+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: 8/18 PH SHOW DISCUSSION *Spoilers*

On Hiatus
    I don't think Dave really believes he still has a "shot at romance" with Charla ... I have a feeling he may have accepted that, and genuinely just wants to be friends with her now. Or maybe I'm just naive.
    I totally agree, although just a tiny part of me thinks he's being nice to her just because she's his only chance to "win" or whatever. However, he clearly likes her (and by that, I mean enjoys being around her-I almost got weepy during some parts of his discussion with in-bed Charla...) and Charla has chosen him multiple times so she doesn't totally hate him, and I think she trusts him not to make any unwanted moves...

Bottom line, apart from the overt going insane when "politics" is involved, Dave seems the most mature of all the guests....
    Am I the only person who likes Des? She seems like an interesting person.
    Upon further thought, I think my opinion might be a bit influenced by the fact that they didn't give her much face time.

Is it me or does Charla seem to sleep alot. Last show she seemed to take a 2 hour nap(when dave was talking to keith, he made an off hand comment about him doing "all the work" while she was napping for 2 hours). This show she is stuck in bed during the middle of the day.
    I'm sticking with my depression theory. God knows, I've been there.
    "Ashleigh": I just think it's sleazy. It's dirty.
    Matt: Welcome to television!
    -The Joe Schmo Show

Everything Must Go!!!!!!! hawkman's Avatar
    the show this week was kinda blah.. nothing special really in it. desiree seems alright as a guest, although in my opinion she is rather... ugly. other than that nothing major happened, just the same stuff we see every week.
    With fondness, I think about the hipsters beavering away in coolness. Because I'm looking upon a framed picture of where they live. It's one of my favourite pictures, and the change of season doesn't change the overall effect too much. The leaves are not on the trees, but the colour of the sandstone is pretty enough. It seems grey and quiet in the picture, but I know for a fact there are a thousand Saturday meals being made and a thousand Saturday plans being hatched to drink and be senseless.

JR.
    Even though she did eventually hug him, Charla definitely left him hanging for a while. I'm still not sold on her, she seems more self-centered than bipolar.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by YCan'tAngieRead
    I'm sticking with my depression theory. God knows, I've been there.
    If you film somebody for 1 week straight, you can take any 15 minutes of footage and edit them to be anyway you want. For some reason i guess the editors of the show felt it was best to make her look a wee bit depressed, makes for more dramatics. Could have just been her time of the month for all we know. I still go on the therory she will be kicked off next show(hopefully not) and this was her last hurray(and what a way to go out).

On another side note, looking at the previews of how the girls are lined up we can almost assume Charla, Amy or Kristen don't win Queen. They show all 3 of them lined up with Desire to the left of them(most likely not her either). My money is on Tara winning the queen since she seems to be the most outgoing and likeable of all the girls left amongst all the cast.

Nerds Just Wanna Have Fun Boredom's Avatar
    Actually, I wouldn't be surprised if Holly won. She has no clue of what's going on, and she hasn't really done any backstabbing. And I liked todays show. I thought it was kind of funny.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by boredouttamind
    And I liked todays show. I thought it was kind of funny.
    Today's show was ok, nothing great though(where is toni when you need some form of entertainment). I think though that the epsiodes where somebody gets booted off are usually more entertaining and dramatic.

They should try put a Pandora's box in every non-voting somebody out episode, although that formula might be getting old and the contestants realise being 100% honest only means arguements will follow(as shown by the last Pandora's box feature which was sub par) so they don't really give controversial answers that will lead to problems. Maybe have a drinking contest then Pandora's box(seems like most entertaining scenes on this show have booze somewhat involved

You Ought To See Her Fly Paradigm's Avatar

Star of the show tonite: Editing!

Tonite show was funny in some parts and extremely weird in others. Yeah by "weird" i do mean Charla, dont get me wrong here love her to death (till now) but her attitude showed in tonite's episode was pretty perplexing to say the least. She was giving mixed signals to Keith, even if she is obviously attracted by him, she acts as if she doesnt care. The editing showed a part where she was supposed to hug Dave (and they cut right before she did...). The list goes on. I wonder why such emphaziz on Charla and her depression tonite? I just didnt understand why she didnt greet the new girl and slept. Is she just plain tired of playing the game or is she just loose in the head?

I just dont think I want to give up on Charla as one of my fav's on PH just yet (even though the producers/editors clearly want us to). I just think that no matter how smart or coy or however much of a player she is, she is still just a very vulnerable girl who knows how it feels to be couped up in a place where no one liked her (and to her that was a big shock, which i think she still hasnt fully recovered from). Therefore, the paranoia about having her distance even if someone respects her as much as Dave and Keith do (I.e. I noticed that Keith didnt take advantage of her when she was completely throwing herself at him). Infact, its those boozed up moments that get the real, insecure, vulnerable, highly volatile - Charla out. Who knows may be thats why she doesnt like to get all crazy and whip cream on ppl's arm pits coz that only means she gets emotionally attached, and being emotionally attached to someone (in particular i am thinking Keith) means that she forgets about playing the game like the brute that she is (henceforth the, "nothing here matters" arguement with Dave).

Anyways, I am gonna blab on and on... but before I forget the reason for all the blabbing I must draw a conclusion *dramatic pause*....

Conclusively, no one is perfect! So lets not start throwing judgement around at someone whose shoes we havent ever walked in. Although if we are trashing Weeping-Willow (amy) and ZackAzz, I am on.

FORT Newbie
    [ -Seriously, and I say this from a professional point of view, it looks like Charla's bipolar. To me, it looks like she just hit her low mark...which is usually accompanied by sleep, insulting people you don't mean to, and lack of desire to be social or care about anything. I was really annoyed with her until I realized what I was seeing. Get that girl some medication. ]

Bipolar my ass! I'd say she's got a definite personality disorder...
    ...I agree with medication part though. Save the Lithium for Tom.

She'll be there when I'm gone... won't she?

My thoughts...

Where do I start? Charla seems like a good place. First I didn't like her, then she grew on me, and now I don't like her again. As someone else already pointed out, she's the queen of mixed signals. She's all over Keith, and then gets mad at him for flirting back and calls him a tease. Then she shows the pic of her ex (why does she have a pic of her ex anyway, especially when she flirts with Keith, Scott, and Travolta Jr.?) and flirts with Keith all over again. I don't know what her deal is, but she got on my nerves last night between that and the waterworks. The poor old Dave tries to comfort her and she says "Nothing here matters to me", and then she gets mad at Dave when he leaves (I would have left too. You can have your pity party, Barbie. I'm going to drink with Smokey). And as if that wasn't bad enough, Dave tries to be nice and send some food to her room, and she doesn't even thank him. "This isn't what I wanted." How much of a bitch can you be (let's ask Amy)?

Speaking of Amy, why did you get mad at Lauren when she answered the question about the drama queen? If you're going to be mad at someone, be mad at the person that asked it (I forget who it was). If I was Lauren, I would have told her "You asked, and I answered. If you don't like what I said, then don't ask the question anymore, idiot."

Dave, Dave, Dave... let's hope you're better at politics than you were at bowling and gambling. Though judging from your speech about student government, I'd have to say that you're once again living in your fantasy dorkworld. My guess is, you suck at this like you do everything else so far. You think you're good, and maybe in your circle of geek friends you are. But so far on this show, you've proven that your abilities are lacking. Not to say that mine are any better, but I don't pretend to be good at everything either.

I really wanted them to pick Lauren, but I knew they would pick Desiree since a lot of people have complained about the lack of minorities on the show. That's not a knock on Desiree. She may turn out to be a cool girl. It's way too early to be passing judgement on her. But I have a feeling that the producers may have "encouraged" the contestants to choose Des.
    R.I.P Willie Dog (?/?/1989-12/17/2004). Gone but never forgotten.

Welcome Zelda (and a hot of other names)! (Born 08/08/2005, adopted 10/08/2005)

Also welcome Shasta! (Born ?/?/2004, Adopted 03/??/07)

Nerds Just Wanna Have Fun Boredom's Avatar
    I'm still not sold that Charla's having problems. I think that it's all in the world of editing. The editors probably got tired of showing her as the stuck-up one, so they made her look more like a saint. Now they're gettting tired of that, so they're making her look like a self-absorbed flirt. Heck, if they could make Amy likeable in the beginning, anything is possible.

+ Reply to Thread