to stay she might have to make some unsavory decisions.

As for dirt that has been done, Amy's behavior towards Keith, and the whole sorry debacle of the returning guests and the way they treated the Barbies made me feel so unclean that I wanted to cleanse my tv room of the horrible vibes they put into the atmosphere. Other dirt includes the Originals cheating (Alex & Kristin), Plotting to kick off Beau (who by all appearances deserves to be gone FOREVER) and just their bad tempered targeting of people i.e. threatening Keith on his first evening, to Amy's mean comments about new guests, and creating a shortlist of who and in what order they wanted off.

Des got rid of Alex under "supposed" pressure from the Barbies, but nobody forced her to say Alex's name out loud. As far as I'm aware, people have free will... Des's problem is that she is a follower and thus is easily swayed by whoever she thinks is her friend at the moment. I for one am amazed by Des's actions, she claimed to have "seen the light" in the presence of the returning originals. WTH kind of statement is that?
    I think she is extremely mean spirited. How dare she speak to Dave or anyone like that, and tell them to shut up - didnt Toni already show that telling another adult to shut up is a grievous offence in P-Ho? I think Des has little to no chance of surviving with the Originals and as she has burned her bridges with the Barbies, I hope she enjoys being out in the cold when she finds herself kicked to the curb.

Quote Originally Posted by robertoyguerra
    how can someone be so fake and so arrogant at the same time? desiree never inspired trust on anybody and if she thinks that the originals give a damn about her, she is totally mistaken.
    I agree, i wasn't sure what to make of this chick until recently. I certainly find her to be unattractive. she probably got some pathetic guy to pay for that boob job she's got but given what an UGLY person she is (especially her personalty) he probably couldn't afford a good surgeon.

:crybaby

what concerns me now is that this b**ch will probably be around longer than the DCTK and that really gripes me. actually it bugs the hell out of me to think that any of the "originals" get the satisfaction of shipping any of them off.
    but hey, at least DCTK all realize that they may be on the losing end of this game right now. how long did it take the "others" to figure out how the game was played.

First of all YA according to the sequence of events us viewers saw (meaning producer manipulation could have been in play) Desiree and Tom talked directly after they voted Alex off and way before they knew about the outcasts coming back. I was perplexed by her tears and her "I'll never trust Charla again" BS. Desiree was the LAST person to arrive. Let's assume, for the sake of argument, Desiree has been watching the show (like Matt and Keith did before her). Did she miss just those episodes when the originals were being hateful and self-righteous about their place there?
    I agree, Desiree is shifting forces, but she's made a huge tactical error by calling out Dave and Charla on numerous occassions. Now she can no longer play neutral (like Scott). She's sealed her own fate.

FORT Newbie
    My $.02 on Desiree:

Desiree started flipping sides *before* she had any idea that the evicted guests were returning to the show, and for good reason. At that point, the Barbie crew was holding all the cards, and it made sense to knock them down a notch. It probably would have been a pretty decent fight between the Barbies and the new coalition of Tom, Desiree, Scott, and Holly, but I guess the producers thought they had to spice it up a bit.

Really, Desiree played it exactly right at that point in time, and now by the producer's design, finds herself on the side with the overwhelming majority. Her only chance right now is to establish some strong bonds in the group she finds herself a part of, and the quickest way to do that is to be just as outspoken and nasty as the rest of them. She seems to be very much a part of that group now, and even if they wind up "kicking her to the curb" in the end (which I think they will), at least she made the best play she could with the hand she was dealt.

Her and Tom's best play now would probably be to try and get rid of Scott and Holly/Melanie, but since she's burned her bridges with the Barbies, they'll have to do it through Beau and Amy. This *might* be what Amy is refusing to do in the preview clips of next week's episode. Things would clear up a lot once we find out how they're going to go about the eliminations. 9 people in 2 weeks leaves a lot of things up in the air.

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by jjankechu
    My $.02 on Desiree:

Desiree started flipping sides *before* she had any idea that the evicted guests were returning to the show, and for good reason. At that point, the Barbie crew was holding all the cards, and it made sense to knock them down a notch. It probably would have been a pretty decent fight between the Barbies and the new coalition of Tom, Desiree, Scott, and Holly, but I guess the producers thought they had to spice it up a bit.

Really, Desiree played it exactly right at that point in time, and now by the producer's design, finds herself on the side with the overwhelming majority. Her only chance right now is to establish some strong bonds in the group she finds herself a part of, and the quickest way to do that is to be just as outspoken and nasty as the rest of them. She seems to be very much a part of that group now, and even if they wind up "kicking her to the curb" in the end (which I think they will), at least she made the best play she could with the hand she was dealt.

Her and Tom's best play now would probably be to try and get rid of Scott and Holly/Melanie, but since she's burned her bridges with the Barbies, they'll have to do it through Beau and Amy. This *might* be what Amy is refusing to do in the preview clips of next week's episode. Things would clear up a lot once we find out how they're going to go about the eliminations. 9 people in 2 weeks leaves a lot of things up in the air.
    I don't understand why people keep saying that the Fab Four held all the cards before Desiree arrived...How? They were clearly outnumbered, and simply because Tara pulled a fast one on Alex doesn't give them all the power...can you explain?

Quote Originally Posted by crackpot
    I don't understand why people keep saying that the Fab Four held all the cards before Desiree arrived...How? They were clearly outnumbered, and simply because Tara pulled a fast one on Alex doesn't give them all the power...can you explain?
    I don't remember saying they had the "power". I think the only person that has said that is Beau and he's delusional. Most of us here just acknowledged when the tides turned in favor of the Barbies. Just before Desiree's arrival they/we were finally assured of Tara's intentions and if she was going to join the alliance. It just seemed like things finally started to come together at that point and evening out. No POWER was ever had, but the sides were even finally.

xixi
    Desiree is stupid. If she was a smart girl, she would have teamed up with Tom, layed low during the return of the dumbasses and emerged neutral and ready for action after the new people were voted on. She then could have proposed a middle ground alliance with Holly and Scott and had a leg to stand on, or, merged with DCKT to have some leverage against Amy, Beu, Tom, Holly and Melanie when it came time for elimination.

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by crackpot
    First off, Tara didn't pull a fast one on Alex. He knew his days were numbered, and he was trying to play Tara as much as Tara was playing him. The momentum had shifted, and while Desiree came on at a very critical juncture, the tide had definitely turned. When Alex was voted off, that was pretty much the end of the "originals". Even before Alex was voted off, who was left? Just him and Amy, really. Scott, while being privy to the originals plans, isn't driven by any ideological need to get rid of the new guys. Even Alex, before he was ousted, knew that the power had shifted and said himself that if he needed to befriend them, he would to stay on.

But anyway, Alex was the last of the originals who had a clue. After he was gone, who were we left with? Scott, Holly, Tom, Desiree, and Amy, and the Fab Four, who had just finished orchestrating one HELL of a coup with their help. Amy's basically toast, and besides the Fab Four, there was no strong coalition to oppose them.

That's when Desiree made her move, to try and form one with Scott/Holly and Tom. Before the outcasts returned, you could already see Keith starting to try and oust Scott (because he was considered a nice guy -- note that the girls had given him the free pass), and even starting to try and weaken Dave and Charla's position.

That Keith...he's a tricky one.

Quote Originally Posted by xixi
    Desiree is stupid. If she was a smart girl, she would have teamed up with Tom, layed low during the return of the dumbasses and emerged neutral and ready for action after the new people were voted on.
    No one knew 2 people were going to be voted back on, and if she did know 2 people were going to be voted back on, then she has all the more reason to build relationships with the majority. Desiree doesn't have Scott's luxury of sitting back and watching because she's the newest and weakest person there. If she just sits back and watches, who, in the end, is going to feel strongly enough to break one of their old alliances to go with her?

This girl is playing for all the marbles, not just to survive until next week.
    Last edited by jjankechu; 09-11-2003 at 05:30 PM.

+ Reply to Thread